Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Guess it's just me then.. I like having to think about what I use when.. I'm happy to be punished if I make the wrong choices.. it would be boring otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Guess it's just me then.. I like having to think about what I use when.. I'm happy to be punished if I make the wrong choices.. it would be boring otherwise.
    I understand that. What's the point of having a bunch of abilities, if we are just going to script them into 1 single button?

I have already found something that I just dislike with using GS. If I keep mashing my same button, instead of the previous 4, that finger gets exhausted. Also I have found that I somehow have developed my movement style with WASD to include all fingers for the movement, and sometimes swapping out just one to press 1-5 (but not always the same finger). If I now just remove one finger totally for the GS duty, it just feels weird moving as I used to.
    So to effectively use the GS script (at least for now) I have an easier time putting it on 1,2 and 3, and just use all of them...

Sometimes I use WASD but I mainly move with the mouse, (right hand) and key-press with the left. My interact with target is F2.. assist is F1 but it's also in a macro once per ability for each skill.

I have /follow bound to my mouse button on the side of my mouse for alts, rebuke on main, and the other side button on the mouse bound to target next enemy (just on the main).

While I was leveling my Paladins to 100 I used macros of my own, but soon discovered once I did the artifact quest in bad gear it was far better to have 1 ability per action bar space.. I don't use Gnome nor do I use any of the macro stuff in isboxer.. so for now I play as close to solo as possible.

I'm finding it a lot more rewarding having to use my brain and not bash a button that does all my thinking for me
    Last edited by Andreauk : 10-08-2016 at 01:56 PM

I'm finding it a lot more rewarding having to use my brain and not bash a button that does all my thinking for me
    This is why I like building efficient macros.. Vs just spamming a sequence. Takes a lil time sitting in front of dummies practicing the buttons. My buddies would always get so mad bc my DK team that was lower than them in ilvl was not only tying them in dps but also beating them at times. "This was in WoD" have not leveled the dks yet in Legion.

That is where i gain my reward feels!

You keep talkin about hunters making me wanna level mine on up...!!! GRRR

My days with Hunters are over.. I just have the Pally team now.

For fatigue you can create duplicate keys. I use F R and V and 2-3 for my most used abilities. F is very easy for me to spam and I can do it for several hours before I get fatigued.

We also don't need to mash that key that much since the GCD is still 1 to 1.5 seconds.

My days with Hunters are over.. I just have the Pally team now.
    For this expansion a team of 5 hunters will need a pretty decent level of gear to blast through mythics. And that would work on mythics where bosses can be bursted down quickly, and don't have unavoidable AoE which enters the fight quickly.
    For example Helya with all the different phases etc would be the Ragemaw of WoD. However there are a couple dungeons I know would work all the way with a nice burst. Thicket for example.
    However there are a few downsides. One major thing is that we do not have the guildress anymore. So fighting through trash and having to run in all the time is just troublesome.
    A team of 5 paladins you can gear in heroics/mythics. A team of hunters you will not do that as easily.

Yes I don't have time for multiple teams (very tempted by making a DK team though).

I have zero interest in doing Mythic+ I just want to grab the best gear I can and go back to my old school farming.

I'm going to get the Argent Tourney done x5 to get the missing mounts I need - I do love mount farming/mog farming.

Still need to do the legendary quest in ICC! Least this way I can do it without asking in trade for help.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 10-10-2016 at 06:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    For fatigue you can create duplicate keys. I use F R and V and 2-3 for my most used abilities. F is very easy for me to spam and I can do it for several hours before I get fatigued.

We also don't need to mash that key that much since the GCD is still 1 to 1.5 seconds.
    Yes I would have to create duplicate keys. Currently I use:
    F: follow master (very necessary to spam at times to keep my party controlled, since I auto assist on all abilitys.)
    C: Manual IWT ( ctrl + c forced loot)
    E: LoTP on self for whole team
    Q: First interrupt
    R: I'm not used to having this as a quick/spam button, but it may work if I start using it. Will try it tonight if I get any gaming time this evening.

My Keymaps for common things
    Tilt Mouse Wheel left and right are my strafe left and right..works great.. you have to try it if you dont do this now.
    F: Follow
    Q: GTAE
    E: Interrupt on Round Robin
    R: misc Round Robin
    T: Other GTAE
    G: Activate Special
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )