Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

Theres one spell you can macro to another because its not on the GCD, thats Light of the protector. Put it with consecration so you're sure you get the bonus healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Your finger walking dexterity is legendary ugh, thats too much moving for me
    Years of practice, grasshopper.

In seriousness, the way things tend to work with my ISBoxer config (just hits every key in that list in a single step) is that you put the abilities in decreasing priority starting from 2 and going down to 9. It "tends" to fire those earlier even if two are off cooldown. For example, if I put judgment on 5 and Hammer of Spamination on 6, it usually fires Judgment first. So I tend to put Hammer of Spamination on 5 and judgment on 9. Where Healing Consecration goes plays a notable difference in how regularly it stays up, so it's important.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I have ISBoxer setup to button mash in a descending order from = to 5. 1, 3, and 4 I manually press for interrupts, active mitigation, and horse mobility. The 2 key is my macro key for ISBoxer because I find it very easy to press while keeping my other fingers on Q and E for movement.

My priority is:
    Avengers Shield
    Judgement
    Artifact ability
    Consecration
    Hammer
    Light of Protector

I throw in Seraphim when it's talented and in some situations I take the Artifact ability off and use it manually. So I just smash the 2 key and everything dies and you end the fights at full hp. I have solo'd the last 20% of many heroic bosses when the rest of the group dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    I have ISBoxer setup to button mash in a descending order from = to 5. 1, 3, and 4 I manually press for interrupts, active mitigation, and horse mobility. The 2 key is my macro key for ISBoxer because I find it very easy to press while keeping my other fingers on Q and E for movement.

My priority is:
    Avengers Shield
    Judgement
    Artifact ability
    Consecration
    Hammer
    Light of Protector

I throw in Seraphim when it's talented and in some situations I take the Artifact ability off and use it manually. So I just smash the 2 key and everything dies and you end the fights at full hp. I have solo'd the last 20% of many heroic bosses when the rest of the group dies.
    When i started using mouse wheel tilt for left-right strafe, it gave me two more dps keys for quick access ( i use Q for my main GTAE ability and for camera alignment ) E is my universal interrupt, on round robin. Also the extra control when using tilt for strafe allows me to kite like a champ!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Yeah, I have my stun keybound to R and hand of freedom bound to F. I use raid frames and a mouseclick for BoP and sacrifice.

I have found its best to limit Prot paladin to 3 lines of macro text. In doing so it will help the reaction of your Avenger Shield Resets via grand crusader.

Of course with isboxer you can execute a step on key press and another on key release so that may help with the shield responsiveness. I personally use GnomeSequencer. In the past I have used an ISboxer priority system for my one button macro when blizzard allowed us more automation in our macros.

I think its best to manually control shield of the righteous as its the core of your mitigation and by controlling it you can use it for controlled burst, predictable damage spikes from trash or bosses or to give yourself 2x Hand of the protectors in quick succession. I always try to keep at least 1 charge of shield of the righteous available. If you have it macrod into your one button ability you will quickly burn through the 3 charges and have to wait nearly 15 seconds to get it again. At the start of the fight you typically don't need to use two hand of the protectors. However, Shield of the Righteous is our most damaging/hardest hitting ability so using the 3 charges back to back while you have CDs running is great for getting damage out.

For my paladins macro I do something like

/cast Avenger's Shield
    /castsequence reset=9/combat Consecration
    /castsequence reset=5/combat Judgement, Hammer of Righteous, Hammer of Righteous, Hammer of Righteous

The duration on the reset step of the macro can be messed with depending on your level of haste. I find its best to be either slightly below or slighty above the CDs of your abilities. You will have to play with it some and see how it works during something like a time warp/blood lust/drums. I think its best to give yourself a second or two of extra GCD causing ability so that when you do get that haste buff it doesn't make your macro cycle too fast to an ability on CD.

I would suggest everyone create macros for all spells and use [@target] in them. This prevents them from just selecting a new random target to cast at, you actually have to target a mob.

For example:
    /cast [@target] Avenger's Shield
    I hate running up to mobs and have each of my pali tanks pulling a separate group. Now if they don't have anyone targeted they wont cast.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I would suggest everyone create macros for all spells and use [@target] in them. This prevents them from just selecting a new random target to cast at, you actually have to target a mob.

For example:

I hate running up to mobs and have each of my pali tanks pulling a separate group. Now if they don't have anyone targeted they wont cast.
    A simple /stopmacro [notarget][dead][noharm] type of thing will mean you only have one line to worry about.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I have now switched to using each ability on it's own action bar button and it's way better.. had to do the artifact quest in looms (555) item level and with a macro it was painful, so after the first boss I swapped - was a huge difference once I had full control of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    A simple /stopmacro [notarget][dead][noharm] type of thing will mean you only have one line to worry about.
    so just put that in the first macro on your bar?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )