Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 31

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    I had some spare time this evening, before the works starts again tomorrow. And since the tanks are getting nerfed (for paladins it was on wednesday I think) this was a perfect time to get some things done.

With my 5 paladins I first completed Court of Stars. I found the second boss harder than the last. Xeneres team had it reversed - can that be because DK:s have that magic resistance ability? a lot of magic damage in that fight.
    Last boss 5 paladins did not seem to have a hard time against the heavy physical damage. Beat the boss at the second attempt, when my ability to dodge his stuff was just not so terrible.
    In the arcway the only problematic boss was the spider. Everything else in that dungeon pales compared to the spider. Mainly because of the linking ability, and getting that sorted when there is 3 other things going on is kind of hectic. I was so glad when the spider died.
    Yea my paladin handled the last boss in Court of Stars better than my DKs because it could use bubble and bop to nullify the physical damage and clear the bleeds. I can imagine being a full prot paladin team would handle that much better. My DKs do do better at magic damage which is why I didnt think the 2nd boss in Court of Stars was that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    Yea my paladin handled the last boss in Court of Stars better than my DKs because it could use bubble and bop to nullify the physical damage and clear the bleeds. I can imagine being a full prot paladin team would handle that much better. My DKs do do better at magic damage which is why I didnt think the 2nd boss in Court of Stars was that difficult.
    So if we conclude that dk:s handle magic damage, and paladins are better at taking physical. Seems you have nailed the team setup then, having the paladin take the boss physical hit damage and the rest of the team having a good resistance to random AoE of encounters which is most often magic damage.
    I've only completed 6 mythics on total, and I'm pretty sure that the 4 left are probably harder than the 2 suramar dungeons.
    Eye of Azhara for example, I did that on heroic. All the incoming damage on bosses (specifically the third) I can't imagine that on mythic.

And class differences aside, you must have handled things very smooth that fight to manage his Rampage (or whatever it is) while he spawns adds. As a boxer I'm far away from handling difficult boss mechanics in an effective way. Again I must say that getting that boss/dungeon done was a great achievement

Also it's nice having the ability to battle rez.. that could swing some fights.

3rd boss on EoA is really annoying.

Impressive!
    Congraturations. excellent videos.

100% agreed about many bosses based party dmg on magic and surely DKs better suited vs that.

Following the wave and yours suggestions and info i m playing a 5 prot pala team. lucky starting class choice.

yesterday finally got 3rd artifact slot. it s a great improvement.

with golds bought many obliterium items+ah items: now team is in range 840-845.

at this iLvL level, with right talents and artifact traits, pala self healing looks really OP.
    done DHT and Maw mythic.
    Last edited by Prega : 09-19-2016 at 09:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    So if we conclude that dk:s handle magic damage, and paladins are better at taking physical. Seems you have nailed the team setup then, having the paladin take the boss physical hit damage and the rest of the team having a good resistance to random AoE of encounters which is most often magic damage.
    I've only completed 6 mythics on total, and I'm pretty sure that the 4 left are probably harder than the 2 suramar dungeons.
    Eye of Azhara for example, I did that on heroic. All the incoming damage on bosses (specifically the third) I can't imagine that on mythic.

And class differences aside, you must have handled things very smooth that fight to manage his Rampage (or whatever it is) while he spawns adds. As a boxer I'm far away from handling difficult boss mechanics in an effective way. Again I must say that getting that boss/dungeon done was a great achievement
    I meant that having a BoP and bubble available to use on your entire team 2x during the encounter was what made the 5x Pallies strong at physical damage especially bleeds as it allows you to clear the DoTs/bleeds from the last boss in court of stars. Aside from ways to cheese stuff with bubbles I do not ever try to actively tank on my paladin. It it much better to have the DKs taunt trade and to keep Hand of the Protector available for anyone who dips low. The Paladin is just not as tough as the DKs are on both trash and dungeon bosses.

