Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

I'll edit my previous post but I finally hit a quest last night in Suramar that had me picking up (Cliffroot) off the ground. As with everything else so far, it was broadcast-clickable so all 5 guys could click it at once and get the items. Took no longer than it would have solo to complete.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

My understanding is that the artifact research buff to get more AP is on an account wide reduction timer. In other words, the longer time goes on, the faster the research goes for your alts. In other words what takes 5 days now on your main will only take 2 days on your alt or even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    My understanding is that the artifact research buff to get more AP is on an account wide reduction timer. In other words, the longer time goes on, the faster the research goes for your alts. In other words what takes 5 days now on your main will only take 2 days on your alt or even faster.

That's what i understand as well.. just not sure when it starts to take effect! would be nice.. all my alts and my main team are on same timer atm.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    That's what i understand as well.. just not sure when it starts to take effect! would be nice.. all my alts and my main team are on same timer atm.
    It has already started. For example, people who hit level 110 within 24 hours saw maybe a 7-day timer on their first tier of AP research, whereas people hitting it two days later saw a 5-day timer or something like that. I don't think the timer drops below 3 days (72 hours) at this point, but I could be wrong. As the expansion gets older (we are only 4 weeks into it) the timer will be something like 24 hours (or less) for the first 10 tiers or whatever, so that people can quickly catch up to those who've been doing AP research since very early on.

Using the example above, people who started doing AP research on day 1 of the expansion will have needed to invest ~4 weeks to reach AP level 10 (using arbitrary research levels), and people starting two months later might only need 10 days or something along those lines. I have no idea if that's exactly how it'll be in my example timeframe since Blizzard hasn't given any hard numbers, but that's how I understand it.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I have unsubscribed and wont be back until next expansion to play again.

Lore, graphics, technology, all top notch, best I've seen in any expansion. And its boxer friendly in a lot of ways, such as looting. But its not alt friendly, and heaven forbid if you want to change specs you have to start the grind all over. In summary, as long as you pick the right class makeup and they don't do another 20%-30% nerf/buff where you'd have to change things, and you only run 1 or 2 teams, then sure its fun.

I'm probably the minority though, I have not heard a lot of complaints in this forum. While I can barely control my rage at half the stuff.

Back to Rift for me.
    Agree and disagree, it's not alt friendly, its alt gated. As in, it will be alt friendly in a couple of months when the catch up mechanics finally kick in and you have like 15 artifact knowledge levels... also, I hate gated content So yea, great xpac, just that im stuck with current content/setup until I slowly grind through time to unlock easier alting. That sucks.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Agree and disagree, it's not alt friendly, its alt gated. As in, it will be alt friendly in a couple of months when the catch up mechanics finally kick in and you have like 15 artifact knowledge levels... also, I hate gated content So yea, great xpac, just that im stuck with current content/setup until I slowly grind through time to unlock easier alting. That sucks.
    I largely agree with Valkry here. Much of the content at 110 requires you to've completed each major story arc in each zone and then bang away at Suramar forever. I just don't like that there's no way to skip any of it on an alt--You're gonna' do the exact same progression path on an alt as you will your main(s).

As for the artifact catchup? The difference is overblown to me. Once you get 15-20 points in, depending on the path you took, the second half of your points is probably not going to add much power to your character. The point being, an alt team isn't going to be more than 5-10% behind your main at any given point.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."