Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Blog Entries

Default Can a GTX 770 handle a single 4k monitor?

I'm moving this week and I shipped my computer but decided to discard both of my monitors (each had its own problems) with the idea that I'd finally buy 4k monitors when it got here. I wasn't thinking of the graphics card though. Do you think I can play one box of wow at reasonable settings ("good"?) with an nvidia gtx 770? Do you think it would crash it just to try and web browse?

Thanks

Lux

Blog Entries

Hm... a single 770 might be a little tough. Is it the 4GB version? I think the 770 is the lowest card that "supports" 4k, maybe the 760ti does too now that I think about it.

You will definitely be able to browse the web, play back videos, ect. Gaming at the "good" level may net you like sub 30 FPS. I recommend definitely turning off AA and ambient occlusion. You can even try and render at 75% and upscale.

Getting a second 770 would be a good bump in performance.

If you only have the 2GB version you may run out of memory extremely fast, and I wouldn't recommend playing at 4k with that.
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com

Blog Entries

Thanks crum. I probably will have to get a new graphics card then, but I'll try without. I can always do a partial screen with isboxer I guess.

Maximum Digital Resolution: 4096x2160

1 - 3840x2160 at 30Hz or 4096x2160 at 24Hz supported over HDMI. 4096x2160 (including 3840x2160) at 60Hz supported over Displayport. Support for 4k tiled MST displays requires 326.19 driver or later.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

And even if you can't play at 3840x2160, there's nothing stopping you from simply playing in windowed mode at a lower resolution, or even dropping your desktop resolution to play in windowed borderless or fullscreen (which will be slightly blurry).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

Just an update to this, I haven't had any problems single boxing or dual boxing, but dual boxing while watching a video in VLC is nogo.