I'm sad they are Nerfing Light of the Protector/Hand of the Protector and overall tank damage by about 10%. I feel this will make paladins even worse. It really sucks for classes that heal based on damage done like DKs and paladins, to an extent, with the 50% absorb shield from avenger shield. I'm currently building towards survival with those two talents instead of the recommended eye of Tyr golden trait to pursue first. I knew this type of thing would happen with the artifacts...as people go for the "best" traits and blizzard decides to nerf them quite heavily and since its so expensive to respec you are like welp I better stick with what I have or else ill lose a few days worth of artifact power... I still don't believe the 22% or so nerf to HoP will make me stop using the prot as my sole healer in Mythics. My gear increases should provide that 10% and 22% HoP nerf. My toons are now all 846-848 equipped. A few more item levels and a legendary (if one would ever drop!) should make up for the difference.

DKs received a heavy nerf with blood boil by 39% (it was warranted) but before that they did a 25% nerf to our single target and cleave in an attempt to tone down our damage but were hesitant to touch blood boil because early in the beta DKs lacked spike damage and snap aggro and dps would pull off of them very easily at the start of fights. So blood boil was buffed to create snap aggro. I think they should have brought our single target back up after the 39% blood boil nerf. We currently have powerful Offensive/Defensive combo cooldowns (double damage for 15 seconds with dancing rune weapon artifact traits and Bonestorm on a big pack of trash combined with blood boil and DnD/Heartstrike cleave is silly AoE damage) but on fights that last longer than 2 minutes and we are easily the lowest single target tanks. My paladin ends of surpassing my DKs on long fights. I build my DKs for AoE damage and burst single target damage which I find works best for dungeons and trash but may not be optimal for raids. I don't intend to do anything more than normal mode but I don't intend to play 5x tanks in a raid (maybe in LFR?) I'm not going to put points into a DPS artifact until I see what happens to frost and unholy after the first raid opens.

Serpentrix on mythic is definitely the final boss as far as completing all legion bosses and dungeons. The rest are nowhere near as difficult. That fight is the perfect storm of awful for multiboxers, Particularly melee teams. Most other bosses were 0-4 attempts. I would say I one shot about 50-60% of them.

Here is a summary of why Serpentrix is awful:

Multiple water pits for toons to get trapped in (also very fun when you get targeted with the poison patch/kite debuff and get stuck with the poison that is killing other toons that may have fell into the same hole and you are frustrated that you cant get out fast enough. I had a many attempts where this happened and I just let myself die because i realized the attempt was ruined - Check

Random push back in a random direction (winds) - Check

Targeted AoE Swirly under everyone's feet - Check

Random "Environmental Hazard" Lightning that does 400k a hit and can hit the same location 2x for 800k damage - Check

Targeted AoE Posion Trail that leaves behind patches of AoE that follow a toon and limits safe places to stand to continue meleeing a limited hit box boss that cannot be moved - Check

Forcing a Multiboxer to tackle a divide and conquer mechanic by breaking off to kill 2x 3.3 million HP heads (TWICE) that are spread out 40-50 yards apart while one is destroying you with increasing single target and the other is adding more AoE into an already very heavy AoE fight - Check

Annoying Rampage mechanic that requires you to race to the boss, on at least one toon to stand in its melee range and interrupt rampage while the others may be navigating winds pushback and a poison trail mechanic that is damaging the other 3 that are also running to kill a target. The boss can spawn 80+ yards away at times. I typically cannot kill it unless I get a little lucky on where the boss and heads emerge from. I hate the water pools on the Ocean side and the big pool of water behind where the boss originally spawns- Check

High HP for a mythic boss with adds (65 Million) - Check

Boss hits like a Truck - Check

Although, I'd Imagine Shivermaw and Mindflayer Kaahrj (I have not yet done these on Mythic) may be close to Serpentrix. I always pray I don't get them in Violet hold. I think for the Anub boss and Mindflayer Kaahrj you can make them much easier by using the emergency items on the wall but you only have 4 uses. If you use them all up in 2 attempts and still do not kill the boss you are probably screwed as the damage is just stupid with all of the adds + the boss. I did learn that if you leave the dungeon and it resets you will have to clear all the trash again and 1st boss but you will at least get the 4 emergency items on the walls available to try again. I always make sure I have a good feel for those bosses before I use the emergency items on the walls to kill adds.

Shivermaw is probably the 2nd hardest boss I've fought on Heroic. Its very punishing for slow DKs. It has Breath (slows), AoE frost circles to dodge (also slow) and it has a tail whip stun (typical dragon) and it does a large knockback on the primary tank target. During the AirPhase you get marked with Frigid winds 15+ second debuffs that also slows (surprise surprise!) that will damage others within 8 yards so you must get to the top of the stairs (which will cause you to stack for a few seconds as multiboxer due to using follow to move around) then quickly spread out while the debuff is ticking and survive until the frost bomb lands. If you don't get to the top in time your toons will take a large ammount of damage and be frozen in an iceblock, ala Sindragosa in ICC.

FYI - Violet Hold has a static boss lineup each week on mythic so you can find out what bosses to expect before you attempt it. On heroic and normal it's random but may be the same each day until reset.

Most people Fear Cordana on Heroic/Mythic. I think Vault of the Wardens is one of the Easiest Dungeons and fastest for a 5 boss instance. I killed her in 3 attempts on Mythic. The first was due to me not paying attention to where the 1st gap shimmer was. The 2nd one was awful wall gaps. She is actually quite easy provided you get decent mirror image wall gaps. Sometimes you have to move back and forth and have to quickly dodge a more recent spawning one before dodging the original one you set out to dodge. Make sure you watch for the shimmer that shows the gaps. Anyone can see this even without the Light of Elune. I find its best to not worry about the creep until you handle the mirror image wall as its far more deadly! I always make sure I zoom my camera out so I can see all the shimmers as they appear. It is no fun missing the shimmer and moving your toons along the death wall trying to find the gap and realizing it was on the very far edge of the opposite side. I bet an all paladin team would be nice for this to ignore the end or beginning of a wall gap. I belive its 2-3 for the first one and 4 for the 2nd gap. She seems to be time based so you will probably be close to killing her after you dodge the walls for the second time and she is able to also be damaged during the 2nd wall gap dodge.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 09-19-2016 at 03:12 PM

I hit 110 yesterday on my paladins and have cleared 6 dungons, wiped a few times to various bosses ( never trash.. yet ) And my biggest lesson was..HTF do you do these on Mythic!?!?! Made me respect those of you doing the dungons on higher difficulty. BUT! i had a blast and am proud that i can at least do normal's lol!

/respect!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Good stuff.

It will be interesting to hear how different your team feels after tomorrow when the hotfix is applied, but I'm hoping it won't be all that different.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I hit 110 yesterday on my paladins and have cleared 6 dungons, wiped a few times to various bosses ( never trash.. yet ) And my biggest lesson was..HTF do you do these on Mythic!?!?! Made me respect those of you doing the dungons on higher difficulty. BUT! i had a blast and am proud that i can at least do normal's lol!

/respect!
    For even getting started on mythic, I would recommend getting the third relic and at least 830 iLvl. I did some of the easier ones before that, but only because they are much easier. (and this was before the incoming nerf, im not sure how much iLvl we will need to compensate for tomorrow).
    With a team of 5 paladins you pretty much need to stay on top of it all the time. Mess up to some AoE, or fail the healing (either group heal or tank, with the only heal we have) the characters will start to drop.
    I have not used any of the new flasks, and none of my gear is enchanted. But when a specific attempt starts to look good, I may pop my war drums (heroism) just to lower the chance of anything going wrong in the remainder of the encounter. The drums are a WoD recipe for LW, pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Good stuff.

It will be interesting to hear how different your team feels after tomorrow when the hotfix is applied, but I'm hoping it won't be all that different.
    Yea...I'm a bit worried about Mythics after the tank and Light/Hand of the Protector nerfs. I'll compare the record kill timers from last weeks mythics to this weeks mythics and see how it is. I think darkheart thicket will be the perfect starting mythic to see how this nerf will affect the 5x tank comp and would be a good candidate to see how far I can get in Mythic+.

Reading the wow forums people are claiming the damage nerf is more than 10%. I'm hoping blizzard releases the exact % of each tank ability nerfed in some kind of a patch/hotfix notes. It's really going to suck for tanks that have a significant portion of their self-healing and mitigation tied to their damage output like DKs and DHs since these nerfs double dip in a way.

I literally...just unlocked my 2nd golden relic slot that gives me an absorb shield for 5x my disease damage after vampiric blood expires which I can use about every 50 seconds to a minute. I don't expect it to be much on a boss but on a large trash pull it will be a significant absorb.

I may have to wait until the weekend to make a few of the videos. Making gold, doing world quests and running a mythic or two takes up nearly all of my evening after work.