Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 48

The only thing that puts me off DH is all those target aoe abilities...I heard they are quite squishy too?

I guess it working depends how far you are trying to go.. I have zero interest in Mythic+ (leaving that to the pros here!) could 5 dh tanks work with that in mind?

Edit: found the aoe thing has a talent - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=207666/concentrated-sigils
    Last edited by Andreauk : 10-10-2016 at 06:17 AM

I'm looking forward to trying it out.. but I'm in no hurry. I love the paladins a lot! If i used a druid healer, i would probably have to drive from the healer.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I'm looking forward to trying it out.. but I'm in no hurry. I love the paladins a lot! If i used a druid healer, i would probably have to drive from the healer.
    At least if you drove from a druid you could heal on the move since almost every ranged mechanic would target you. You would be moving a lot. That's one thing that turned me off of my holy paladin where I have to cast for most of my heals. It at least has bubbles and various blessings to ignore mechanics if you need a break to catch up.

Some Mythic+ Updates and old Mythic WoD bosses.

I was able to clear all Mythic+4 Eye of Azshara.

I used the same strategy as I have been using on regular Mythic Eye of Azshara of clearing Serpentrix first. On Mythic+4 Serpentrix has 85 million life(vs 63 million life on regular mythic) and each head has about 4.5 million life. The damage output is insane, the lowest I was able to get him to, by using a typical strategy, was 28% but by then all my toons were dead shortly after killing the 2nd set of heads or I would wipe trying to kill the first two heads.

I discovered during a "wipe" that if you do not stop moving during rampage it will never hit you so you can actually solo that boss as a tank, if you trigger rampage and never interrupt it. He will still apply the poison debuff with the trail effect but he will never melee you or apply the targeted AoE posion debuff while rampage is going off. If rampage is canceled just move away and he will start rampaging again. I decided it was best if I run the poison trail debuff away from the edge of the water pools so that I'm able to strafe around the pool and melee the boss while kiting the rampage debuff. It looks like rampage is just the targeted AoE debuff that the boss casts, that you can dodge, but it just happens a lot faster during rampage. Each targeted AoE debuff also deals more damage the more toons you have stacked up as it is applied at the location of every person in the party. This is not too big a deal on regular mythic but on mythic +4 I was getting hit for 1-1.5 million damage on my toons if they were all stacked. You will not be able to deal with rampage on your slaves if you follow your leader as your leaders rampage would kill your slaves. I also accidentally pulled a few crabs and had to deal with the final set of heads + 3-4 crabs + Serpentrix on my paladin.

I did end up killing him that attempt but the fight took 15 minutes (the crabs probably added 4-5 minutes onto it), which means I would never be able to beat the Mythic+ timer. I gave it maybe 10 attempts before I discovered this strategy on a wipe. I tried various methods of dealing with the poison both targeted AoE and trail effect debuff and I found I just couldn't handle the mechanics and damage going out especially during the transition to kill the heads as follow would make me group and stop for a few moments to kill the head. Once I stopped moving the rampage combined with the poison trail and the heads was too much to deal with. Since the boss has higher HP you have to deal with more poison debuffs before each submerge which wall off most of the safe area to melee around the boss. I did feel pretty dirty doing the fight using a kite strategy. I did do some searching the wow community sites and other people have suggested to let her rampage go off in higher levels of mythic+ so as to not have to deal with the stupid amount of melee damage and AoE that the boss throws out.

I one shot all of the other bosses without too much difficulty. King Deepbeard did kill a 2 of my toons at the end when he does the slight enrage below 20% but I was able to beat it. Deepbeard had the highest hp at 90+ million life. I was out of battle rezzes on Deepbeard as I had just used them on that really difficult pack of 2 giants. Those things do stupid damage.

I also had some time and went back to see how far I could get in Blackrock Foundary Mythic. I was also after some Transmog gear. I was able to clear every boss that I was able to kill 8/10. I was not able to kill the Blast Furnace encounter due to not having a priest for mind control. I also couldn't get to Blackhand since I didn't clear all of the other bosses. Most of the bosses were just as difficult if not more difficult than Mythic+ dungeon bosses due to needing to handle way more mechanics that rely on a 20 man group. Most of the bosses had 70-120 million life and were somewhat difficult for just 5 toons.

If you want a real challenge try to 5 man the Iron Maidens Mythic fight. That has to be the most difficult thing I have ever 5 man multiboxed. I spent like 2 hours in there and in the end had to use flasks and drums to beat it. The 3 bosses had 63 million life of non shared HP. There was a tornado that I forgotten about that spawns in melee and stuns you for a few seconds if you get hit by it. At 20% or 20 energy the bosses start going crazy with extra damage and fully activate their abilities. Its a mad rush to get them down before the shadows on the ground cover the entire deck of the ship. I took a screenshot when I killed the bosses but sadly did not record it.

