Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AoE spooge

Default AoE spooge

the game is just AoE happy now, you can't interrupt it, they come out of no where, you can't really move out of it because it has a slow affect. I've been doing some of the world quests and most of the blue items have some type of boss that seems to scale to the number of people there. At least I think they scale. What I have been seeing is a team-wide AoE DOT that just murders my team. I don't understand why nobody else dies like I do.

I think I have it. Everyone on the same team is getting the same AoE DOT at the same time. Proximity to neighbors is deadly. I disband my team and spread them out a little and now only one of my guys gets tagged at a time. The AoE has an extreme range, you can't really move out to the edge of the zone.

There is another type of AoE where a blade shows up behind everyone and if you don't move quick is slices through everyone on the team and poof.

the AoE spooge cannons make this game very un-fun. It's like playing reverse wack-a-mole and I'm the mole. I can't do anything but run and hide.
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

What classes are you playing? I don't have that issue on my druids or paladins. ( only two teams i have at 110 atm )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Which encounters are doing this to you? I've done most of the world quests at this point and I'm not seeing anything on my paladins that I can't move out of, aside from that harpy bitch in Aszuna that spams tornadoes that follow you around.../wrists
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Yea, some of the blue bosses for world quests do a spell called 'echos' or something, aoe explosion on all chars, so if you are grouped in one spot its basically a wipe. Generally see it mostly on ranged characters I've found. It's wiped me a few times, 4x shams.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Take the giant that likes to throw rocks at you. not terribly hard to avoid since the pattern shows up on the ground several seconds before he throws the rock. if I'm in my team, I get 5 patterns showing up and if I don't avoid the rock I'm hit with 5 AoE bombs at once and pretty much go poof. If on the other hand I disband my team if one of my guys gets targeted only 1 pattern shows up under the 1 guy that got targeted. While still painful to get hit by the rock, it's 1/5 as deadly was it was before.
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

World boss Jim is another that spawns insta team gibs. Ran in at start of fight with 5 hunters and died after getting first shot off

I loved that boss with my x5 Prots.. was in my own grp.. others were there and I didn't die on any toons.. got a nice cloak and a ring