Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Is 10% really that bad?
    For a single player not at all, for the multiboxer with Pally/DH it's huge with their specific nerfs - longer fights less healing. As John said it was expected, when 5 tanks can roll through dungeons like nothing when it's new content something is about to change

I was doing mythics last night on my solo feral Druid.. we had a bm Hunter in the grp and we got his pet to help offtank.. took a lot of heat off the undergeared Pally tank... and the pets didn't do too badly. I think Hunters x3 or even 4 - failing that 3 with a tank - also a highly mobile Druid healer (or Disc if you want that extra dmg) could really work out well.

Pet would be even better in tank spec - they still have an 80% AOE damage taken reduction - so would be nice on trash. I feel a new Gnome team coming on...
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-17-2016 at 05:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Is 10% really that bad?
    Pali tanks also get a reduction in self-healing. And I believe all the other tanks have self-healing and mitigation based on their damage output. Such as DK Death Strike. So a 10% damage output reduction trickles down to make them a lot more squishy.

the 10% damage nerf hurts everyone but doesn't affect paladins that much, paladins got nerfed on their healing directly. i just consider the 10% damage nerf a 15 ilvl nerf. and the healing nerf... meh.

consider all the DR and healing we have. there's eye of tyr, shield of the righteous, kings, ardent defender, and blessing of sacrifice. its amazing how many people don't even use this skill. on a team of prots the caster is always a tank himself, this means the main tank can have a free 30% DR for 50 seconds. with the trait that leaves you with just 40 seconds of down time!

and for healing we have light of the protector, light of the titans, 4x healing consecration 1x healing judgement shield from bulwark and good old flash of light.

not to mention we can soft reset the encounter with divine shield in case we screw up or feel like ignoring a mechanic.

and if all else fails, just change two prots to holy and power heal anything. the only fight where we are screwed is the vampire lady on the dalaran dungeon... the mythic version is an absolute pain... best i could do was 30% hp left before everyone was MCed. :/ now with this nerfs if we get that boss, we simply can't do the instance.

also 7.1 will redesign first avenger buffing our single target damage by a LOT.

this change does make 4x ret + prot even harder to do. i don't even think its viable any more. the main tanks takes just too much damage and the ret trait tree is a nightmare to navigate, so maybe later on the expac.

and as far a hunters go, a hunter team can't do the instances. the problem is that every instance has unavoidable group damage and hunters have two skills for healing on long cds... even with spirit pets there's just too much incoming damage. also some trash casts really annoying DOTs and will usually end up with the hunter dying while trying frantically to eat something, its pretty ridiculous. so you either die or spend one of the long CDs and then end up with down time before boss pulls.

and this is on normal modes... heroic is even harder and mythic is impossible without healers.

once we get legendaries then things change dramatically. the healing pants + head piece make hunters healing monsters.

Tanks now take 25% more damage from other players.

I'm not sure if this is only for instanced pvp or out in the world. I'm logging in now--I'll report back.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Tanks now take 25% more damage from other players.

I'm not sure if this is only for instanced pvp or out in the world. I'm logging in now--I'll report back.
    The way its worded I think it applies everywhere. Because right after they say that they say they have increased tanks stamina in instanced PvP.

I have rolled x2 BM and x2 Destro Locks with a Holy Priest healer.. only levelling atm but usually I would have a few issues in Stratholme.. but it went really fast pulling more than one pack.. before doing that would be at least a partial wipe.

I'm not fussed with mythic, but I just want a good solid easy to play farming legendary group.

I have also made all 5 of them Herbalists with Alchemy.. the Alchemy trinket is nice for the extra flask times and bigger healing pot heals.

Edit: Changed to x4 Bm with Holy Priest because locks suck on high movement fights
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-24-2016 at 09:49 AM

What are you doing to farm legendaries with that group? As far as I know its only dungeon bosses and world treasure boxes that have a chance to drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    What are you doing to farm legendaries with that group? As far as I know its only dungeon bosses and world treasure boxes that have a chance to drop it.
    They don't have to be mythic bosses.. they can drop from any Legion dungeon boss... they can even drop before you hit level 110 - but you can't use them till max level.