Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

Well after running heroic Blackrook hold (heroic daily) and Mythic Darkheart Thicket I'm not as worried. I actually set a few record kills. This may be because of better experience with the fights or good RNG. I also continued to run Prot as my "healer" and didn't have that much issue. I can definitely feel the healing and damage nerf but I think fights should still be able to be completed.

I recently unlocked my 2nd golden relic slot on my dks and I chose Umbilicus Eternus. It gives me an absorb shield for 5x the damage that my blood plague did during the duration of vampiric blood. I wasn't thinking it would be that powerful on a boss/one target but it is stupidly powerful. I get about a 1.8 million absorb shield for 10 seconds on a 50 second to 1 minute cd. I haven't pulled a lot of mobs to see how high I can stack it. I'll have to do some testing with it and double dancing rune weapon since I can use that and get 3 sets of blood plagues on my target. It does take a bit of timing and does not instantly absorb the damage but with 45-50% extra healing and hp it would be hard for something to one shot me during vamp blood. I expect it will greatly help my toons catch up on healing and to buy me some time where i cannot melee or aoe heal my toons and to ignore a mechanic every 1 minute or so during a fight combined with AMZ it can be quite a lot of ignoring and extra damage time.

I got a several Mythic +2 keystones that I'm going to be trying out this week. I got 2x Blackrook Hold 2x Neltharion's Lair and 1x Maw of Souls. A few guildies got some 860ish gear from completing the keystone.

I was able to run a few Mythic+1 Dungeons and finish them before the timer expired (Mythic Level 2) despite the tank and Pally Heal nerf. I got two pieces of 845 gear at the end of both of these. I'm not sure if you get more or less. Each death reduces the timer by 5 seconds. The loot for +1 and +2 are 845. Blizzard capped reward chests @ 850 until mythic raids come out. The gear can titan forge all the way up to 895. I don't see us multiboxing anything higher than +4 (first random affix also) for a few weeks until we get some more gear and artifact skill ups. There are breakpoints where if you clear a lower difficulty keystone before a certain threashhold in the timer it will bump you up a few difficulty levels.

Here is some more info on Mythic+ Dungeons.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/mythic...s-and-dungeons

Mythic+1 is 8% More Health and Damage (bosses and trash included)

Mythic+2 is 17% more health and damage

Mythic+1 Blackrook Hold (35 minute timer)
    G42Ok2M.jpg

Mythic+1 Maw of Souls (25 minute timer)
    4zQxJ83.jpg

You honestly barely notice Mythic+1 as its only 8% damage and health but the timer that makes it harder because you cannot have one or two wipes or you will fail it. Still, after all the tank damage nerfs and paladin healing nerfs it feels more like +18% more hp. I completed each dungeon with 4 to 6 minutes to spare. I had a few toons die on trash or 1-2 on a boss where I had to use battle rez.

I haven't gotten a Darkheart thicket keystone yet but I think I could do it on mythic+2 or maybe +3 as mechanically the bosses are just not that dangerous.

I tried Mythic+2 Halls of Valor (45 minute timer) and I was able to clear 3/5 bosses before the timer expired.

Ub6RNfw.jpg

It took me 10 minutes to clear that pack with that damn dragon. That damn dragon does not need 17% more damage and health! As a result, it made my Hymdall kill a bit more sloppy because I was out of CDs. The bosses were not that bad with the exception of Odyn, whom I couldn't kill. The bosses had around 75-80 million life. I one shot the first 3 and wiped once on God King. I'm going to classify Odyn as impossible for my team until I get more gear. I gave it 20 attempts with my best attempt at 88%. I simply do not have the mobility and damage to beat Odyn, as the fight tends to spiral out of control very fast. I tried going holy as well and it did not help, in-fact, I think it made it worse... It did suck spending about two hours in halls of valor and not able to finish it and get loot .

I guess I should hold off on trying anything higher than +1 until I run all of them on at least +1 so I know which ones are easy/possible and which ones I'll probably need more gear.

You do not get loot unless you complete the instance.

You can still get loot if you fail the timer but you will not get any +1 keystones.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 09-22-2016 at 01:05 AM

Good job with completing mythic+!
    I can imagine that at least for me the timer will be the biggest challenge, for the dungeons I know I can even complete. If something is hard, it can sometimes take me a few attempts to get everything right. But looking at those timers, it feels like most of the dungeons will be hard even without wipes at all.
    And I have not even tried a mythic since the nerfs, and that will leave even less room for errors and some better ILvl to compensate.
    Getting loot even if you fail the timer feels nice. I can imagine that some mythic+ will be doable, just not within the time limit.
    Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to try a mythic

Congraturations on mythic+.

Really looks awesome.
    And without a huge targetted heal: awesome.

personally im still having issues in several mythic.

Share more info about me.

My team has good gear ILvl now: 845-850 Ilvl. but i have few of artifact points (17/16).

Here my pala team in my personal guild

Yesterday:
    completed for 1st time Eye of Azshara heroic (wiped 4/5 times on 3rd boss)
    Done a partial run Halls of Valor Mythic (all cleared, 7/8 wipe, and now at Odyn).
    Wiped on big grp trash too. and killed at 4th attempts boss nr 4.
    Stucked at Odyn. 10 wipe.
    Mythic+ looks so far.
    Last edited by Prega : 09-22-2016 at 09:32 AM

Bah. Can't even get Serpentrix on Heroic.
    Not even close.

Did my first mythic yesterday after the nerf. Maw of Souls.
    First boss was still not a big problem, most of the damage is avoidable anyway.
    Second boss used to be quite easy - now I wiped many times. Being melee we are often forced to stand in the AoE to interrupt and kill the various adds, which we have no real control of their position. Before the heals did the trick and the AoE was manageable.
    Last boss is now in my opinion easier than the second, because we are not forced to stand in any noticeable AoE ever, so just avoid and win.
    Last edited by davidmage : 09-23-2016 at 02:48 AM

DHT mythic is still very easy, even after nerf.
    Had a few issues with the third boss (down on 3nd try, when I figured I have to move out of falling debris faster), rest went down on first try with 0 deaths.

Xeneres, what time did you do at Maw of Souls mythic+1?
    I just did it in 30 min (5 min too slow), and I had no wipes. Did you skip any mobs? Felt like I killed a bit too many, and could have possibly skipped some by using an invis pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    Bah. Can't even get Serpentrix on Heroic.
    Not even close.
    Same but in normal :'(

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Xeneres, what time did you do at Maw of Souls mythic+1?
    I just did it in 30 min (5 min too slow), and I had no wipes. Did you skip any mobs? Felt like I killed a bit too many, and could have possibly skipped some by using an invis pot.
    I did it in about 20-21 minutes. I had to go back and clear a pack of mobs to the left of the boat from the stairs after killing the 2nd boss since I didn't kill enough mobs.

I guess I just cleared what I normally did + all the trash on the boat after the 2nd boss.