Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: 5 Pallies

So I'm hashing things out - love my theorycrafting.

For Retribution Paladins, since their DPS is pretty good and it makes switching to Protection easy if it doesn't work.
    Divine Shield talent, where it auto casts if a shot kills you and brings you to 20% hp. This is amazing.
    Word of Glory - you've got 8 AoE heal bombs every minute that heal for 900 spell power. I'm guessing this heal is in the 1 to 1.5 mil heal range?
    Blessing of Kings - it's essentially healing rain if I read this right - without the issue of throwing it down. it makes an absorption shield which is 1.8 x spell power - every 6 seconds. Where Healing rain is 50% spell power + 50% spell power x 2.5 over 9 seconds.
    Blessing of Wisdom - another mini heal , it's something!

Flash of Light is still viable if you need to top off. I know not optimal but it's another tool in the arsenal.
    Currently only lvl 35 on my team, and only using flash of light since the fights are not difficult. It runs butter smooth but excited to try it at later levels.

The Protection artifact weapon buff where light of the protector gives a 15 second heal over time on top of the instant heal is massive though. Ultimately Paladins appear to be extremely boxer friendly, but I love to squeeze out the DPS and I think Ret might have enough survivability for some situations.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    So I'm hashing things out - love my theorycrafting.

For Retribution Paladins, since their DPS is pretty good and it makes switching to Protection easy if it doesn't work.
    Divine Shield talent, where it auto casts if a shot kills you and brings you to 20% hp. This is amazing.
    Word of Glory - you've got 8 AoE heal bombs every minute that heal for 900 spell power. I'm guessing this heal is in the 1 to 1.5 mil heal range?
    Blessing of Kings - it's essentially healing rain if I read this right - without the issue of throwing it down. it makes an absorption shield which is 1.8 x spell power - every 6 seconds. Where Healing rain is 50% spell power + 50% spell power x 2.5 over 9 seconds.
    Blessing of Wisdom - another mini heal , it's something!

Flash of Light is still viable if you need to top off. I know not optimal but it's another tool in the arsenal.
    Currently only lvl 35 on my team, and only using flash of light since the fights are not difficult. It runs butter smooth but excited to try it at later levels.

The Protection artifact weapon buff where light of the protector gives a 15 second heal over time on top of the instant heal is massive though. Ultimately Paladins appear to be extremely boxer friendly, but I love to squeeze out the DPS and I think Ret might have enough survivability for some situations.
    What are you looking to do with your 5 paladins? For dungeons you will almost have to go 5x prot or make one of them a healer if you want to run with a trinity setup. I don't think its worth it to use a trinity setup unless you overgear the dungeon you are doing. The issue is that healing is toned down at 110/legion you are encouraged to move out of stuff asap. A healer cant cast one spell and heal you for 50% of your life like they could in previous expansions. By playing 5x melee you will be subjected to almost every mechanic and be nice and stacked so if they cleave or spread you can bet it will hit all of your other toons. If your toons are not very tanky you will have to be very good at minimizing your damage taken so you can survive long enough to get your damage out to kill a boss and handle their mehcanics.

I don't think greater blessing of kings absorb scales very well at 110 and its only refreshed every 6 seconds. Word of glory has too long a CD to be useful and it costs 3 holy power. 1% health and mana every 15 seconds from wisdom is a joke.

I'm at 871 on my prot paladin and my HoT from light the titans only ticks for 33k vs my 3.2 million HP pool. All in all the entire Light of the Titans HoT amounts to about flash of light over 15 seconds. It's nice addition but its not a game changing ability. One boss melee swing can be 400-600k so in the grand scheme of things its not that much but it does help offset some dot damage.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for dream of many to multibox melee dps in dungeons. I tried playing 1x blood 3x frost and 1x holy pally and even if I make the frost dks only spend their runic power on deathstrike they are just too squishy to be able to survive anything they don't massively overgear. It would never work in something like Karazhan. There are too many mechanics that are just brutal to groups with lots of melee.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 11-16-2016 at 03:41 PM

That is really good information though and I do truly appreciate it!
    It seems like 5x Prot Paladins will be the way to go.
    At what level do you think I'll need to make the switch to prot? 100+? I'll most likely grind out as 1 Prot 4x ret until it becomes clear it isn't working.

Don't underestimate 5x Flash of Light on the prots, either. I can go from ~25% to full health just from broadcast+Clique FoL on a guy and I usually have enough mana to do that 4 times in a row.

[edit] I'd go prot immediately. I leveled mine from 100-110 as prot and they just blew through everything. It was less about how many mobs I could pull as much as having alliance turds tapping my packs as I was riding around gathering them up.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    That is really good information though and I do truly appreciate it!
    It seems like 5x Prot Paladins will be the way to go.
    At what level do you think I'll need to make the switch to prot? 100+? I'll most likely grind out as 1 Prot 4x ret until it becomes clear it isn't working.
    I started leveling as trinity with my paldins until i got the quest for EoA and got my ass kicked lol.. then i jumped on the 5xprot train and have never looked back 8) I have been leveling my ret artifacts.. i think they will end up being better for just clearing stuff in the world. But they do not shine until they have most their artifact traits. My prots still out dps the rets..but the rets are catching up.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Don't underestimate 5x Flash of Light on the prots, either. I can go from ~25% to full health just from broadcast+Clique FoL on a guy and I usually have enough mana to do that 4 times in a row.

[edit] I'd go prot immediately. I leveled mine from 100-110 as prot and they just blew through everything. It was less about how many mobs I could pull as much as having alliance turds tapping my packs as I was riding around gathering them up.
    This. Flash of light is very powerful on Prot Pallies. Its never a good idea to cast it while tanking on 1 paladin but with 5 toons you can cast it 4 or 5 times in a row per toon every 30 seconds or so. I'm sure its just as strong on ret as well. Its almost the same amount of healing as holy's flash of light.

One of my weaknesses playing 4x blood + 1 prot is having to survive on things when I'm unable to melee a boss to use my self heals and leech on DKs. Something like Helya when she submerges, serpentrix while Im running to kill heads or shivermaw when im spreading out for the frost debuff. I can get by with light of the protector and a few manual holy lights and CDs if needed but playing 5x prot would make that easier. My DKs have around 4.2-4.5 million life with high bone shield stacks so they do have a larger cushion of 30-40% more HP than my pally. I'f I'm low life and out of combat I don't really have very many ways to top my entire team up quickly.

Are you leaning towards maybe for even further progression than your currently at Paladins may be the route?

Both Paladins and Dks seems really strong in groups atm. Would 1dk (blood) and 4 prot paladins work for mythic +