Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default The Inuzuka Squad (5 hunters) are back!

Here is my first Legion video with The Inuzuka squad!

During the Legion Beta I concluded that a 5dps setup would not have the same success in Legion as in WoD. I based that by the pet tank-nerf and looking at the DPS of my beta hunter, comparing it to the health of Normal 110 bosses. (Sadly the burst dps was even lower than what I did during Maalus burst in WoD).
    Even if we excluded the tank problem, we were looking at much longer fights. And without a healer, that doesn't work.

However, since that some things seems to have improved. My hunters are now about equally geared as my beta hunter. They do at least 33% more dps.
    Also, the tanking pet is not quite as worthless as the severely nerfed pet in the Beta. The turtle shell shield is back! (50% reduced dmg 12 sec). And it feels a bit sturdier in general.
    And even if it dies, the BM hunter team could anticipate that, and spread some of the MD threat to a second pet. (I just dumped all on Terror in the video). Hunters can also battleress their tanks indefinitely.

So in general, hunters ended up much better in Legion than I dared to imagine! I'm not saying it's going to work even close as good as 5 prot palas. But apparently they can at least do the easiest heroic in scrub gear

I needed this dungeon for the hunter campaign. So I entered it in normal, didn't get my hopes up. It just crumbled at the sight of The Inuzuka Squad (and the addition of their white wolves, which they missed in WoD and should have, if anyone knows the name reference).
    Surprised by the potency of this team, I did it in heroic right after. In the video, all the boss kills are first attempt kills. The only things I cut was some of the more boring trash and some disastrous triple pull wipe.

At first, I never intended to run any dungeons with this team. Focus would be on world quests and supporting my main team with some gathering and other professions. And maybe use some of the hunters as dps for a mixed team. But after this, I will definitely push this team to see how far they can go in dungeons!

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Here is my first Legion video with The Inuzuka squad!

During the Legion Beta I concluded that a 5dps setup would not have the same success in Legion as in WoD. I based that by the pet tank-nerf and looking at the DPS of my beta hunter, comparing it to the health of Normal 110 bosses. (Sadly the burst dps was even lower than what I did during Maalus burst in WoD).
    Even if we excluded the tank problem, we were looking at much longer fights. And without a healer, that doesn't work.

However, since that some things seems to have improved. My hunters are now about equally geared as my beta hunter. They do at least 33% more dps.
    Also, the tanking pet is not quite as worthless as the severely nerfed pet in the Beta. The turtle shell shield is back! (50% reduced dmg 12 sec). And it feels a bit sturdier in general.
    And even if it dies, the BM hunter team could anticipate that, and spread some of the MD threat to a second pet. (I just dumped all on Terror in the video). Hunters can also battleress their tanks indefinitely.

So in general, hunters ended up much better in Legion than I dared to imagine! I'm not saying it's going to work even close as good as 5 prot palas. But apparently they can at least do the easiest heroic in scrub gear

I needed this dungeon for the hunter campaign. So I entered it in normal, didn't get my hopes up. It just crumbled at the sight of The Inuzuka Squad (and the addition of their white wolves, which they missed in WoD and should have, if anyone knows the name reference).
    Surprised by the potency of this team, I did it in heroic right after. In the video, all the boss kills are first attempt kills. The only things I cut was some of the more boring trash and some disastrous triple pull wipe.

At first, I never intended to run any dungeons with this team. Focus would be on world quests and supporting my main team with some gathering and other professions. And maybe use some of the hunters as dps for a mixed team. But after this, I will definitely push this team to see how far they can go in dungeons!
    Im looking forward to it.. i just got my Gnome 5 BMs artifact quests done. I need to level my shaman team next because they have all the trades represented. But i cant wait to level the hunters!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

What ilvl are you at approximately? I leveled my hunters as MM, so I don't have my BM artifact yet and I'm running 8.

i got really board of my hunters, and did not really have the push to get them though much end game stuff so /

Looking at your health bars makes me glad to have a healer with my Hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran View Post
    What ilvl are you at approximately? I leveled my hunters as MM, so I don't have my BM artifact yet and I'm running 8.
    They are at 820ish with no third relic, enchants or gems. Artifact weapon is poorly developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Looking at your health bars makes me glad to have a healer with my Hunts.
    Yes now we are forced to have some longer fights, and deal with encounter mechanics regardless of a x5 dps burst. If I added a healer to this team it would only become stronger. I don't have my priest now, but I'll grab one of the paladins
    With a healer the tanking pet will survive, and as BM I do not think maintaining aggro on the pet will be a problem.

I like my holy Priest as she has at least a couple of heals on the move, plus the staff ability is passive that heals.

I also use this macro on my hunts.. works to the pet if no tank, and to the tank if it's on focus:

Code:
    /cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection
    /cast mend pet

Now that mend goes to Revive if your pet is dead does anyone have trouble with it working right? I have a macro that summons my pet, heals and res's as needed, but if they get interrupted on the first cast of res the icon goes back to mend pet.

edit: Are you using a priority system for their dps? I have a step for just cobra shot (so it doesn't go off too often and delay Kill Command) and it doesn't seem to work right.
    Last edited by Multibocks : 10-03-2016 at 01:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Now that mend goes to Revive if your pet is dead does anyone have trouble with it working right? I have a macro that summons my pet, heals and res's as needed, but if they get interrupted on the first cast of res the icon goes back to mend pet.

edit: Are you using a priority system for their dps? I have a step for just cobra shot (so it doesn't go off too often and delay Kill Command) and it doesn't seem to work right.
    I have mend pet on it's own button, but only use it for rez when needed.

My Bm 1 button macros seem to work ok for me:

single

Code:
    /castsequence !Bestial Wrath
    /castsequence reset=7 Dire Beast,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Cobra Shot
    /cast [combat] A Murder of Crows
    /castsequence reset=120/combat Aspect of the Wild
    aoe

Code:
    /castsequence !Bestial Wrath
    /castsequence reset=7 Dire Beast,multi-Shot,Kill Command,multi-Shot
    /cast [combat] A Murder of Crows

I use these because I lead from a Priest healer using the Healium addon.