Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default RAF & Account / Character Transfer Question

Currently I am on a low pop server (Magtheridon-Horde)

I amlooking at joining a high pop server, such as Sargeras or Illidan.
    Since transferring a team or two is expensive, I am considering RAFing 5x new accounts.

I don't want to start over with nothing, so I have a few questions.

1. My current account has 8 wow licenses, can I move 5 of them to a second battle net so I could then add 5x New Licenses and RAF them?

2. If you transfer a toon/account to a new battle net account, does it get all the mount/achievements/pets/heirlooms? I remember when battle net account bound items first came onto the scene, this was the case, but people abused it and they nerfed it?

3. Anyone have experience with a High pop server? I've always been on a low or medium server. I am mainly looking for a healthy auction house and world PvP scene. Is a high pop server worth it?

4. Any active multi-boxing guilds still around?

I can't answer your questions, but Legion comes with a level 100 boost so you probably don't need RaF unless you planned on leveling several teams.

For 1, I have in the past but I believe it depends on the customer rep you end up with, may have to just keep calling until you find one that will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    1. My current account has 8 wow licenses, can I move 5 of them to a second battle net so I could then add 5x New Licenses and RAF them?
    It's been done in the past by several people, myself included, but it seems to be a request that is more likely to be denied by customer support these days. However, I'd do my best to explain your full intent on what you're looking to achieve (e.g. breaking accounts off of your main so that you can re-RaF a new set for the purpose of multiboxing) and they might be a bit more lenient. You will need another BNet account, even a throwaway, so that Blizzard can actually move them if they are nice enough to do so.

2. If you transfer a toon/account to a new battle net account, does it get all the mount/achievements/pets/heirlooms? I remember when battle net account bound items first came onto the scene, this was the case, but people abused it and they nerfed it?
    Again, mixed results. The actual answer is "no," but people, again, myself included, have had achievements and mounts slip through the cracks while moving things between BNet accounts.

3. Anyone have experience with a High pop server? I've always been on a low or medium server. I am mainly looking for a healthy auction house and world PvP scene. Is a high pop server worth it?
    I'm currently on Sargeras (Alliance) with a few others from this forum, and, personally, I'd never want to play on a low-pop server again. Medium? Maybe, but it'd have to be borderline medium-high. High-pop has a nice bustling auction house with plenty of PUGs to do whatever you need to do at almost any hour (speaking from a solo-play standpoint). World quests (including the world bosses now) are very populated with plenty of people to allow you to finish them in a matter of minutes.

However, with high populated servers come queues, but Sargeras hasn't had a queue more than a few hundred people and a < 20 minute wait time--this was when raids opened up last week. I would guess that Illidan may have a higher queue, at times, and Stormrage is a highly populated PvE realm with quite long queues in the last few weeks. So, that's always something to consider.

4. Any active multi-boxing guilds still around?
    Well, there's <Multiboxer> on Sargeras Alliance, but it's far from active. I've been wanting to try to revitalize it with Legion, but for the past few weeks I've been sucked into other things and leveling my characters has been the last thing on my mind right now. Other than that, I don't know of any.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I can't answer your questions, but Legion comes with a level 100 boost so you probably don't need RaF unless you planned on leveling several teams.

For 1, I have in the past but I believe it depends on the customer rep you end up with, may have to just keep calling until you find one that will help you.
    Yeah, I figure I'll RAF and grind to Level 60 so I can get the veteran bonus when I use the Level 100 boost.

I'm thinking of having at least two main teams since they seem to work great in Legion.

4x DKS + 1 Pally
    5x Pallys

Then at least 1 of each of the other classes.

I've Leveled to 110 already on my Hunter and had a ton of fun. Legion seems to be a great expansion.

Thanks for the reply Mirai. I saw this thread http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...oking-for-more!

Is the Horde side <Multi-Boxer> very active?

Thanks for the reply Mirai. I saw this thread http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...oking-for-more!

Is the Horde side <Multi-Boxer> very active?
    I'm going to assume they're just as (in)active as the Alliance version on Sargeras. =\
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Vis a vis splitting Bnets...

I'm one of the unlucky ones that was unable to get them to move my accounts to new Bnets. I called a total of four times and escalated to a supervisor twice--No dice. Overall, from what I've seen here, more people than not have been able to split though.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Blog Entries

In the past, which may not be indicative of things today, I was able to freely move Warcraft accounts both onto fewer B.Net accounts to consolidate onto a single account and then to split them to two five B.Net accounts for the purpose of RAF'ing five more accounts for ten in total.

The brand new accounts had the same mounts as the existing accounts.
    Each of my original five had individually earnt their special mounts.
    So each pair of accounts had one account with each mount on their own merits.
    If you had only earnt a mount on one account, put them onto a B.Net and then moved them off of that B.Net, I'm not sure you would retain special mounts on accounts who only had the mount because they were with an account that had earnt it.

In regards to the RAF.

If you were to only move one established account to a new server.
    And then run your own RAF.

Call that account A.
    I'd do two chains from A.
    A > B > C
    A > D > E

You could boost several sets with A.
    And because you have at least two accounts that are linked from A.
    They can combine to grant levels to a new toon of the same class on A.

So if your booster boosts 4x Mages.
    And you have at least two accounts linked to the parent account.
    Then one level-grants a Mage on the booster account to half the boosted level.
    And the other level grants that Mage, on the booster account, to the level of the boosted characters.

Depending on how many teams you want to have...
    You might benefit from each account linked directly from the account A.
    A > B
    A > C
    A > D
    A > E

That would give you two granted characters, on the parent account A, per one team boosted on BCDE.
    Also, if time was more important than cash, you could potentially transfer an entire team (of extra boosted characters) from A to BCDE.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Chiming in since I'm working on doing this right now. It was going fine, but the second GM that responded added the constraint of "all or none, no splitting". I'm pushing back to see if that can be relaxed, but it's somewhat frustrating as it pretty much defeats the purpose, I could just leave all of them on the original.

Having JUST recently attempted this, I thought I'd post my final results with the GM...

Hello again!

Game Master Frichader here. It was nice to chat with you

I was able to go over with you what it takes to be able to move/merge and why we can't move them in this case.

We can only consolidate accounts onto a single battle.net & we only move games to the master account with the most games (we don't move off to new or smaller accounts). Once they are moved, they can not be transferred off the battle.net

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know.

May all your battles go in your favor and may your loots be epic!

*MrglGrgl*