Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Neltharion's Lair

Did this as my first normal dungeon today on my x5 Prot Palas. Four were level 104, one was 103 - item level around 729.

First 2 bosses were fine no wipes.. but jeeze those last 2 were a pain in the ass.. that worm was the worst for me.

On the last boss I figured out it was better to park my team up against the wall near the start and suck up the damage rather than get thrown all over the shop, aoe took out the add while I stayed focused on Dargrul. I was right, he went down easy this way.

Consecrated Ground provided some nice healing having it on all 5.

I'm pretty sure my Hunters with a healer would have a far easier time.. but maybe it's just gear?
    Last edited by Andreauk : 10-04-2016 at 04:27 PM

I tried this before I was 110 as well and had issues.. dont let your heart be troubled. once you get to 110 and get just a tad bit of gear..it gets easier ( more artifact traits help as well ) But all the normals just melted once i hit 110 and was like 806 GS or so. I have done 3 Heroics now ( gs 830ish ).. im sure i could do more.. but I'm a panzy..I'm scurd! I keep doing them as i get quests for them..no boss wipes yet!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I'm struggling a bit with certain bosses just due to movement issues. My current nemesis is Serpentrix. Not being able to stand in Consecration is a PITA.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Ah I feel a little better then

Serpentrix - yes can't say I'm looking forward to that one either!

I found having each skill on it's own space on the action bar gave me a lot more choice in what I used when.. I like to time my consecration to go down first, then use my other stuff when I need to. I didn't taunt around, and aggro just passed around.. if one of them took a heavy beating then I would taunt only on my main, but I guess that may have to change at higher end.

I gave it a go as that was my first zone and I had a quest in there.. also got item level 800 blue quest gloves at the end that were almost 100 item levels better than what I had. Got the red artifact appearance for Truthguard from getting the hammer too so I am happy.

I have always had ranged teams - mainly with pets tanking so this feels harder to me.. I'm glad to have a ranged team as backup.. gives me options if I end up failing hard at melee lol
    Last edited by Andreauk : 10-05-2016 at 02:35 AM

The best way to tackle Dargrul is to make sure you use active mitigation on the toon tanking him when molten crash happens or else that toon will be knocked back quite a bit and take extra damage. This is annoying because the boss then chases after that toon and it can even reset the boss if you get knocked away too far.

As for the rock spike cone from Dargruls Landslide ability, if you spread your toons out a bit around the boss they all wont get knocked back when he does landslide. I always try to taunt on bosses that do knockbacks and/or fears to minimize movement of the other toons which helps improve your DPS.

Its also good to aim the landslide away from the crystal spikes if you need to use it for the magma wave. Fun fact: if you kite the charskin add into the crystal spike it will be stunned and take 100% extra damage for 10 seconds. So far I just rotate my immunities and never actually need to use the crystal spikes.

On Naraxas its one of the only fights I prefer physical bop to magical bop. You can bop the Toon taking spiked tongue and they wont take any damage. I never bother to run away with it. Its also very important to kill adds you can let maybe 1 or 2 get eaten but anymore than that and you will have some major issues at 20% when she frenzies. Depending on your damage you will get 1-3 stacks of ravenous. At 20% when she casts frenzy that is where you save any remaining bops and blow all your defensive CDs to survive. It sucks because it does heavy poison damage for melee but you need to try to save your defensives cds for the end and your offensive cds to make sure the adds die.

The only saving grace to Serpentrix is that it repositions every 33%. The best way to handle the poision debuff is to swap windows to that toon targeted by it and step left or right and quickly strafe your other toons the other direction and then from that one toon try to make it as small as possible. Once its done take your toon back to your pile of stacked toons and then repeat that until she submerges and moves to another location. You should only have to deal with 1 to 3 poison debuffs each 1/3rd of her life. Its also very helpful to kill serpentrix 1st or 2nd. All the awful debuffs like winds and lightning hazard happen after you kill the other bosses. I killed her first and it was much easier without the RNG winds pushing my toons into water traps with the poison debuff. Its also nice to not take 800k damage from RNG lightning that loves to target stacked toons.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 10-06-2016 at 03:10 PM

It was just easier to park all my toons to a wall so the knock back wasn't an issue. Stacking with the heals from consecration x5 healed a nice amount.

I did it the pretty normal way. Position tank near group but far enough so the golem could be burned down. Have three sets of movement keys. One for ranged, one for tank, one for all.

Start encounter, swap to golem when he comes out and blow cooldowns. Then back on Dargul. Move ranged when he would make crystal spikes. You don't want him destroying them. Whenever tank would get knocked out of range swap quick to tank and leap back to group.

When he would do his major attack I have a toggle that swaps my DPS rotation to an idle rotation ( follow, blow cheetah, intercept, mistwalk, etc ) and then just follow master. So when his big smash comes toggle idle and then run everyone around one of the pillars he creates. Wait for him to finish, run out and then start DPS again.

You really want a raid targets macro for this. My Legion one looks like this (so far):

/target [exists, nodead] Grasping Tentacle
    /target [exists, nodead] Destructor Tentacle
    /target [exists, nodead] Stinging Swarms
    /target [exists, nodead] Blazing Hydra Spawn
    /target [exists, nodead] Shackled Servitor
    /target [exists, nodead] Faceless Tendril
    /target [exists, nodead] Bellowing Idol

The aforementioned includes events for Maw, Eye and Nel's lair.

I put that in front of my DPS rotations so when the hotkey is on, the keymap is on and running. Or you can use in game swap bars to toggle it on or off. This way you don't have to try to target by hand everything while healing and tanking.

The DPS idle one you can do however you like. For me it was two different wow named macros. Then a step that locks at 1 for reg DPS and another that locks at 2 for idle. Swapping between the two then is a simple toggle.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    /target [exists, nodead] Grasping Tentacle
    /target [exists, nodead] Destructor Tentacle
    /target [exists, nodead] Stinging Swarms
    /target [exists, nodead] Blazing Hydra Spawn
    /target [exists, nodead] Shackled Servitor
    /target [exists, nodead] Faceless Tendril
    /target [exists, nodead] Bellowing Idol
    Just an FYI... [dead] (and its opposite) implies [exists], so putting both conditionals in there is redundant.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Just an FYI... [dead] (and its opposite) implies [exists], so putting both conditionals in there is redundant.

Sure about that? I recall sometime back I had them [exists] and it was targeting corpses..

Maybe this functionality changed? Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    Sure about that? I recall sometime back I had them [exists] and it was targeting corpses..

Maybe this functionality changed? Hm.
    Uh... because [exists] doesn't imply [nodead]; [nodead] implies [exists]. Obviously, if you weren't using [nodead] in an older macro it would target corpses, because both types of units (those dead and not dead) physically exist in the game world and are within targeting range of the character(s) executing the command.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology