Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default 5 Paladins Neltharion's Lair Mythic

Last week I had not completed any of my mythic+ keystones. To be eligible for the class hall chest I had to at least complete one.
    The only problem was that the keystones I had was Neltharion's lair x5.
    That dungeons was one of the few I have not completed. I had tried before, and given up on the third boss.
    Since that, paladins have also had their self healing nerfed, which made it feel even harder for me to get that boss down.

But now I had a real motivation to beat this specific dungeon, compared to before where I could just go and do something easier.

So I went in there, and went with a more defensive approach against Naraxas. Before I had assumed that having no character within melee range would mean some huge party wide damage (like on Serpentrix). So I had never left the boss melee range with my whole team before.
    But as it turns out, the AoE is not deadly, and can actually provide a break from the boss melee dmg, and all the AoE pools which are at the boss.
    In the end the boss died during a quite badly executed attempt, where I failed the Spiked Tongue mechanic 3 times. Every time he digests a player (or one of the adds) the damage increases by 50%. The only reason that attempt worked was because I handled everything else better (healing, cooldown management, and not standing in so much aoe).

Now let's hope for some Maw of Souls, or Darkheart Thicket keystones for next week. I know I can beat those timers.

😀. Seeing the videos makes me feel there is hope for my pallys too. Keep the spirit up 😀