Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Characters spinning when broadcast right click

This is starting to piss me off. I have lost easily over hundreds of flowers this way.

I go up to the herb on all chars, position the camera for all. And then I enable broadcast and steer the pointer to the flower, and right click.
    Everything works fine almost always, but sometimes one or more character just starts spinning as I right click.
    Furthermore, if one character picks it (often my main who doesnt spin) it despawns for the rest before I have time to get it.

What's with this? Anyone else have this problem?

The only time I have seen this myself is when I have click to move on and didnt realize that I wasn't close enough to the flower. So performing the click actually caused my toons to move to the location and spin around like they used to with click to move. Now I always have to look at the color of the icon to make sure that it is lit up which unfortunately slows things down quite a bit.
    Twin Druids at 110
    Twin everything else at 100

Only time I ever see that behavior is when using some other software that mucks with the mouse positioning, like remote desktop apps (TeamViewer, InputDirector, etc.). I've been grabbing the Ancient Mana nodes and haven't run into this at all.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I wouldn't use broadcasting and instead I would make a key similar to the targeted AoE keybind template in isboxer along with with that sync camera positioning macro as the first action(make the keybind something very easy to press). This key doesn't fire anything in wow but gives you a mouse cursor until next click.

I forget the macro off the top of my head but its something like /script SetView(4);SetView(4)

I use ctrl + F as my key to toggle this keybind in isboxer. Its easy to hit but not easy to accidentally hit. Its also good for fixing slave interaction as a result of target AoE that didnt fire all the way. Such as when I try to death and decay but instead of getting the ground it targets something else like my toon or an NPC instead or I can't drop it due to some weird terrain angle.

Maybe get fancy with it and have it disable and enable CTM in actions or steps.

What works best and prevents the bug is instead to use an Interact with Mouseover keybind. Enable broadcasting as you do then press that keybind.

Don't use right-click.

Here is the bug in action.

Thanks for all the detailed answers! Ill look into the above suggestions and see if I can set up another method for handling the picking of herbs.

I have never noticed this happen with my paladins and mining. So it might be related to that I actually miss the flower (however I'm unable to recreate it with only a few simulated misses), or some other technical difference between the 2 teams/professions.
    EDIT: Also this never happens when I click any quests items that needs interaction. (or ancient manas)

Also I do get a feeling that these incidents happens closer together, and then I can go a long time without any of them. That could point to some other program or anything that is doing something to my input. Can't really think of what that would be.

I will continue and test to see if I can find out why this is happening, and if it's actually only happening for my hunters.
    Last edited by davidmage : 10-01-2016 at 09:00 AM

Out of curiosity, do you have Click-To-Move enabled 24/7 on your slaves? As an example, in my setup the only time click-to-move gets enabled is when I press W to interact with my leader's targeted NPC/corpse/mob (in the on-keydown action). It gets unset in the on-keyreleased action and every time I swap characters just to make sure it's off.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)