Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Group comp for Legion Mythic(+)

Hi - I haven't been playing WoW or multiboxing for a long time. In fact, the last time I multiboxed was during WOTLK I think

I've levelled up my DK to 110 and I'm thinking of delving into multiboxing again. I like challenging myself with dungeons - previously it was heroics in WOTLK and the associated achievements (until you could just bruteforce most of it). I used to play a team of DK (tank), Mage, Shaman, Druid, Priest (healer).

Anyway, I'm looking for a good composition to spend my level-up tokens on. I see most buffs have been removed and I was thinking of just going DK + 4 SHM (3 DPS + healer). Perhaps swap a shaman for a mage (poly), but I'm not sure if the added utility will be worth the simplicity traded

Considering I'd like to see how far I can get in Mythic+, I'd be very appreciative of advice with group composition
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyboy View Post
    Hi - I haven't been playing WoW or multiboxing for a long time. In fact, the last time I multiboxed was during WOTLK I think

I've levelled up my DK to 110 and I'm thinking of delving into multiboxing again. I like challenging myself with dungeons - previously it was heroics in WOTLK and the associated achievements (until you could just bruteforce most of it). I used to play a team of DK (tank), Mage, Shaman, Druid, Priest (healer).

Anyway, I'm looking for a good composition to spend my level-up tokens on. I see most buffs have been removed and I was thinking of just going DK + 4 SHM (3 DPS + healer). Perhaps swap a shaman for a mage (poly), but I'm not sure if the added utility will be worth the simplicity traded

Considering I'd like to see how far I can get in Mythic+, I'd be very appreciative of advice with group composition
    From what I have seen so far, there is a lot of party damage and debuffs on 1 person which drop shit on the ground. I think so far the people with the best success/easiest time in mythics has been a 5 prot pally group or close to that. Not even kidding.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

How are you with melee teams? It's all about the melee this expansion.

Ranged DPS, and most especially elemental shaman, are in a very bad spot right now. I think its the movement required during fights keep ranged DPS very low. Heard the BM and MM hunters are ok, and I had luck with Dest warlock.

I would check out the video section and see some of the teams running dungeons now. 5x pali tank and 4xDK+1 pali seem good options.

Hey Fuzzyboy,

I'm back from a short break myself.
    I'm glad after asking around that I decided to box Legion. It has a very WOTLK expansion (which was my favorite) feel to it for me. Not sure why, but it is simply fun again.

This past week I've been doing a lot of testing.
    I wanted to see what would end up working out best for me, taking into account (class halls, ease of use, world PVP, and instances/raiding).

I love mixed teams so I first tested War(tank), Druid(heals), Priest, Lock, Hunter.
    This was horrible across the board. The class halls, instances to a degree, WPVP just did not work out.
    Well, the instances weren't too bad. But I just couldn't deal with having 5x different class halls, all located in much different areas from one another. This team concept got ditched pretty quick.

I then moved to 5x Paladins like others on here have done. This is a very effective and safe group to run with. Having 5x the same class makes the questing and class halls much easier to deal with. This group also does really well in WPVP and running instances, while a bit on the slower side is still really fun and rewarding.

The last group I tested and decided to stick with is Paladin(Tank), Shaman(Heals), 3x BM Hunter(DPS). The order halls are not too bad with these 3 different classes, as their access points are all really close to each other.

WPVP is amazing and instances are just smooth and fast. I drive with the healer 90% of the time. Healing rain + chain heal + the ability to move while casting and having the BM hunters DPS while moving makes the instances a breeze. Their DPS / Burst is insane with all 3 using the normal BM abilities + Stomp + Multi-Shot makes for quick and easy killing of packs.

Paladin - Great tank this expansion (well... every expansion) for us multiboxers. They are so easy to work with and macro is the reason why I have no need to drive with them. Makes life much easier in PVE/PVP to just drive with the healer.

Shaman - Def. my go to healer this expansion. Druid takes way to much micro managing to be effective (for me). Priest was my healer last expansion, but just not feeling it this time around, too static. Shaman is great this expansion for multiboxers. Very easy to macro DPS + Heals together without having to worry about too much. I mean we have a couple CD's, Healing Surge and Healing Wave. Healing Wave + Chain Heal + Totem for AOE. Very easy to work with!

BM Hunter - They look freaking awesome with the pets (mechanical pets love em). They are so easy to macro that they are boring as hell to play solo lol. But they are very efficient killing machines for us Multiboxers.

I hope this gives some alternate view points for you. Sorry for the long post and if I rambled a bit haha. I think the biggest suggestion I can make is try to Multibox on the test Realm. Figure out what team you want to use there. As others have stated, you don't really want to level up multiple teams this expansion. As it stands right now, you pretty much need to quest through the areas to level. Dungeons don't give enough XP in Legion (currently). Unless of course you don't mind the level grind through Legion. I can see doing it 2X, but anymore than that I think I would pull my hair out, if my head wasn't shaved!

Good luck.
    Last edited by Teknetron : 10-03-2016 at 06:51 PM Reason: Spelling / Formatting

Thanks for the feedback - it's very helpful!

I've tried a couple of melee setups in WoTLK and I never really got into it. From your descriptions it seems very viable, but I can't really see myself doing it.

The tank/hunters/healers setup sounds very interesting - especially after I researched BM hunters a bit and learned about their CC abilities. I do worry some about pet healing and about having a 3-class group setup with the class halls and all, but I guess it's something I'd just have to make work.

As for the "drop stuff on the ground", I guess that's another vote for the mobile class setups and the potential of hunters.

Right now I'm leaning towards a DK tank/BM hunter DPS and for healing either a druid or shaman.

What are you experiences with shaman vs druid on healing duty?

From what I can see (keep in mind that my class knowledge is fairly superficial):

Druid pros are:
    - Mobility
    - Inervate
    - Rebirth (though Resto SHM has Ancestral Prot option)
    - Tranquility (though Resto SHM has a similar spell)

Shaman pros are:
    - Bloodlust/heroism
    - Hex
    - Groupwide mobility buff (talent)
    - Mobilie healing (though on CD and has mana cost)

My teams are x5 Prot Pallys, and x4 BM Hunts driven from a Holy Priest - Holy is a lot better this expac with some heals usable on the move - plus the artifact ability is passive with free heals.

Priest pros :

This is a nice instant with only a 1 min cd.. it's like lay on hands..

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2050/holy-word-serenity

Also the aoe insta heal - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=34861/holy-word-sanctify

That with renew makes for some nice oh crap healing.

Artifact passive: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=196684/invoke-the-naaru

I love both teams equally and won't be rolling anything more unless it's for solo play.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 10-04-2016 at 08:24 AM

Hi Andrea - thanks for the feedback. I like priests as well, they seem to be fairly "macroable", though compared to a resto shaman, the Bloodlust buff is a big plus for the Shaman. I ended up with a shaman, because resto druids seem to be harder to macro.

So my team as of now is blood dk + 3 BM hunters + resto shaman. I hope that will work, since I spent my lvl 100 level ups on them

I used my boost on a paladin tank, x3 bm hunts and a shammy healer and totally wasted it.. the shammys artifact ability is an aoe target circle the same as healing rain.. it was too much of a pain for me when running a lot out of aoe damage.

I ended up rerolling.

That sounds annoying, but your characters will most likely be pretty close - are you losing much if you just center the cast on yourself?

Edit: I mean, since you're boxing your slaves will be close together most of the time, so a mouseclick (mapped to a key) in the middle of the screen would hit the group 90% of the time. You're missing out on hitting the tank, but I guess you would as well, even if you targettted manually?