Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default DPS rotation for prot paladin

Hi,

I feel like I'm not getting as much DPS as I should out of my prot paladins.
    I'm using a GS-E macro I found at wowlazymacros.com:
    https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/top...mmy-22-stacks/

Prot palies are a wack-a-mole style of rotation.. whatever is off cooldown gets smashed. I started using GS-E on mine..then switched to ISboxer just spamming all the abilities..seems to work better for me. Situational spells/abilities are on separate hotkeys of course.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Agreed, I only used GS-e while in my learning stages of isBoxer, then I got into priority macro's within boxer.

On my Pallys I have each skill in it's own spot.. but I have made a macro for when im lazy:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Judgment,blessed hammer,shield of the righteous,blessed hammer
    /cast [combat] avenging wrath
    Avenger's on it's own for procs & consecration as I now always lay it down first.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-29-2016 at 11:58 PM

I've never used any macros or other stuff for rotating my abilities. The rotation for prot paladin is so perfect for mashing buttons. The only abilities which is tied to survival is our Shield of the Righteous (our defensive ability and via talent enables next Light of The Protector), and of course Light of The Protector itself. These abilities are not tied to the global cooldown of our other abilities, meaning we have full control of when we use them regardless of the GcD state of the individual characters.
    The other 3 abilities is just use when ready, especially avengers shield which can proc free cast - mash that one as often as possible.

I am working on this now, so this is WIP. I have a 100 paladin and then 4 level 22 ones that I need to bring up, so I immediately ran into trouble with trying a castsequence because the low level dudes were missing half the spells.

My ISBoxer 2 step solution (for the moment):
    Step 1:
    Shield of the righteous
    Step 2 (Wait 12 seconds before going back to step 1)
    Cast all of the following (as their own keypresses coming in)
    Eye of tyr
    consecration
    avenger's shield
    judgment
    hammer of the righteous

This catches procs for avenger's shield, and a side benefit for me is that for the lowbies, any abilities they dont have yet just get ignored.

As I get past leveling and into some "current" content, I'm sure this will change. I will probably have to be more judicious with my SOTR etc.

Should be good for now.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

My paladin rotation is:

Step 1:

* Smash buttons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Step 2:

* Loot
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Your finger walking dexterity is legendary ugh, thats too much moving for me
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    My paladin rotation is:

Step 1:

* Smash buttons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Step 2:

* Loot
    roflmao!! perfect!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    The only abilities which is tied to survival is our Shield of the Righteous (our defensive ability and via talent enables next Light of The Protector), and of course Light of The Protector itself. These abilities are not tied to the global cooldown of our other abilities, meaning we have full control of when we use them regardless of the GcD state of the individual characters.
    The other 3 abilities is just use when ready, especially avengers shield which can proc free cast - mash that one as often as possible.
    Kinda. If consecration is gone, you want to cast it before SotR or LotP unless waiting will get you killed. 20% extra on both if standing in your consecration is nothing to sneeze at.