Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 48

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    I've seen his vid of Serpentrix (kill + tries). So many CRs
    Can't do that with a pala team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Did I miss it or do you have a vid of Serpentrix in there?
    Nah,

I haven't done Serpentrix on Mythic+ yet.

I will be trying it out on Mythic+4 this week.

Paladin teams can do Mythic Serpentrix too because they have more mobility to kill the heads and have two immunities and can heal without needing to melee something like the DKs. I bet its actually even easier as a paladin team.

That fight like Cordana can vary attempt to attempt depending on good or bad rng. I believe I can make it much easier if I kill Serpentrix 2nd so that I do not get the winds debuff and lightning from killing the other bosses 1st.

You know people say that but when I kill Serp 2nd in just heroic pugs I still get wind/lightning. No idea. That said I caught you streaming one time and enjoyed watching, basically satisfies any desire I have to box dungeons.

I finished up my regular mythic dungeons today.

I also for the first time was able to one shot Serpentrix on Mythic difficulty and I had no toon deaths. I killed Serpentrix first in that dungeon and did not have to deal with either winds or lightning which made the fight way easier. As I killed the other bosses it activated the seagulls, winds and finally lightning. I also changed my tier 1 talents up on my DK so that I can get some damage at range by using Bloodrinker instead of heartbreaker.

I did not use heart strike very often on bosses and I don't really need help clearing trash but I can definitely feel the loss of 15 runic power each heart strike when I'm cleaving 5 targets down. It takes me slightly longer to fill up my runic power for bonestorm on trash but its managable. Blooddrinker made killing Serpentrix heads quite easy as I was able to start doing damage at 30 yards away. It does about 2 million damage and healing (about 500k per dk) with all 4 dks while giving me some healing on the move. If I'm far enough away I can get nearly all of the 3 second channel off before I get into melee range to resume my normal attacks. There are several bosses where it really helps me out and helps fill in the gaps when im running to a target or running around doing mechanics or dodging cleave or trail effect debuffs.

I also got to run most of my Mythic+ dungeons today. My affixes were teaming. Which makes more trash mobs throughout the dungeons. Some dungeons were better without sanguine some were worse. I was very close on the timers on these within 0.5-3 minutes on the ones I beat. Teaming gives you a few extra minutes on the timer due to all the increased trash.

I was able to beat timer on 3 of the +3 dungeons but was not able to get any extra chests.

Mythic+3 Darkheart Thicket - Bosses were easy as always but that place has some rough trash made worse by teaming and it already has a lot of trash in general.

Mythic+3 Maw of Souls - It was actually quite close on the timer. I only had 2-3 minutes left, usually I can get 2-3 chests on +1.

Mythic+3 Vault of the Wardens - After a few bad trash pulls and wipes was sure I would fail the timer. I did very well on the bosses and actually one shot Cordana with around 30 seconds to spare on the timer. It was pretty intense.

I was somewhat close (within 10-15 minutes) on The Arcway +3. I had a few wipes on the spider boss. You have to run all the way through that dungeon if you wipe. So wiping in the arcway is almost a guarantee that you will fail the timer if you at at least a few bosses in. That dungeon has the most trash and most annoying trash of any dungeon, so it did make it take a lot longer and was more difficult. I had been able to beat the timer last week on Arcway+2 and even got 2 chests but it didn't work very well on +3 with the Affix. The first pack had 3 purple oozes that separate and leave shadow shit on the ground and keep seperating along with a green add.

The other dungeons I ran teaming actually made them way worse than I would imagine. On some pakcs it adds 2-3 extra mobs in a pack which becomes very difficult to deal with.

The most brutal dungeon with teaming was Blackrook Hold+4 with teaming. It was awful with Sanguine too. There was a patrol mob that had 5 mobs in it... There were also extra councilor adds and extra demons to deal with. I don't think I'll ever be able to beat a blackrook timer with those two affixes on anything higher than mythic+1 for now. The bosses were still as easy as they always are. I don't think I wiped on any of the bosses.

I have 3 keystones left Eye of Azshara+3 and +4 and a Halls of Valor +4.

I'm not going to be running the halls of valor+4. I wanted to get a +2 or +3 in halls of valor before I try it again. That first pack of trash in there with the dragon teaming will be very frustrating so I'm just gonna not do that dungeon. My very first Mythic+2 was halls of valor and I was not able to beat Odyn. I gave it over 2 hours of attempts. Odyn, his add, the stunning spears and the AoE was simply too much damage to deal with. I have gotten 10-15 more item levels since the I ran it so It may be easier now. I just don't wanna spend 1-2 hours in there only to find out I cannot beat Odyn.

I'm going to try Eye on the +4 difficulty first and see how it goes. I'm probably not going to be able to beat the timer on any difficulty because I need to kill Serpentrix first to make that fight easier. Serpentrix is still the hardest regular Mythic dungeon boss for me so it will will be rough.

I streamed all of the Mythic+ dungeon. The entire video is 6 hours long. I don't think I'm going to export it to YouTube but it will be on my stream past broadcasts if anyone wants to watch. I have a holiday on Monday so I may have time to create a few videos for each of the +3 dungeons I beat the timer on.

Let me know if anyone wants me to make the +3 videos or simply export the stream to YouTube. They will probably just be me taking my raw stream and re-rendering it or adding new audio. Maybe Monday will be a good day to setup an intro video and a system to make videos.

Holy poop Xene! Are you an author? You write some long ass posts! BUT they are well written and great to read! Started my DKs last night, inspired by you of course!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Holy poop Xene! Are you an author? You write some long ass posts! BUT they are well written and great to read! Started my DKs last night, inspired by you of course!
    Are you you going all dk's or 4 with a healer?

If dual boxing had a rep system I believe him and davidmage would be getting massive rep for their posts over the last few months.

Lol.

Part of my Job is to write tutorials and guides for people where I work. I'm an IT Analyst/Sys Admin and wear many hats so I do a bit of everything. I also do like to write long winded stuff!

Here is a Mythic+3 Vault of the Wardens Video with Teaming I ran last night.

Its just a raw export of my stream that I cut out from my stream recordings then I cut out the dungeon and rendered using Sony Vegas. I also made a crappy 5 second intro with After Effects using a template.

Now that I have a system hopefully I can use it to make videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Are you you going all dk's or 4 with a healer?
    Im going to level 5 Dks and then add a paly when they all hit 110.

I really want to try Vengeance DHs as well.. i have soloed one to 110 and i feel he self heals better/more reliably then my DKs. I was taking on groups of 10 mobs ( and more with glyph of misery ).. And he tanks like a champ in dungons. And fun to play solo as well. I'm betting with a prot paly for back up heals they will do good..dps is insane as well. I know people have said it wont work..but has anyone tried it?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Im going to level 5 Dks and then add a paly when they all hit 110.

I really want to try Vengeance DHs as well.. i have soloed one to 110 and i feel he self heals better/more reliably then my DKs. I was taking on groups of 10 mobs ( and more with glyph of misery ).. And he tanks like a champ in dungons. And fun to play solo as well. I'm betting with a prot paly for back up heals they will do good..dps is insane as well. I know people have said it wont work..but has anyone tried it?
    I think DHs could work just as well as DKs. They are similar tanks in that they both have a lot of self heals. I think DK will still be stronger because of the higher self heals, grips and battle rez. Still DHs have actual % damage reduction CDs and more mobility.

I love being 5x plate I trade loot almost every boss I kill and its fun knowing that every boss you kill has a potential upgrade. Its invaluable for keeping your toons geared you always have those ones who have bad luck and need a bit of help. I heard on the Exorsus stream with fatboss today that druids were the best 5 man healers. It would give you an all leather team so you could trade loot and give you a battle rez.