I believe Mythic HFC has lower boss HP than Mythic Blackrock foundry because blizzard made targeted nerfs to it at the end of WoD, once the pre-patch hit. Some people were saying that BRF bosses became harder than Mythic HFC bosses after that nerf and I believe it having done both with my guild.

Time for some new videos:

Maw of Souls+2 (2 chests!)

Comments:

I multiboxed Maw of Souls+2 and got an extra bonus chest.

This is the first time I've had a Maw of Souls+2 keystone. I have gotten 3 chests when it was a +1 keystone.

I can't get +1 keystones anymore since I typically get at least +2 out of my weekly cache.

My gear is getting better allowing me to do higher difficulty mythic+ dungeons.

I could of maybe been a bit more aggressive with my trash pulling but I find its best to play it safe.

Blackrook Hold+4 (Completed within timer!) - First ever for mythic+4 - Raging Affix (I think this is one of the better affixes)

Comments:

This is the first +4 dungeon that I have completed within the timer.

I think the run went pretty good overall but that laser on the last boss is always a headache. Its easy to solo that boss once you have the buff as a Tank but it makes it take way longer since you are stunned a lot from the Stinging swarm. Running into a sleep cloud and having a toon still have the stinging swarm did not help.

My affix was raging. This was actually a pretty nice affix for a multiboxer. It did not involve any extra trash or annoying blood pools to keep moving mobs out of after every trash mob death. I hate moving as a multiboxer especially one playing 4 DKs. Blackrook hold with extra trash was a nightmare especially the first part and the demon part before the bat gauntlet.

Halls of Valor+2 (2 chests!)

Comments:

First time successfully completing halls of valor+2 and I got 2 chests!

Halls of Valor was one of the first mythic+2 dungeons that I tried to run after successfully beating my first mythic+ maw of souls. At the time, I was unable to beat Odyn I tried to beat him for over two hours. I wasn't sure if its the gear difference (+15-20 item levels) or just getting better at the fight. I have to eat the AoE because my dks simply do not have the ability to run out in time and to kill/interrupt the add at the same time.

The loot was poor. I ALWAYS get that damn trinket with the stun on use. Its not very useful.

I was very sloppy on Hyrja. I should have just stayed on the lightning side. I messed up the timing and she did not lose her lightning stacks and then I had to deal with the AoE debuff and her still having the full lightning damage...I was able to recover thanks to my battle rezes.

I have a halls of valor+5 keystone to do but I'm not sure if I really want to do that or will be able to. A few times I was close to dying on Odyn. I'm not able to brute force that fight with battle rezes or to save a toon that gets gibed, since the valkyr take you out of the fight if you die.

I think I would also lose my timer just trying to deal with that dragon pack and hymdall without CDs. I'm not sure I want to deal with that trash with raging.

I have a few other keystones left for this reset that I'm going to work on tonight first.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 10-17-2016 at 03:47 PM

More comments after most of this weeks Mythic+:

I think I'm going to start making use of Invis pots. If you use them in the correct locations you can shave 3-5+ minutes off of your dungeon.

My toons are getting stronger they now range from 857 to 862 item level. Most of them are 860 with the exception of one unlucky toon (or is lucky as its one of 2 with a legendary). I've gotten my 3rd golden trait unlocked on all toons now and am working towards unlocking the rest of the traits. My order hall is now fully upgraded so I can equip another legendary that I still don't have on the majority of my toons.

My toons are doing much more damage and are much more durable. I made a change on my DKs runeforging to use Stoneskin Gargoyle from Fallen Crusader and I believe it has helped my survival quite a bit. It also cuts down on an RNG aspect in favor of a static buff.

I'm also exalted with every legion faction as of this week. I also recently got the 5000 world quests achievement. Ugh 1000 per toon that's kind of a lot when you think about it, as this expac has only been out for 6 weeks. All those damn emissary caches and not a single legendary across 5 toons! Some napkin math 1000/45 days = ~22 world quests completed a day since expac launch. I also have 650% artifact knowledge, which I believe is AK 9?

I think I'm starting to slow down on gear acquisition as I approach the base ilevel of heroic raids. I guess you cannot ever be fully geared unless you are full 895 as there is always a chance anything you do will titanforge to some stupid level. I got 2 860 and 870 pieces out of my heroic daily this week. To quote Forrest Gump (who was quoting his Momma) "Life was like a box of chocolates" "You never know what you gonna get." I guess as long as I keep getting more gear I'll eventually be able to beat the timers of Mythic+5-6. That 2nd affix may be a curve ball but I guess I'll have to see how it is when i get there.

I was watching streamers with 870+ item level getting 2 chests at Mythic+6. So I think I'm doing very well for being a 5 tank multiboxer at 860 and getting +4 timers completed.

I still have a +4 Blackrook Hold, +4 Court of Stars, a +4 Eye of Azshara and a +5 Halls of Valor. I'm going to at least do the Blackrook and Court of Stars. I can probably beat the Blackrook timer again if I don't mess up on any of the bosses. I ran a +2 Blackrook after these other mythics+s and did horrible on the 1st boss and wiped. I'm getting very burnt out of Blackrook hold and Halls of Valor as I keep getting them with my keystones and upgraded keystones. They are some of the longer dungeons with more difficult trash. So after a few hours of that I start getting wore out and sloppy.

I also was able to run Timewalking and found them to be a gigantic joke. I plowed through all 5 in about an hour. I know people mentioned you can equip your order hall set and get the extra 500 stats as it doesn't scale down. This would of doubled my STR for timewalking. I think that's too much effort unless you are already using that set. Surprisingly, the loot cache on the quest were all 850+ items even through they stated they were of LFR quality. I actually got a few upgrades from it. They are also really good source of Ley shards. It seems like most bosses dropped 2 pieces of loot instead of 1 on heroic. They also gave you some Artifact Power. I wonder if it would be worth it to grind timewalking for AP, as I got around 1200-2000 per dungeon.

Do you have any videos of your setup? are you using ISboxer? You are amazing and I can appreciate all the hard work you do here! Inspiring! I have druids, DKs and now DHs at 110 and I want to try and gear a bit in instances but have no idea where to start. I died in a huge fire on my first normal runs after hitting 110.

Teach me Obi Wan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Do you have any videos of your setup? are you using ISboxer? You are amazing and I can appreciate all the hard work you do here! Inspiring! I have druids, DKs and now DHs at 110 and I want to try and gear a bit in instances but have no idea where to start. I died in a huge fire on my first normal runs after hitting 110.

Teach me Obi Wan!!
    I don't have any setup videos but I do have a guide over in the new boxers forum, (It's a work in progress)it tells you how I play my toons with some of their controls, GnomeSequencers and talent and artifact traits. I also include some comments about why I have chosen certain things or do things a certain way.

I do use ISboxer.

The best way to do dungeons is to just dive in and to optimize your toons to the strengths of your team/comp. What bosses and dungeons are giving you difficulty?

There are also some comps that will be more difficult than 5 tanks. I would make sure if you want to be serious about mythic+ dungeons to make sure your comp is solid. Some just do better than others.

There will be lots of wipes. Hell, some of the bosses took me 2-3 hours to beat the first time. When you do wipe don't give up and say its too hard. Instead, sit down and think about what you could have done differently. I'm always criticizing myself and thinking of new ways to tackle difficult bosses and trash packs.

I also have to change how I do things for certain bosses. It really just comes with practice. You can easily get 800+ item level without setting foot into normal dungeons after only a few days (or even a day) of being 110. Once you have 800+ item level you should be able to easily do normal's and at 810-815 heroics. You shouldn't have to overgear dungeons or be at an equal ilevel from what they drop baseline in order to complete them.

Start with some of the dungeons we have identified as having easy bosses like Darkheart Thicket and work your way up from there until you clear all of the dungeons. If you can do it on normal heroic is only a little bit harder and may add 1 mechanic. Then once you start to get through heroics mythic is only a little bit harder than heroic.

Eventually Mythic dungeons will feel like heroics the more gear and experience you obtain. At my ilevel most mythic and mythic+1 dungeons feel like heroics to me.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 10-17-2016 at 02:57 PM

Welp...I just one upped myself tonight. I multiboxed Court of Stars+4 within the timer and got a +5 Blackrook Hold and was able to beat that one within the timer!

Court of Stars+4 Within Timer:

D6edwuB.jpg

Comments:

This dungeon went fairly well. I had to make extensive use of battle rez from time to time on trash and a lot on the last boss. The trash would simply gib a toon especially when the 2nd bosses area was one staggered giant pull, surprise patrol trash and mini bosses one after the other.

I think raging is my favorite tier 1 affix so far as a multiboxer. This dungeon does not have that much trash but it has some nasty trash mobs with higher hp than most trash in other dungeons. With raging and the nature of all of the patrols in this dungeon it led to a lot of unexpected pulls and very damaging abilities at the end. The imps and arcane anything mobs were annoying. Thankfully, I play 5x master race for all of those AoE silences and interrupts.

I was very sloppy on the last boss and hit way more wind lines than I should of have. I was not able to spread out because its easier to dodge the wind lines if I'm clumped. Any fight with DoTs severely punishes my DK by removing bone shield stacks faster than I can apply them which lowers my damage and overall mitigation/healing. The last boss is one of the more difficult mythic bosses. (still no where near as awful as Serpentrix)

Blackrook Hold+5 Within Timer (Got Keystone from Court of Stars)

ko850PQ.jpg

Comments:

This dungeon went better than my +4 a day earlier. It was a lot cleaner, especially on the last boss. I didn't beat the timer within as high of a margin but 11% more damage and health will do that.

I am sick of Blackrook hold I ran it 5x this week on Mythic+2 or higher. I also got it at least 4x this week as my heroic daily.

I had to use a brez from time to time as the trash did a lot of damage especially on special attacks at low hp with raging. +5 was 47% more hp and damage which is basically the same as the difference between Normal to Mythic, not even factoring in the affix.

I hate those damn Felguards with the Scavangers and Trickster demons. If I got 2 scavengers that enrage they would almost insta gib a toon with raging and their damage buff they get. The felguards and their brutal assault even with 5x stuns I could not keep them both locked down.

I largely laugh at the bat gauntlet with 5x tanks as It is super easy and those felguards do like 0 damage even with 2-3 stacks of their empowerment buff.

It was a fairly close timer. I didn't expect to beat the timer and was more interested in the next step up 855 loot. I also ran a +4 a bit before this and it went horribly wrong on the first boss and demon trash. I don't think I was very focused.

In the coming weeks I'm going to start using combat potions and invis pots. I believe I will need these to beat any higher timers than +5 with my 5x tank damage. Hopefully I'll get some good loot this week. I gained about 5 item levels across the board and my 3rd golden relic slot on all of my toons this past week which helped tremendously.

Darkheart Thicket+6 Raging and Necrotic Comments:

I got a +6 Darkheart Thicket with Necrotic and Raging from the Blackrook Hold+5. I decided to opt out of that, I've heard horror stories from darkheart with necrotic and raging and its getting close to my bedtime. I'm a bit scared of necrotic. I'll give +7 another go this week and hopefully I'll have more time and better affixes.

Necrotic is a particularly unfair affix for Death Knights as it combines a double whammy in awful for them. Sure, it sucks for other tanks too but sucks a lot more for deathknights. 1st, it lowers healing and absorbs they receive. So it affects their ability to self heal which in turn affects their mitigation and ability to not just be a meatshield. 2nd, its also a damage dot that causes them to lose bone shield stacks faster than they can gain them. Boneshield functions as an absorb for 16% or 24%, with a critical bone shield absorb, so it will also be lessened by anything that lowers our healing % absorbs as well it also gives us cheaper deathstrike and more haste so that also affects our damage and mitigation. Its amusing to watch other tanks try to tell DKs to suck it up on the forums when they have % damage reduction CDs and other forms of mitigation. A popular method of dealing with this affix is to kite, which is not a multiboxer strong suit. DnD has a nice 70% snare with a de facto talent "choice" but DKs themselves are very slow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Xeneres : 10-18-2016 at 12:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    Welp...I just one upped myself tonight. I multiboxed Court of Stars+4 within the timer and got a +5 Blackrook Hold and was able to beat that one within the timer!

I'll render some videos and post them to YouTube Tomorrow.

Here are some screenshots in the meantime:

Court of Stars+4 Within Timer:

D6edwuB.jpg

Blackrook Hold+5 Within Timer (Got Keystone from Court of Stars)

ko850PQ.jpg

I then got a +7 Darkheart Thicket with Necrotic and Raging from this blackrook hold. I decided to opt out of that, I've heard horror stories from darkheart with necrotic and raging and its getting close to my bedtime. I'm a bit scared of necrotic. I'll give +7 another go this week and hopefully I'll have more time.
    Very nice!
    To beat these timers, you have to be putting out some fair dps. Are the paladin doing as much as the dks? And how do the paladin compare in single target vs AoE?
    My team can't be very far behind gear wise - the limited gaming time I have I spend on doing what quick things I can to get gear and AP I need with nice world quests etc (also trying to advance on my hunters).
    So it was a while ago I had time to work on learning/beating new things, last time was when I was home from work sick a whole week. I'm at 850 ILvl and I'm about 6-7 traits away from my third golden trait. What's your team at? Also do you use flasks or potions regularly? I guess the expensive potions can help a lot for a more difficult boss fight.