Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Suramar

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    It is, search Pathfinder in the achievements. That's one of the requirements for flying. I find with the whistle it's not really needed though.
    That's a really good point! Beats the flying issue when I box more than 2 toons with them vanishing due to phasing.

Do all toons get taken to the same flight path?

They do if you're in the same spot

I do love the whistle, but it would be nice to be able to fly directly to WQs and avoid being dazed etc. Plus, leveling alts will be much more gank-free with flying.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Thankfully I only play on a pve server

Surumar is very very worth it as far as artifact power and progression goes to unlock the last two mythic dungeons. It is a fairly long zone probably takes 2-3x longer than the other quest zones with some of the quest chains gated by rep. Don't give up, just tackle the quest lines a section at a time and then come back another day to do more.

I don't use the disguises unless they are required for a quest. I find its better to just run through it and if you get dazed or too many mobs just dismount, murder, loot and mount back up. Too many annoying stealth detectors to keep hitting that disguise.

I did each of the quest lines staggered. If my artifact research was close I would hold off and wait until I had 50% and then 90%. I believe one of those quests chains gave me nearly 3000 artifact power at 90% artifact knowledge from one of the rewards and several 2000-2500 ones.

My toons are currently around 5000/21000 towards exalted. I use the manaseeker shoulder enchants that are from being honored with the nightfallen. These give a chance for you toons to loot Mana-Tinged bags that can contain around ~100-300 Ancient Mana and can contain thinks like potions and enchanting mats. I've even gotten a few of the chaos crystals that sell for over 1000 gold on my server probably 10-15 times from the bags.

As far as utilizing the manaseeker shoulder enchants go, anytime I have to go to the mean elite east side of Suramar (under the Twlight Vineyards near the water) to do a world quest I make sure to round up 15-30 of the elites and AoE them down in a big ass storm of glory. I typically do this from my paladin then bubble and run into a house so it LoSs and brings all the mobs inside and I use my gorefiends grasp and arcane torrent to silence and clump them together. I may lose a few toons in the process but its worth it. I honestly thought about this as a good area to farm. I divided the area into a few quadrants and to do the entire market area and they will respawn before I clear the area out. I've done over 300 million AoE total damage done on some of these pulls. I get a lot of cloth, high liquid gold, and lots of greens in this area. On my best pull I managed to get about 160 ancient mana, ~70 gold, 4-8 greens, 15-25 cloth per Toon and sometimes 1-2 mana bags every 2-3 pulls. I can farm about 2000 mana in 40 minutes to an hour at this location.

When I'm out of mythic dungeons, ran heroic daily and finished my world quests I may hang out in this spot. I think If I went hardcore on it I could make a tremendous amount of gold there.

I'm currently capped at 2000 on my toons and only spend mana to feed my crack elfs every day. There are various buffs you can keep refreshing to help you farm and do world quests in that zone.

I do not do the withered training scenario just because I'm not in a big rush to get exalted as the rewards are not that great especially when the majority of my toons have 845+ shoulders. Certain classes are better at that scenario than others namely tanks and classes with lots of stuns and interrupts. If you do it correctly you can get 400+ rep a day just from doing it. It also gives decent amount artifact power but I find there are much better uses of my time, as a multiboxer, than running 5 individual scenarios a day when I can just run a heroic daily and get the same amount of artifact power in 15-20 minutes. Still, it drops a few hidden artifact appearances and a mount so I'll probably have to tackle it someday.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 09-19-2016 at 03:56 PM

For the withered training, I dont really even try, I just get it over as quickly as possible. The rewards always seem about the same no matter what I do.

I just run straight towards the nearest big chest, have 5 withered carry it back, then die. Its over quick, get plenty of rep and a bonus chest each time.

There is a bug atm (at least on eu) where you get dc'd in training then lose all your mana, and the quest goes back on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    If you do it correctly you can get 400+ rep a day just from doing it.
    It's actually a world quest on a 72-hour cooldown. When you get your first attempt at it it isn't a world quest, but after that it is. Which is why you will see it again immediately after finishing it the first time around, but then not again until the WQ comes off of its 72-hour cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    There is a bug atm (at least on eu) where you get dc'd in training then lose all your mana, and the quest goes back on cooldown.
    Has Blizzard acknowledged that it's a bug, or that the behavior will be changed? I mean... it does suck to get disconnected and then lose your shot at it, but... don't get disconnected.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

It's an actual bug they are working on.. I made a ticket and was told it's a known issue, and it appeared on their breaking news info.

I really don't like doing the starter quests for this zone, it feels like such a chore when boxing. Single character I'm fine with it.

edit: I'm not there yet, but I bet you could just plant one slave in each building in the the vineyards and make mana much faster (as long as you are not on a super busy realm). They respawn somewhere in the vineyard almost instantly. Solo character I can get 2000 done in about 5-8mins, depending on how many people are there.
    Last edited by Multibocks : 09-20-2016 at 11:01 AM

I can confirm that at least 20 characters can loot from a mana item on the ground. The loot window will keep popping up if you spam interact-with-mouseover, but they do loot it in the first few seconds. I just go to the vineyards and hang around the twice-fortified table for 10 minutes and fill up.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."