Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Trying to make a fancy clickbar

Hey Guys,

I am wanting to put together a click bar, repeater region, or a Video FX region. Not entirely sure what would work best, so wanted to get the opinion of more experience Isboxer users.

Here is my goal. I have a team 5 and each has a cool down ability. I want to control this manually each toon by doing a mouse click.

Ideally, I want to see the ability from each toon on my main window - that is I want to see the actual cool down and the actual icon. When I click it, it does a round robin to the next toon. I could see that toon Name or Slot#, see his icon and cool down.

Would Video FX be the way to go?

Blog Entries

hmm... so you want it to trigger the spell plus swap the video feed to the next toon each time? That sounds like more of a videofx idea than a click bar.

What specific ability are you dealing with and how long is the cooldown? For most things round robin can just trust that it will be back off cooldown the next time you get to that toon, but maybe you are doing something fancy.

I wanted to do something like that, but it was a lot of work and I gave up mid way
    What I wanted to do is:
    add the abilities I wanted to an action bar for each character.
    add a vfx source over each character's action bar.
    add a dxnothing* window and have add 5 vfx viewers to it - for each of the vfx sources. order them in the same order as the characters in your party (so your party needs to be sorted the same regardless of the toon you're playing)
    add a vfx source over the five viewers and a vfx viewer of that source to your actual game windows.
    also need to add repeater regions for the viewers so your clicks go to the original window.
    i didn't get to implement all of it so not sure if chaining viewers and sources like that actually works

*need to use dxnothing since you can't have a viewer for a source of the current window. my solution was to go through dxnothing. again, not entirely sure it works.

Pazgaz,

That sounds exactly like what I wanted to do. I mainly what to setup an action bar of abilities I don't use that often (5 / 10 minute cool downs) and be able to see them all from all toons on 1 screen, either do a round-robin scheme or see all abilities + cool down at once. I don't like making a million keybinds and would like to see the buttons