Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 48

You can see the dps on the screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Very nice!
    To beat these timers, you have to be putting out some fair dps. Are the paladin doing as much as the dks? And how do the paladin compare in single target vs AoE?
    My team can't be very far behind gear wise - the limited gaming time I have I spend on doing what quick things I can to get gear and AP I need with nice world quests etc (also trying to advance on my hunters).
    So it was a while ago I had time to work on learning/beating new things, last time was when I was home from work sick a whole week. I'm at 850 ILvl and I'm about 6-7 traits away from my third golden trait. What's your team at? Also do you use flasks or potions regularly? I guess the expensive potions can help a lot for a more difficult boss fight.
    My Paladin definitely puts out on single target. Probably more so than my DKs if it wasn't doing all the running around and guiding my dks through mechanics and being the battle healer. The nice thing about paladin is most of its damage is tied into shield of the righteous, judgement, and avenger shield. So it can get in do some damage and then run away, if needed, and not suffer a huge single target dps loss. The paladin has to be more careful about AoE mechanics as I'm trying to somewhat preserve light of the protector. The DKs have their leech, self heals, boneshield absorbs and higher HP so they can take handle AoE damage much better provided its not constant DoT damage. The paladin handles large spike damage mechanics a bit better due to actaully having a % damage reduction cds (a lot of them too!) On some AoE heavy fights I use light of the protector at least 50%+ on the Paladin. The DKs can survive a long time just taunt trading to keep their HP high.

My paladin does significantly less AoE damage than my DKs. The DKs have lots of burst AoE at the start of any trash pack but eventually it winds down the longer the fight goes on for. It has recently improved since I unlocked Tyr's enforcer and went back to having my avenger shield hit 3 targets. I'm hoping for the legendary on it to increase it to 5 targets or the 15% heal on lesser blessings.

I do use flasks and drums. I have not yet used any combat potions. I will probably try them out assuming they wont bankrupt me. One thing that is pretty cheap is invisibility potions. They can shave of a few trash packs in most dungeons. I will try to start using both potion types this week. I think I will need too it if I'm going to beat a +6 or +7 dungeon timer with tank DPS.

I also spent like 700k gold yesterday on 5x darkmoon cards: bought 35 Obliterum to upgrade them all and that took 14 blood of Sargeras per toon which dipped into my gold making. I believe these trinkets are a good investment as crit is my best stat on my Prot Paladin and my 2nd best for my DKs. This item will also be upgradeable to 855 in 7.1, a week from now. I'm hoping blizzard keeps letting the trinket be upgradeable throughout the expansion. The card itself is a raw str trinket with a varying crit buff proc that ranges from about 700 to 1400 crit. The trinket kicks in immediately in combat and every 20 seconds it shuffles giving a varying level of crit. While some trinkets have a static 930 or so crit at 850 ilevel, if you get crit as your secondary, this trinket has the potential to go up to 1399 crit and it has equivalent base strength.

I bought this trinket because I was tired of having to rely on RNG from world quests to give me and 850 warforge/titanforge with proper stats. I had 850 trinkets on most of my toons but they were not ideal stats. 2 of them still had 2x 840 trinkets so this was a good power upgrade for my team. Multiboxers cannot take full advantage of proc trinkets which are what most trinkets are in dungeons and raids. So basically world quests were my only source for a trinket upgrade and I'd have to get 2 of them, so this trinket I think is a good investment.

As for my toons ilevel:

Xenerys (paladin) 862 - No Legendary

Xeneres (858) - No Legendary

Xeneris (858) - Legendary Blood Queen Ring

Xeneros (862) - No Legendary

Xenerus (863) - Legendary Cape

Added New +4 and +5 Blackrook Hold within timer videos to my post earlier in this thread with the screenshots for those dungeons.

I'll add some comments to that post too.

I ran some other Mythic+3-4 this week. I think bolstering is my second lease favorite affix, after nectoric, and to make it worse I got some very unfriendly/long dungeons. Bolstering is very draining and annoying as you cannot kill the healer and annoying mobs in the pack first. When you have swarming mobs such as the mana worms in Arcway they all bolster and you pull both side in Ivanyrs room so they all bolster and become very dangerous. Even worse is when you get the forgotten spirits patrolling and forcing you to kill them because eventually you will not be able to heal.

Bolstering buffs every mob within 45 yards with 20% health and damage. Its very annoying. Some people in my guild didn't even bother to do them this week due to this affix. It makes it difficult to beat timers as it hinders your ability to chain pull.

I was able to beat the timer of every +3 dungeon I attempted but was not able to get 2 chests.

