Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Focus target approach

Hi all.
    Been rebuilding my ui using elvui.

and setup the party up so i see their targets..

Now the next thing thats ive seen could be handy running dungeons is to have the team nuke a focus target.

for example tanking one and let the rest nuke another mob.

so how would be the best approach to this.. im using isboxer..

For starters, and if you aren't already, I would suggest using a manual assist rather than having it tied directly to your Mapped Keys. Other than that, I'm not really sure.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I have this macro in IsBoxer that I use for my dungeon team. It is run in step 1 of my dps key and sent to all others.

/stopmacro [@target, nodead, exists, harm]
    /assist {SLOT1}
    SLOT1 being my tank. This lets my tank switch targets rounding mobs up while my DPS just stays on one until its dead. I have a separate assist key on my mouse to have them switch targets if needed.

For a full DPS team you could use {FTL} instead of {SLOT1}

I have my assist being sent with my DPS rotation keys as Step 1. For fights where I need/want to be on 2 targets simultaneously I made a mapped key that toggles that step off using a Mapped Key Step State Action so I can switch auto-assisting off on the fly.

I don't see why you'd need to dedicate your focus frame for this purpose, since you'll most likely still be stuck acquiring the target through assisting your lead and then focusing it. Suppose to each his own though.

thnx for inputs.
    gonna go try out the stuff u added
    assist is set to mousewheel so thats no issues and iwt target in steps.
    the thing i wanted to do was to be able to do 2 targets at same time. but with your suggestions i guess that will work just fine

Blog Entries

As far as the focus goes, it used to be some form of assist.
    If you're using IS Boxer, you should have FTL assist built in.

MiRai's suggestion of having an assist mapped key, that does not initiate anything beyond the assist itself, is excellent.

If your UI allows you to see the target of your party members, then once they're on the correct target you need a key for focus.
    I used to have one mapped key for each individual party member, and another mapped key for everyone at once, for the setting of focus.
    The individual mapped keys also placed a mark (moon, star, diamond, cross, etc) upon that character's focus target.
    That way I could put a Moon on the Warlock's focus, which was a target which could be banished.
    And I could put a Cross on the Wizard/Mage's focus, which was a target that could have sheep/sleep applied to it.
    Then, if sheep broke, I would know to hit the respective Crowd Control, for that target.

A CC mapped key would be along the lines of: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead] Crowd Control Spell Goes Here.

A burn mapped key, quite useful for PvP would have them all cast at their focus target...
    You would cycle through several opponents, and focus one of them...
    And then target a different one to initially attack.
    But launch your kill macro... with a lot of quick burst, at the focus target.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa