Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Nameplates Show/Hide on Character Switch (JambaMaster)

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post this macro for you all.
    I used to used a different version a long time ago, but after some trial and error was able to get a version working again.

If your like myself you want to squeeze every extra bit of FPS out of your setup as you can. You may also do a lot of switching who the current JambaMaster is, and only want nameplates to show on the character your currently driving with.

The Solution:
    In your IsBoxer setup -> Always On -> JambaMaster

Add a wow macro for self (guy your driving with)
    /run local a = GetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies"); SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies",1+a);

Add another wow macro for all others
    /run local a = GetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies"); SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies");

This works fine with Tidy Plates, so I'm going to assume it works with other nameplate addons.

Do nameplates incur a notable performance penalty? Honest question.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Hey Ugh,

On my system I notice a pretty large increase in FPS when I have only nameplates showing on the character I'm driving with instead of all five characters.
    I run the driving character at 120 FPS and all others at 30 FPS in the background.

My system is not the best, only 64bit, I7-4790k @ 4GHZ. 16GB high performance ram, a 4GB GTX 970 as the main graphics card, with just a GTX 750TI dedicated to PhysX.

Obv. the more mobs that are on screen the bigger the performance draw from having nameplates showing on each character as well.