Arcway+3 x 2

Vault of the Wardens+3

Eye of Azshara+4 (Upgraded Arcway Keystone)

Darkheart Thicket+4 (Upgraded Vault of the Wardens Keystone)

Vault of the Wardens+4 (Was within ~30 seconds from beating timer - Upgraded Arcway Keystone)

My remaining Keystones are +3 Halls of Valor and +3 Eye of Azshara. I'm not really too keen on doing those dungeons with bolstering. I will most likely not be able to beat the timer on these I do not believe. I may do them just for the legendary chance.

It's been 3 weeks since I got my my first legendary for my team. 2/5 of my toons have one. I'm disappointed that I have not received anymore since.

I did record most of these dungeons but didn't bother uploading them to YouTube. I can upload them if anyone requests them.

Xeneres, do you have a video of you Serpentrix kill? I don't see it listed.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    Xeneres, do you have a video of you Serpentrix kill? I don't see it listed.
    I didn't make a video of my Serpentrix kill on Mythic+4. It was basically my paladin soloing and kiting the boss mehcanics for 10ish minutes. I one shot the rest of the bosses as they were not too bad. There is simply too much damage on mythic+4 going out for my slaves to have a chance at surviving. I basically try not to die and get as much damage out as I can but eventually the DKs will die and ill have to solo it with my paladin from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    I didn't make a video of my Serpentrix kill on Mythic+4. It was basically my paladin soloing and kiting the boss mehcanics for 10ish minutes. I one shot the rest of the bosses as they were not too bad. There is simply too much damage on mythic+4 going out for my slaves to have a chance at surviving. I basically try not to die and get as much damage out as I can but eventually the DKs will die and ill have to solo it with my paladin from then on.
    When i finally killed the Serp, i stopped trying to do the most dps and just focused on the "running away little girl" part. I just kept my eye on the damage and trying to avoid it, while doing "drive by" damage as i ran around the boss and adds as fast as i could. In my head i think i was screaming like a little girl the whole time as well..but in the end it worked..only one paladin died! ( the toon lagging the furthest behind.)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Some updates from this weeks Mythic+'s

This weeks +3 Affix is Sanguine for the US and Volcanic for +6. This one is pretty bad but its far from the worst I've experienced so far.

I still may run a few tomorrow but with trick or treat tomorrow I wont have as much time because I'll be handing out candy to kids in my neighborhood.

Mythic+2 BRF 3 Chest:

gTfPR5E.jpg

I did this dungeon 2x and got 3 chests both times.

Mythic+5 Blackrook Hold Within Timer:

BOIOUSZ.jpg

I got a few minutes faster on this dungeon but not fast enough to get a 2nd chest. Im getting closer each week.

Here are 3 of my toons getting there legendary for the first time. In US we had 3 emmisary caches on our Tuesday and i opened all 3 at once and they all now at least have 1 legendary. One toon has 2 Legendary (Xenerus). Xenerus and Xeneris got the legendary about 4 weeks earlier so I'm hoping to see Xeneris's 2nd legendary in the next few days. I do about the same # of dungeons each week.

FlBZoKo.jpg

I tried to do Vault of the Wardens+6 with Volcanic and Sanguine. It was going pretty well until I got to the inquisitor boss... Volcanic happens because of the damn eyeballs he summons which you cannot do anything about. Worse yet he summons adds and you can get stunned if you don't face the eyeballs. Volanic was going out every 1-2 seconds. Each toon got their own placed under them. It does 1.5 million damage each time you get hit by it. It was too much to deal with and the more eyeballs that spawned the more volcanics. I was not able to beat this boss and got too frustrated and quit. The best I got him to was about 30%. Id wipe shortly after the 2nd set of adds spawned. The imp mother on +5 was interesting...

I think for future mythic+s I need to sit down and think how these affixes will work out.

I also did a Court of Stars+2 and got 2 chests from it. It was very close maybe 30 seconds off missing the 2nd chest. I forgot to take a screenshot of it.

My remaining keystones are Arcway+5, Halls of Valor+5 (not going to even bother with Sanguine) and Eye of Azshara+2 and Vault of the Wardens+2. I should be able to do Arcway+5 tomorrow but I may not be able to do any due to Halloween and trick or treat. I can basically 2+ chest any timer on any mythic+2 except maybe Eye of Azshara due to Serpentrix being well Serpentrix...

Next week my keystones will be +3 and will all have the first affix. Hopefully, I can get some good ones so I can keep securing that 865 ilevel piece out of the weekly chest. If I beat a +6 It turns the weekly cache into an 870 piece. I'm getting there but not quite strong enough to beat those +6 dungeons with difficult affix combos. I need to get to +7 to get that 860 baseline loot and need to go all the way to +8 bump the weekly chest up to 875.

For now I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and keep attempting +6 dungeons as I get them. At least Karazhan will allow us some more loot options but I think those bosses are quite a step up over even Mythic+7-8 in terms of damage and HP. At least there are no awful affixes!

