Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default ISBoxer - Possible to Save Updated Virtual Mapped Keys?

Howdy,

So I just copied Mirai's spec changing menu and its pretty nifty. I coupled it with a macro to change spec in game and change to a different equipment set.

All good, working.

Only problem is I don't think I can save the ISboxer virtual mapped key setting, so I will end up with a desynced character / ISBoxer config next time I launch unless I manually update in ISBoxer after toggling in WoW. I imagine it will also be reset if i for some reason push new settings from isboxer for some reason, etc.

I assume the answer is no, but is there any way for me to save the updated remap rather than have it be temporary?

Thanks for your help.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

Follow up question: After calling the Mapped Key Virtualization Action for the specified character, do I need to do a console reloadui on all chars or just the changed char?

Thanks.

That depends on how you did the remap. If it is the result of an action hanging off a mapped key, then no, the running configuration is not saved back to your profile for loading up next time where you left off. If it loaded up where we left off, you'd end up with the opposite problem that mapped keys with multiple steps would be mid cycle when you next loaded, and then everyone would want a way to set them back to the initial state.

Your profile holds the initial startup state, which you can manipulate during run time to have a different state. If you want your guys to keep a specific remap, then set it as the initial state. Virtual Mapped Keys/Key Maps initial state can be set on the Character, on the Character Set, and via mapped keys that get run on Character Set Load, and on Slot Activate, and depending on how funky you get can potentially even make funky "choices" along the way based on membership of ATG's/slot position/character set.

In some ways it might be nice to be able to save specific state settings (the most obvious would be membership of selected ATGs), and then you could end up having a startup sequence apply specific settings based on that, but it is not an existing capability.

/e
    /console reloadui is only for changes made to the ISBoxer Addon (basically anything under the Game Helpers section).

Thanks Bob, will chew on that for a while.

About the reload, I think Mirai called out that a reload was required after changing your virtual key map settings in order to regenerate macros etc. I will go watch the video again to make sure I am not crazy.

If the spec changing menu means that that given character will try and run macros defined in the Game helper Macro Sets that were not previously assigned, or it means that that character should not be defined in macros that have been exported to the ISBoxer Addon, that they previously were, then yes, you will need a /console reloadui, but for those macros to be in the ISBoxer Addon, or removed even, then you would need an Export from ISBoxer, which would set back to the initial state, which means you'd lose the run time remap you just made. So, basically, the ISboxer Addon needs to contain everything that the toon might use up front, and the virtualisation or use of ATG membership needs to define what will and wont run. End result is no, virtualization remaps during runtime change should not require you to do a /console reloadui.

But I don't know what video you are watching, so can't be 100% on what you are doing.
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 09-28-2016 at 05:21 AM Reason: realised i stuff that one up, so I fixed it.

Blog Entries

If you use like a pro (just one giant macro set for all the specs) you do not need to /reload after a hot spec swap.