Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 30

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    I'm 840ilvl now and don't think I have ever struggled so hard with heroics. Dreading even trying mythics. Will probably have to wait til next major content patch when I'm 900ilvl and just brute force my way through it.
    From what I have learned during my encounters in heroics and mythics, the difference is not huge. By now I'm geared above 840 Ilvl. Yesterday I did a mythic, and nailed the mechanics on some bosses. Those went down on the first attempt, easy. A couple days earlier I did the same dungeon in heroic, thinking this will be chill I'm over heroics. So at a specific boss which I oneshotted yesterday mythic, I wiped 2 times before I realised that mechanics still is life or death in heroic. So once I got 100% serious and did everything right, the boss went down on heroic.
    Eye of azshara have some bosses which I just technically cannot handle. Heroic is a pain. For me there are mythic dungeons who are about as difficult as that.

I know I'm running a team of 5 tanks, but the difference should scale just as much with my team. Especially because I'm a sloppy boxer, and stand in a lot of bad things. So if any encounter specific AoE (which is avoidable and therefore does noticeable damage) increases drastically from heroic to mythic, I would feel that.

I'm suspecting that they made the heroic to mythic jump in Legion sligthly smaller than in WoD. With all the hell that can be unlocked with mythic+, and that experienced players can get what they need from from mythic+ only, there is no need to make regular mythic much more challenging than heroic.
    Last edited by davidmage : 09-29-2016 at 03:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    I'm suspecting that they made the heroic to mythic jump in Legion sligthly smaller than in WoD. W

This is due to the introduction of keystones. In our trade chat people were saying base mythic was too easy, and that they could run them as tank and x4 dps.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-29-2016 at 07:52 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    This is due to the introduction of keystones. In our trade chat people were saying base mythic was too easy, and that they could run them as tank and x4 dps.
    Yeah, but that sorta "I SO SWAG YO" boasting has always been this way. Three people in chat talking about the difficulties in running an instance and someone pipes up with how easy it is, then they find out player four is about 30 ilevels higher in gear, including full class sets and/or legendaries. WTB FacePunchThroughTheInterwebsIRL app, PST.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

haha thanks guys, hmm yea, you are right about the jump from each difficulty not being too high, I will try them out sooner rather than later then.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

I believe my toons (4 blood dks and 1 Prot Pally) are now surpassing the damage they put out since before tank dps nerf and Light of the protector nerf due to increasing artifact traits and item level increase. The gear and increased traits are definitely having an impact on how powerful and durable my team feels. Heroics are largely a joke and there are only few bosses left where I need to pay attention to mechanics. I expect Mythic and Mythic+1/2 will eventually feel this way in the coming weeks.

I've been able to set several 20-50 second faster record kills in heroic and mythic. Most of my toons are now above 850 and are starting to get 855-880 gear from world quests and Mythic and Mythic+. The world bosses are not as loot friendly as Kazzak was in WoD. I've used my bonus rolls on them and so far only 1 toon has gotten loot each week, in the last two world bosses.

Davidmage is right in that the difference between the difficulties of heroic and mythic is minor.

After making some talent changes to my team detailed below and unlocking my 2nd golden trait on my paladin I was able to not move on the 1st boss in Blackrook Hold heroic and sit in every mechanic and with proper CD rotation not die. I burned that boss down in around a minute and basically ignored every mechanic. All I did was slightly spread out so that not all of my toons were taking AoE damage. If a toon got the swirly shadows thing or shadow cleave then the toons in that quadrant ate it.

I'm going to start using Vuhdo mouseover macros and keybinds to control toon CD usage. By doing so, I'll have more control over which Toon uses a personal CD. There is no reason for every toon to use CDs if only one toon is taking damage, low hp or is about to take damage.

The difference between normal mythic and Mythic+1 is even smaller (8% health and damage). I found that once you go to +2 or +3 we lose our ability to brute force certain mechanics. Last week, I was not able to beat any +2 timer but I did not get very fast or easy dungeons (halls of valor). Sadly, I have not gotten a darkheart thicket keystone yet on my toons. I did get a lot of maw of souls, this week and last, which I'm glad for this because its easy and fast! I think I can probably finish some dungeons at +4 or maybe +5 with with my level of gear and damage output. Until I can clear +2 and +3 fast enough I wont be able to get those keystones. The good thing about Mythic+ is that you do not need to beat the timer to get gear including your weekly reward chest. Another neat thing is that you can get higher difficulty loot chests and keystones in one run, if you are fast enough. Like say you clear something in half the time at +1 you can get +2 and +3 chests and get a +4 keystone in addition to your regular +1 chest. This weekend, I'm going to try clear maw of souls+1 in 10-15 minutes by pulling larger packs of trash and using my CDs on trash instead of bosses and see how it goes. I'm very confident I can destroy all of the bosses in that place without CDs as they are all easy for my comp. Trash I think is our strength with a 5 tank comp. Tanks are typically quite high in trash damage but low in boss damage. So I think we have to play to our strengths if we want to beat these Mythic+ timers.

I try to practice speed clears when I clear regular Mythics as there is no pressure if you die on trash or bosses. I raced a few guildies in Mythic Halls of Valor and I cleared it in 34 minutes! I did beat their group by over 10 minutes but they said they were doing the stag party achievement. The mythic+ timer is 45 minutes. They had much faster boss kills like 50-100% faster but I was able to pull larger packs of trash then they were.

For those of us who run with 5 tanks (and possibly other weird comps that somehow work!) we don't need to 100% follow what the icy veins, wowhead and mmo-champion guides and world first raiders are saying. They aren't playing their character the same way we are. They are great as a reference and baseline to start your character out but don't rule out a talent or trait because someone said it wasn't optimal or was a bad talent choice. I initially followed the cookie cutter builds on my paladin and after doing some experimenting and going for a more passive defensive and healing focused build I found better results for my multiboxing comp.

I go for passive survival/damage reduction in my talents and traits before damage increases for my Paladin which has helped me out by being able to not have to use hand of the protector as much on my paladin which allows me to throw out more hand of the protectors on toons who are actively tanking rather than most of them on the paladin. I recently unlocked bulwark of order (50% of damage as an absorb on avenger shield) and then I started to use first avenger talent (+50% extra cd reset chance and +50% damage but only hits 1 target). I also changed out my 1st talent to use holy shield instead of blessed hammer. I don't actively tank on my paladin so blessed hammer is not the best talent. If you have 5 paladins I also don't believe it would be worth using since 4 would not be taking melee hits and it wouldn't really do anything besides look cool and do a bit of AoE damage. I also got a relic from WQs that boosts my light of the protector healing by 6% which helps offset the 22% nerf. Maybe I need to look at finding other +6% relics that buff light of the protector. Those two talent changes greatly increased my paladins passive survival. Such as doing 30-50% of its healing and absorbs on trash and bosses where the rest was hand/light of the protector. My paladin has 36% chance to block 40% of basically all damage types vs the 15-45% (the hammers can hit multiple targets) reduction to only boss and trash melees.

My DKs I'll admit are cookie cutter. Sadly, Blood DKs really don't have talent choices. There are maybe 3-4 that can be changed the rest are not even worth using.

I invested 13 traits into frost and tried it out in a few heroics with my paladin tanking. I can burn through some bosses very quickly with frosts high burst but there is little to no recovery for mistakes. Its just easier to play as 5 tanks. Frost DKs have a stupid high amount of runic power gain compared to blood which allows me to swap frost strike for death strike when I need healing. They just don't have the survival to handle mechanics and trash. Frost is somewhat ok to play now now with the buffs (its still one of the worst specs even with all of the buffs!) but it really needs a rework/redesign. Obliterate needs to scale with mastery or they need to redo Frost DK mastery.

I imagine playing a more standard comp with 3 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank will work but I don't think with this new tanking and healing style that it will work as well. You are much more heavily punished for standing in bad or not handling mechanics properly in this expansion than previous because healer output is toned down where its not whackamole healing for half the targets HP every cast.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 09-30-2016 at 02:42 PM

Damn I read all of that! Hehe, just kidding, but I did read it. I have pretty much given up on dungeon boxing. Not because it's difficult, more that I just enjoy solo play again. I box hunters just for the WQ rewards. Hoping I get a legendary.

If you want to cheese mythic you can always go with affliction locks. If specced properly they will never die but from 1 shot mechanics, and movement isn't a big deal at all. Prot paladin, 3x afflicition lock with a resto druid is insanely strong from a boxing perspective. The raw dmg output for affliction is on the lower end class balance wise, but that isn't the most important thing for a multiboxer imo on boss encounters. They are so forgiving ...
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

@zenga care to explain that bit about affliction locks?

I just rolled fresh lvl 100 pallies x4, pug a healer in a random WoD just to try them out, they smashed it haha. Though old content so...
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Protection paladins are very strong at the moment. The heal that's based on attack power with less than 10 seconds cooldown that can be used on other people and stack? I surely hope they don't nerf it but if they do, that would be the end of paladins in multiboxing.

The movement requirements are noticeably more prominent in legion. Casters have a real hard time maintaining consistent DPS in boss fight. Trash pack is fine because of AE skills and stun on rotation, but some bosses just keep throwing different location-based attacks continuously.

I wonder if BM Hunter x 4 + Druid would be a good combo for movement fights...