Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Default My thoughts on the class balance update

It changed nothing.

Still the only viable boxing setup for getting the endgame dungeons appears to be 5 tanks. The healer and DPS on my mixed team usually die early leaving the tank to solo most the fight. Tank is still topping DPS as well because the movement required by ranged.

I would probably go with 5x pali tanks because thats what I am used to. But 4xDK and 1 Pali seems optimal just thinking about it. Then again with the protection warrior doing 3rd in heals right now, thats right actually beating out real healers, leading with one of them is also a good choice.

My subscription ends in 9 days, and I am done. I don't have it in me right now to level another team to run dungeons, and I cant do them with my current traditional team. Maybe I will come back in a couple months when I am not burnt out.

What's odd is that my tanks are healing for more than a primary-spec healer, though they can't sustain the output for more than ~10 seconds. I doubt that's a problem with tanks as much as a problem with healers. If a primary spec healer cannot heal through a normal dungeon boss, there's something fundamentally wrong. Just my experience, at any rate.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Healer throughput is just too low compared to incoming damage, even if you execute the mechanics properly.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

In WoD I did best stacking all DPS.

I'm running 4 ele shams with DH tank, done all the normals and have done EoA and Violet Hold heroic, haven't tried the others yet. Some bosses are just a constant movement requirement for my shamans, and it suuuuuuuuuuucks. Who else hates violent winds in EoA? But the change did help me a fair bit, trash dies quicker and I am able to dps boss harder through ascendance, so I'm happy. I'm 840ilvl now and don't think I have ever struggled so hard with heroics. Dreading even trying mythics. Will probably have to wait til next major content patch when I'm 900ilvl and just brute force my way through it.

I'm pretty sure this is what most classes are complaining about for the heroic raids, their dps is fine, until they have to move, then it drops like crazy.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

The other major issue, in my opinion, is that ranged classes have virtually no DPS while mobile. Except BM Hunters. With healer throughput so low compared to damage taken and the size of health pools, you can't allow your non-tank team members to stand in the fire to continue DPS. It's just doubling down on tanks being superior options for us in Mythic+.

The good news is that you can get the same ilevel from WQs as you can even doing Mythics, albeit slower (Weekly outdoor boss helps a lot). I'm leveling Warlocks with Priest healers now. Gearing will certainly be slower than the DK plus Pally team, but I'll end up in the same place.

Arf yeah those bosses where you need to be mobile... I killed the first boss of Black Rock Hold last night and I just could not believe it. With the echoe debuff thing, my 4 priests would consistently run while applying Plea to the tank. It took me like 10 tries because with only the tank doing the DPS, the fight takes a long time and I would always make a fatal mistake after some time. If only my toons could follow me without delay and automatically face the boss, that would help so much but yeah, I'm dreaming I know.

@Mogs2: I'm curious. What do you usually do with your tank team for that boss when your toons get the echoes debuff? Do you run around kitting the boss?

I really wanted locks.. but in the end x4 bm Hunters won with a holy priest because of movement.

In Black Rook Hold, my experience is that only the ranged specs will get Echoes... And it's only my healer. So, I run him in a circle slowly around the edge of the room. The DKs are basically completely self sufficient--It'd be easier if I specced him Prot, but I'm lazy. And stubborn.

My team is plowing through most of the 5 mans: PROT + MW + 3*BM.

Movement seems to be the big thing here but none of the dungeons are as unfriendly as Grimrail Depot was so far.

Granted, I died a lot and still do sometimes when I'm not paying attention. What I find to be super important is having a setup where you can very easily swap to other windows and still maintain all roles performing. That I think is easier said than done.

For the echo debuff off Souls in BRH I just watch DBM warning for who gets it, swap to that character and run around the back of the encounter to keep my team from getting gibbed. All while I continue healing and tanking and dealing damage.