Toon ilevel Update:

Xenerys - 867

Xeneres - 867

Xeneris - 864

Xeneros - 865

Xenerus (2 Legendary) - 869
    Last edited by Xeneres : 10-30-2016 at 10:47 PM

Nice going in BRH, some sweet timers. I have only barely managed a 2 chest timer on +1. Do you do any double pulls? Also you must be pulling some decent dps on the boss fights. Do you have any BRH 3 chest run recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Nice going in BRH, some sweet timers. I have only barely managed a 2 chest timer on +1. Do you do any double pulls? Also you must be pulling some decent dps on the boss fights. Do you have any BRH 3 chest run recorded?
    I don't think that I did record it. I do largely the same route as my +5 video but may do my trash pulls a bit safer in +5 vs a +2. I may double up on a few pulls in +2. You can see my boss timers for when I killed a boss in the screenshots.

Here is an overview of how I clear the dungeon:

Before the first boss I always go for Lady Velandras. She may hit hard but its much easier to deal with her than to deal with the Soul Echos from the other mini-boss. I pull these packs one at a time I do not double up or mess around with the multiple councilors except for that 3 pack after the first 4-5 pack.

On the first boss I do enough damage that the boss only casts soul echos once and I immunity it with AMS and magic bop so I do not have to move except for the 1 swirling scythe. I always drums the 1st boss and save the drums for the last boss. He may cast reap soul but my damage is so high it pushes him to the ghost phase and he cancels reap soul. Its not that deadly anyway on Mythic+2 even if it did go out. I then continue dpsing the boss and get him to around 15-20% then I grip at least 3 of the ghosts up and kill them when they get close then I use a minor CDs to survive the explosion and go back on the boss. He typically dies right after that and may cast 1 more swirling scythe.

For Illysanas trash - I always separate the room into 4 pulls on Mythic+5. One at the start with the 2 melee mobs pat + the first 5 packs. Then the 2nd 5 pack pat with the cat pat then the 3rd group and then finally the 4th group with the guys that jump down. On Mythic+2 I have pulled the first two pulls together maybe 10-15 mobs and AoEd them down which saves a lot of time but is risky if you get AoE stunned. I have lost 3 chest before doing when this pull went wrong. With icebound back on DKs now I can use that to not get stunned or to break stuns and focus on killing the arcane adds and arcanists first. Deathgrip can interrupt the AoE stuns for both these commander mobs and the lancers going towards the last boss which is nice.

For Illysanna I have enough dps to ignore the adds and burn her down on Mythic+2 without lust. I may repentance the melee add but if I don't then I taunt with the pally to keep the melee add facing the pally so I can dodge its stuns. Illysanna dies 10-15 seconds after the adds spawn. I think I killed her in like 50 seconds on Mythic+2 this week. On mythic+4 or higher I have to kill the adds because she has a lot more health and everything does a lot more damage.

I 100% never ever screw with that Scavenger, Trickster and Wrathguard room. I pull those individually or at least get rid of the patroling Felguard and Felhound. I may double up 2 demon packs as they are not very dangerous without the threat of the wrathguards assuming I do not have an awful affix.

Smashspite is very easy with 5 tanks so nothing to do here but burn him down.

After that event there is the felbat and felguard gauntlet. I always pull 3 felguards at a time so there are only 2 pulls to do the gauntlet. The felguards do laughable damage even with 3 stacks of their buff the main threat for your typical group are the bats killing a squishy which is not a problem with 5 tanks.

For the lancer pulls I pull the two swords men at the start with the lancer and swordsmen togeather. Then I handle once lancer pull at a time which I believe there are two more lancer+ swordsman pull before the final pull. On the last pull it is possible to get 2 mobs only but it doesnt happen very often. Sometimes I'll repentance the close lancer and kill the other one that comes down. If icebound is up ill pull both and use icebound as soon as the first stun goes out so i can continue to dps.

For the last boss I've found its best to use drums midway through Kur'talos him and then to use CDs and potions as soon as you get the buff for the demon. There is no point waiting until the demon is out to use drums because it will go to waste when the boss is unattackable for the laser circle.

Overall, I've gotten more gear and started to use potions so its allowed me to do much better on timers. I pull about 350-500k burst on bosses on all of my characters while my old war potion is running with drums. My DKs essentially do triple damage + the echo from old war with double dancing rune weapon. My paladin actually can put out respectable ST burst but it is ultimately slightly lower than my DKs. The DKs demolish my paladin in AoE, its not even fair.

I think it is better to just use potions for damage than it is to invis pot since it puts your potions on cd for 10 minutes unless the pack you are skipping will save you a lot of time.

This week I'll get Mythic+3 chests with an affix so depending on what I get I will probably only beat the timer but on some I may be able to get 2 chests.