Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default What next after 110 to tackle mythic?

Hey! I just dinged 110 yesterday with my DH vengeance and 4 x Priest disc. I then tried Hall of Valor (first boss down), Maw of Soul (first boss down) and the Vault (nothing), all in normal, just to see how hard it was. I've been shocked by the amount of damage that my characters had to deal with. All my characters are ~ilvl 776. That being said I have two questions:

1) Is it normal to struggle with that iLvl in normal mode? I didn't have any difficulty finishing the 4 pre-110 legion dungeons at 100, 104 and 108. I can clearly feel a difference at 110 tho. Is it an iLvl problem or a composition that is not ideal?

2) I have Azshara and Suramar to finish. On what should I focus next? I was thinking avoiding dungeons and do Azshara, Suramar then second artifact. Should I also focus on a profession? I also plan to do the missions with the companion app.

Thanks!

Might just be your low ilevel. I managed my entire team around 805 in just one day without having to buy anything in the AH. Get two pieces of 800 free then just do world quests, alot of 800+ item drops.

edit:
    Also check reputation vendors every time you go up a reputation level. I remember just basic questing in Suramar and you can buy an 800 ilevel item.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 09-16-2016 at 06:38 PM

Got it, thanks for the data point. I'll bump my team to 805 and give another try.

My druid team is 839 and i still have some trouble with some normal bosses like serpentrix in eye, but i can do heroic darkheart thicket with no problem
    I speced them all guardian as i can rotate taunts and heals
    I would do world quests as they have been my priority and as your gear gets better so does the rewards from the world quests and also do the artifact quest for your third slot

Thanks for your data point. Yeah I tried the Eye and down all the bosses except... Serpentrix. I can't wait to know if there is an easy strategy or an iLvl after which it becomes easy. Agree, world quests seem to be my best bet to go over 800 iLvl.

Blog Entries

Don't ignore the world bosses, I picked up the 860 cloak yesterday. Horde raid was killing it so I just tagged it and bam, new cloak
    My Blog: SRS Business

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    Don't ignore the world bosses, I picked up the 860 cloak yesterday. Horde raid was killing it so I just tagged it and bam, new cloak

I killed a world boss, a dragon, forget the name. It was also a epic world quest for 600+ gold. There were about 40 or so of us there killing it and many wiped multiple times before he was down.

But it didn't drop any loot at all, for none of my 5 toons.

Interesting, it seems pretty random actually.

Don't worry, I have only just cleared the normal difficulties for all the dungeons on my shammies and I am 834 ilvl, it is a struggle. The party damage you can take is insane (the low ele shammy dps doesn't help either lol)
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer