Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Defensives / Long Cooldowns

Good morning,

I just finished setting up various click regions on my unit frames per the instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mizu6e6BEno

All is working as expected, thanks to Mirai for a great video.

That said, as I stare at the abilities of my all paladin team.... Especially as I am planning on going as far as I can all prot. I am trying to figure out the best way to approach things that dont conform as well to the click bars I have setup.

So I essentially have 4 regions per frame, which will direct the click to the appropriate ATGs:
    Tank, Off Healers, Main Healer, All Healers

So consider a spell like Flash of light. This is perfect for this setup. I can have off healers help with it. I can have everyone spam it on a target if need be, etc. Great.

This setup doesn't work as well for something like lay on hands. I have 5 of these, and ignoring forbearance for a moment, a spell like this is less suited for the setup above. The tank and main healer clicks would be fine, but clicking it in my off healer region would be wasteful. Again, forbearance might protect me from waste here, but insert another comparable big spell without forbearance and thats the situation I am trying to get around.

So I think, instead of 4 regions, I could make 6, essentially 1 for each char and 1 for All, but real estate is getting slim and I lose out on some of the automatic mapping and role based ATG stuff here.

Anyways, rambling done... what do you guys do to handle all of these big cooldowns / spells to be cast on party members, especially if you're running 5 prot?

Thanks.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

I only make my own macros in game and use stuff like:

/assist main
    /cast flash of light

Gets a nice big heal on the one taking a beating... they also have it on it's own for individual use.

Big stuff on it's own spot on the action bar, same with avenger's shield and consecration.

I like to keep stuff simple.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-29-2016 at 11:36 AM

I'm the world's worst ISboxer user, but I would have Tony setup something for me that round-robins the big cooldown / heal / whatever and use clique to cast it on the party member who needed it. That was you can click on it a few times, and be sure that only one party member is going to use it. (with a good delay on the next round-robin target that is)