Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48

Thanks for a detailed answer

I have to say, damn! That is some crazy single target dps you are pushing on the bosses. I'm fully dealing with all mechanics, many times over, for all bosses. And if it is as you say that DK have much higher AoE damage, that must make trash go down very easy as well.
    You are pulling trash about the same way as I do, so I guess that it's just the sheer dps output which will speed me up in that (and probably most) mythic+ dungeons.
    As mythic+ is all about the speed, and where AoE might matter more in the end than single target, DK:s should definitely have an edge.

You said you started using potions. I had a potion of old war in my bag, and tried it on a dummy. I logged that it did 2 mill damage in total. With Avenging wrath it should do 2.7, and with drums it should do like 3.3 and x5 its 17ish mill.Even with or without drums, that will lower the boss fight duration significantly.

However I'm not even fully enchanted and gemmed yet, and don't always use flasks. So before I start chugging the old war pots I should get those things sorted

Xeneres, after watching some of your videos I've noticed you don't use Wraith Link (DKs) + Divine Steed (Paladin).

Wraith Link gives the DKs a 3 second 70% speed boost and Divine Steed gives the paladin a 100% speed boost. They are great to use in Black Rook Hold with the dread lord and to avoid Odyn's massive AoE in Halls of Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    Xeneres, after watching some of your videos I've noticed you don't use Wraith Link (DKs) + Divine Steed (Paladin).

Wraith Link gives the DKs a 3 second 70% speed boost and Divine Steed gives the paladin a 100% speed boost. They are great to use in Black Rook Hold with the dread lord and to avoid Odyn's massive AoE in Halls of Valor.
    Do you mean Wraith walk? I do not use it as often as I should. It's something I'm working on. Even with the glyph DKs have the worst mobility of any class in this game. Wraith walk is almost unusable without the glyph and people gouge the shit out of it on the AH and make it cost 10K+. The paladins divine steed syncs up with wraith walk but it is faster % movement speed so I need to be careful with it or I can break follow. It is nice that its 50% faster I guess since it can get my dks moving faster. I may setup some kind of a slightly delay 2 step in isboxer so my DKs fire off their mobility a bit after the pally so that they are guaranteed to be moving for the entirety of wraith walk.

Note: Divine steed is buffed by Heart of the Crusader (20% mount speed) since blizzard considered you to be mounted.

For Odyn I just eat the AoE so that I can kill the add faster. I can't run out and death grip it at the same time. Its not something you can instantly kill in mythic+ (~6 million + HP) and if it gets a cast off it can quickly wipe your group as each cast is faster. I don't know if wraith walk would even be up fast enough for each one. My dks typically have no chance of getting out in time unless my paladin is already far enough away to make them start moving as soon as odyn casts and since he grips you it takes a second or two for the slaves to be far enough from you to follow and by then wraith walk only has about 1 second of movement.

For the last boss in blackrook I'm not sure if its always the same laser placement but I just use a CD if I notice that I'm going to eat a tick. Its better to eat a tick with CDs and to get behind it than to try to outrun it if its ontop of you. Its often difficult to stick to the inside due to all the sleep clouds so you may fall behind if you are trying to out run it and due to the nature of follow your slaves will always be a few yards behind your mains. I've been trying to see where the best place to stand before the boss starts the lasers. So far I've determined that north on the minimap near the brazier/lantern on the edge of the room is what works best for me.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 11-07-2016 at 01:56 AM

I ran a few of these last week recorded but haven't yet made a video. I mainly was just doing the minimum to get the weekly chest. I'll make the video hopefully in the next few days.

I ran Neltharion's Lair+3 and got 2 chests the affix was teaming. I got a halls of valor+5 from this with teaming... So I ran another +3 dungeon for a new keystone.

I then ran court of stars+3 (also teaming) and got 1 chests from it (that dungeon is rough with teaming) as well and finally got a good Wardens+4 keystone for the 865 weekly chest.

I finally ran vault of the wardens+4 and got 2 chests from it for the first time. It then gave me a +6 darkheart thicket with teaming and necrotic (no thanks!)

I got some good keystones this week. I got Neltharion's Lair+2 x3 so I should probably be able to 3 chest that dungeon several times. I think I also got an Eye of Azshara and a Vault of the Wardens+2. It seems I can never go a week without a Eye of Azshara keystone...

I've been working on my herbalist and alchemy alt team of 5x enchantment shamans. They are all about ~108 today. I'm going to finish up their leveling and finish up their their order hall dungeon quests and profession quests this weekend before I start running my mythic+ and Kara this week. Just spending a few hours leveling in highmountain I have over 800 foxflower. It really is silly how many herbs you can farm while multiboxing it. I thought about making 10 shaman actaully but decided to just stick with 5 to make it easier to level. There was also a big bot ban wave which should drive herb prices up. I'm hoping to spend a few hours farming herbs each week to fuel my potions for progressing in higher level mythic+ and also to pay for my wow subs.

I probably should of gotten on the herbalism and alchemy bandwagon much sooner but I would not of given up my enchanting and engineering. I really miss my loot a rang, auctioneer in Dalaran and goblin glider when I play my shamans.

I do like the shamans but I feel their AoE (at least with my level of artifact traits) is quite low and more difficult to land since it only hits mobs in front of you. They also are quite squishy but do have excellent mobility and AoE stuns. Enhances healing rain does seem to be very powerful so maybe I'll be able to try my originally planned team comp for legion of 1x Blood and 4x Enhance or maybe 1x prot pally and 4x enhance. I still don't think it will do as well as my current comp but will be a fun side project.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 11-10-2016 at 11:13 AM

I only ran two Mythic+ dungeons this week. I was sick all weekend with bronchitis and also was working on finishing up my 5x enhancement teams order hall quest line so they can have mount speed ghostwolf via Rehgar.

I love running around as ghostwolf at 100% speed and its instant cast. They can be slowed some by daze but can not be dazed out of ghost wolf. They still move faster than normal movement speed even if they are dazed and once the debuff is gone they go back to being 100%. As long as they ghost wolf out of combat they keep the 200% movement speed even if they get in combat.

I made a few profession changes on my main team and turned my paladin into an alchemist and my "main" dk into a JC. I still have my other 3 dks as enchanters so I can de their world quest gear and upgraded items. I refuse to part with engineering x5 I love my glider (even if it was nerfed in instances) along with the loot a rang and Jeeves. I think I spent all of Sunday leveling my professions and working on the profession questline and their required dungeons. I'm now more self-sufficient and do not need to spend 500K+ a week on consumables for pushing Mythic+ and Karazhan progression on the last boss. I got rank 3 old war potion discovered and am now working on rank 3 str flask proc.

I use my blood of sargeras across my toons, with the exception of my JC toon, to buy the cheaper herbs so that my shaman can focus on farming Surumar for starlight rose and ore. I have not yet discovered the rank 3 starlight rose. I also still need to unlock rank 3 of Aethril so I can get extra herb harvests. Those are on my todo list this week.

I made a bit more progress in mythic+ by 2 chesting a +5 dungeon. It was Maw of souls so it wasn't too difficult but some of that trash gets harder at higher difficulties with raging.

I 3 chested Neltharion's Lair+2:

KIboiMb.jpg

I also 2 chested Maw of Souls+5 with raging with about 1 minute to spare:

YOdP9Ya.jpg

I didn't record the Neltharion's Lair+2 but did record the Maw of Souls+5

I got my very first +7 keystone but unfortunately it was Vault of the Wardens with raging and volcanic. I will not get past the inquisitor fight with volcanic as the eyeballs cause volcanic to spawn every few seconds during that fight.

I only cleared Kara to the Mana Devourer boss. I got my first set of the 2 minutes of +10% damage and healing after killing a dungeon boss. I'm hoping in the next few months I can get every toon with that set. I can definitely notice the damage from the toon who has it.

I also got one more legendary item to bring my total up to 7. Two toons have 2. It was that damn Sephuz's Secret. 3/5 DKs now have it...I guess it is technically bis for Mythic+ dungeons as it triggers from arcane torrent, deathgrips and stuns. The only downside is its 100% useless for boss fights as I can't trigger it unless that boss fight has adds.

Here is the Maw of Souls+5 I ran a few days ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    The only thing that puts me off DH is all those target aoe abilities
    Since a recent patch you can now macro GTAE skills on yourself or your cursor location -- which shouldn't be an issue on an all melee team.

/cast [@player] Death and Decay
    /cast [@cursor] Death and Decay

Yeah I know about that since the changes.