Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Can anyone help me write priority macros for Blood DK?

I'm leveling a team of healer/4 BloodDK and wonder if anyone would share their priority macros. I am using the ones John Gabriel posted and they work really nicely for my other chars, but he didn't include a set for blood dk.

I don't have macros at all right now, just 6 skills in priority order:
    Death Strike
    Dancing Rune Weapon
    Blood Boil
    Marrowrend
    Heart Strike
    Vampiric Blood

Now that I'm looking at that again, I think Vampiric Blood should be higher, so it fires every time it's off cooldown.

My talents are from Icy Veins page, 211213(3) (my guys are not 100 yet). Is there a better build for the 4 DK team?

Quote Originally Posted by wyofiddler View Post
    I'm leveling a team of healer/4 BloodDK and wonder if anyone would share their priority macros. I am using the ones John Gabriel posted and they work really nicely for my other chars, but he didn't include a set for blood dk.

I don't have macros at all right now, just 6 skills in priority order:
    Death Strike
    Dancing Rune Weapon
    Blood Boil
    Marrowrend
    Heart Strike
    Vampiric Blood

Now that I'm looking at that again, I think Vampiric Blood should be higher, so it fires every time it's off cooldown.

My talents are from Icy Veins page, 211213(3) (my guys are not 100 yet). Is there a better build for the 4 DK team?
    I play 4x blood and 1x Prot.

My suggestion is to try out GnomeSequencer and to check out the default macros and then when you are comfortable with the addon to make your own macros depending on what you want to accomplish. I would not tie in CDs into your macro and instead only have it spend runes and runic power on your core abilities.

Your cooldowns are so much more powerful and effective when you don't have them fire automatically.

GnomeSequencer has templates built into the addon for every class and spec and the author has YouTube videos how to set it up and edit the macros so that your changes don't get overwritten whenever the addon updates. I took these templates and edited them to suit my needs and created a few variations.

I posted a bit more about my setup and GnomeSequencer in a guide I'm sort of working on:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...l=1#post406942

As for the build I think its looks good and is what I use.

Since you aren't 100 yet I'd use Bonestorm. Purgatory is good but if you don't die very often then you dont get any use out of it. With my comp if purgatory proced I've typically messed up and it will be difficult to do enough healing to recover and stay alive.

Bonestorm is amazing to use at the start of almost every trash pull as it only has a 1 minute CD. My typical setup is to pull lots of mobs > Drop DnD > Use Gorefiends to cluster the mobs> use Consumption to heal up > use Blood Boil x2 > use heart strike a few times (it will give you a lot of runic power with multiple mobs and DND) and then at ~80-110 runic power use bonestorm. If you have enough mobs you will do a tremendous amount of damage and healing. (10-20% health a second!) It is very poor to use during most boss fights unless the boss has adds as deathstrike heals for at least 10% of your for HP for 40 runic power (assuming you have 5 stacks of boneshield). I find its still worth using bone storm even at only 20-30 runic power whenever a boss summons adds that die really fast.

A fun fact is if you do this with the dancing rune weapon artifact traits and use DRW right after you use gorefiends grasp you can easily do 800k - 1 million DPS on a large enough trash pack per deathknight.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 09-30-2016 at 05:07 PM

Thanks for the work you put into that guide, tons of info there that is really helpful and informative. I have been focusing on paring down my rotations into as few separate pieces/buttons as possible to have fewer decisions to make mid-fight, but you make a strong case for having CDs separately triggered and available to use when best suited to the situation. I'm sure I'll get a much better feel for what's needed once I get my group fully leveled and start running Legion dungeons. They are already rolling through at-level dungeons as I level, pretty cool.