Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Looking for some opions!

Hey guys, me again.
    I know, I know.
    I'm here for six months and then vanish for six months to a year lol. Seems I'm good at doing that, and have done that since vanilla!

I'm looking to get some feedback from people that have been boxing wow since the early days. I'm just wondering what you would rate the fun factor of boxing this expansion. Now I know everyone has fun doing different things, I'm just trying to get a general idea here of what you all think.

I had purchased five more accounts pre-expansion and raffed up some more teams (bringing my accounts to 15). Got a bit burned out doing that grind yet again, but am feeling well rested now. After playing Legion solo up to 110, I'm starting to feel that itch again.

I'm just not entirely sold yet on the boxing viability of Legion. From what I've read here it seems the questing from 100-110 is not that pleasant for boxers. I can only imagine how much a pain the artifact collecting in the world would be.

On the other hand the 110 PVE/PVP world questing seems like it would be great now (being on Tichondrius) with people actually out in the world doing stuff more often. The instances have this WOTLK feel for me and well, that was by far my favorite expansion/story line. The new garrison stuff seems like it's much more manageable with your team as well.

I would only be five boxing again, think I lost my drive to box anymore than that.

So in conclusion, what do you guys think about boxing this expansion. Is it all around fun? Or is it more tedious than fun.
    I am definitely just a casual player now, no more sinking a whole day into the game.

Thanks all!

I have unsubscribed and wont be back until next expansion to play again.

Lore, graphics, technology, all top notch, best I've seen in any expansion. And its boxer friendly in a lot of ways, such as looting. But its not alt friendly, and heaven forbid if you want to change specs you have to start the grind all over. In summary, as long as you pick the right class makeup and they don't do another 20%-30% nerf/buff where you'd have to change things, and you only run 1 or 2 teams, then sure its fun.

I'm probably the minority though, I have not heard a lot of complaints in this forum. While I can barely control my rage at half the stuff.

Back to Rift for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BioAndy View Post
    I'm just not entirely sold yet on the boxing viability of Legion. From what I've read here it seems the questing from 100-110 is not that pleasant for boxers. I can only imagine how much a pain the artifact collecting in the world would be.
    Standard questing is easier in this expansion than any previous expansions. I'm 109 and done with three zones and I have yet to find a quest that requires me to pick up stuff on the ground one at a time (broadcast-click works for every one of these I've seen so far). I'm one of the laziest peons on the plant re: questing and it's silly easy this time around. That said, the class hall quests (for paladins at least) have been a pain in the ass having to do them all 5 times independently.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-26-2016 at 02:19 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

There are some boring single-scenario shit that you have to push through during the leveling and before getting into Suramar. I have also decided to never do that Exodar Scenario ever again.
    So my 5 hunters (second team) just hit 110 yesterday and and they have gained access to Suramar. I did not pursue a second artifact, and I have not even started the Mysterious light object quest-line (the one which involves exodar scenario). I'm not sure what I actually get from it, but I'm not doing it again unless its totally obligatory for something vital.
    So considering I did that, leveling a second team felt okay. (I still probably have some hunter campaign scenarios to dread)
    And now that they are 110 it's all good. Suramar is fine (and inside with the elite stuff, it's nice to be stronger than a single char), world quests are good for boxers, gathering profs are awesome etc.
    World quests can also be a fast and great source of gear upgrade, and they don't take forever. So just having a few teams grabbing the wqs with gear rewards each day will give good progress for a small effort.

If I felt that boxing just doesn't work for me in Legion, I would play it solo instead definitely.
    Last edited by davidmage : 09-25-2016 at 01:27 AM

Personally I've found this expansion quite good so far. The only real issue I see is what JG mentioned about having to be somewhat sure about the team you are rolling, or having to deal with a lot of regrinding. However if you already know the specs you want to play, you're in a decent spot. The amount of solo content is mainly bound to leveling and your order hall quest lines, so once you're done with those, it's pretty much done with.

As far as viability, it's looking fine. People are already clearing mythic dungeon content, so atleast 5-man content is perfectly reasonable to do, although do not expect it to be easy. With more focus on individual movement mechanics I'd be surprised to see anyone "solo" box normal raids for a good while. So far it seems you can maintain OK gear just from world questing, world bosses and LFR, so there's definitely a place for boxing casually as well. I'm mainly just chilling, doing world content and working on finishing order hall quest lines and professions and I'm slowly creeping towards 840 ilvl on my 8 toons. They're pretty repetitive, but as long as they are easy upgrades, I'm fine with it.

The PVP world quests are somewhat lackluster. There's no actual PVP to speak of, as for the most part you're just going around killing faction NPCs. There are a few free-for-all ones (which you can still do in a party) but in the normal ones there is no insentive for the other faction to be "defending".

I leveled 3 teams to 110 like every xpac there good parts and bad parts. Am in fact moving to 8 toons as the new tagging system going to be fun in wq, I would think as time goes n ALTs be easier. So new teams be OK I Ike xpac.

I'll echo most everyone's position: This is the best expansion for us boxers yet. The story, mechanics, quests, professions... everything really, is great for us.

There are two points that suck specifically for multiboxers. One, solo scenarios: You can skip the most time-consuming one (Exodar; 20 minutes min per character), but you will be doing 2-4 solo scenarios per character for their artifact weapon. If you don't, your weapon will always be 30-40 ilevels behind everyone else's; this makes it mandatory for me. Some of them can be done concurrently because they're forgiving, and some classes have very few (hello Paladin class campaign!), but you can't escape them and be competitive this expansion.

Two, changing your spec: You do invest a lot of resources via artifact power into your weapon, and changing spec can be punishing. It's hard to try out a new spec because to get an actual feel for it, you need to install relics (and with personal loot, you're unlikely to get relics that match the slots on your off spec weapon unless they share a slot type) and spend about 13 points in the weapon. That's a non-trivial amount of artifact power.

Now, what I will say about point two is that they designed it so that the first 13 points in a weapon cost the same as the single 14th point in a weapon, so if you can accept being one or two points down in your main weapon, you can get your off spec weapon to be respectable (from a traits perspective). A good 3-4 hour questing stint in Suramar will get a weapon from no points to 13 pretty handily.

~~~

On balance, I love this expansion. There is a ton of content and none of it is inhospitable to boxers. Mythics and even mythic+ are doable (perhaps not within the timer, depending on your class makeup), the world quests grant scaling rewards so they're always relevant, and with the new sharding technology there are people everywhere.

I can't more highly recommend giving the expansion a try.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I think this is one of the best expansions for us as far as PvE goes, once you hit 110 ( i play on pve server ). WQs alone are very good to us. It just getting to 110 that can be a pain. What i have been doing now is not killing any rares..not going out of the way to loot any treasures, as those side attractions take up a lot of time. When i focus on just the zone quest ( and only the ones your led to, not side quests you come across while running around ) It only takes me about two hours to finish each zone.

I want to correct somthing I said in another thread... you do in fact need to do the exodar quest. I waited until my druids were 110 before i finished it, i did not notice it effecting them in any way..BUT i tried to do that on my Paladins and regretted it as it it opens up a bit more of the paladin class quest line. I was 107 and had not received any more quests and i knew that was not right ( based on other people talking about it in the class hall chat ). So i googled it and figured out it was because i had not finished the exodar quest 8(.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, I really appreciate the time taken to give me some good info.

I'm not a huge alt guy, and it seems most of the negatives come from re-grinding multiple teams. I usually always box with mixed teams, seems like this expansion that's not the best choice.

I'll have to take some time and figure out what I want to play this time. I'm already leaning towards Warrior/Druid/3x Hunts for the instance mobility / pvp viability.

Thanks again everyone!

I just ran my second team through Exodar. Took me just under 1h. First team took close to 2h (didn't know what the hell i was doing, had healer, badly geared/macroed ret palas).