Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default New to WoW boxing, any tips?

Hi everyone, I just started to play WoW and am an avid multiboxer, and was going to to start 5 boxing WoW. I was wondering what class composition is preferable or if it matters much. I was reading that 5 prot pallys might be good? I was also wondering if battlegrounds gear is good to try to get on them all or should I just do the story quest with them all. Any tips are appreciated, still learning the game.

If i could be bothered leveling a team to 110 again it would be 5 prot pallies or 4 DK 1 pally
    I got 2 teams at 110, 5 druids and 1 DH, 3 hunters and a priest, while doing pvp missions i quickly relised that tanks are unkillable and my 3 hunters and priest get WTFPWNED by 1 tank in under a second while my DH can melee with him for an hour till 1 of us get bored and walk away
    Also i would just do quests till you can open up World Quests which are great for artifacts and other things
    Also i wish i had of done artifact research earlier as this increases the artifact power you get per artifact

I'm leveling a 4dk, 1 pally team right now after seeing what it can do on Mythic. I'm just still trying to work out exactly how Xeneres and Davidmage controll keeping their melee in range. Do they bind their macro to include a Interact with Target hotkey, or just spam their assist/interact with target key frequently?

I'm currently leveling 5x prot pally and the only thing that has killed me is the elevator in High Mountain. You just tear through the content.

I would avoid BG's. Exp is horrible and loot is few and far between. Just quest and gear that way, boosted gear will do for first zone. Dungeon exp is bad too so it's not something you can really grind like in the past so just run them when you have a quest that takes you there. 100 to 110 is quick and just make sure you don't neglect the class hall quest line on the way to 110.

Thanks for the replys, is the 4 DKS 1 Prot for just dps over 5 Prot? Also is it worth it to tradeskill in WoW or just get them all different things? Do the gms get mad if you use isboxer?

Quote Originally Posted by luxum View Post
    Thanks for the replys, is the 4 DKS 1 Prot for just dps over 5 Prot? Also is it worth it to tradeskill in WoW or just get them all different things? Do the gms get mad if you use isboxer?
    I'm running the 5 x Prot because of the class halls this expansion. In my opinion it's easier to level all the same class and at 110 I can start switching up groups.

Tradeskills are definitely worth it, some more than others. I've decided to not worry about tradeskills until 110 just to speed up leveling the team but that's going to mean some back tracking so depending on how much I may regret that choice.

GM's have no issue with ISBoxer or multiboxing in general.

Since a few people had questions about my movement, setup and how I control my toons after watching my video I posted a guide here

Quote Originally Posted by luxum View Post
    Class Comp - It will be easier to handle the order hall with one class and I don't think having two classes is really a big deal so long as long as you don't have too many classes in your comp. I still believe the 4 dks + 1 paladin is the superior comp. They do more damage, have a battle rez, are more tanky and have the best gap closer for boxers (deathgrip).

I do like the paladin order hall vs the DK one since everything since everything so close and easy to get to. The DK one on the other hand... is an annoying split level with stuff divided evenly on the upper and lower level.

The order halls are not as taxing and involved as the garrison was and at this point I really only do missions and collect stuff once a day, after completing the order hall storyline. Of course as soon as you can get order hall research or artifact research missions you want to keep those timers rolling ASAP. I use the mobile app to tackle my garrisons, oops, I mean "order halls." It takes about 5-10 minutes for me to tackle it each time either in game or using the mobile app. Sure I may lose out on a bit of artifact power or follower experience and equipment upgrades but I hated the garrison and only hate the order hall slightly less. They can rename it and make a few adjustments to the mission UI but I'm still gonna call it what it is, which is garrison 2.0

If you are going to have any professions as a boxer IMO engineering is one of the best quality of life professions in the game. I love my Goblin Glider to Cloak and rocket boost. (Fun fact: if you use AMS on a DK and the rocket boosts leaks it will make you immune to the DoT as its a magic ability!) I make sure every toon I box has it. Then you can pair engineering with a gathering profession like mining. Mining is especially good with the changes to mining in legion and being that it is the start of the expac. Professions largely do not matter as far as character power go as they did in previous expansions.

I have 5x engi, 1x JC, 3x BS and 1x Inscript. Right now I don't care about professions that much but later in this expac I'll work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revith View Post
    I'm leveling a 4dk, 1 pally team right now after seeing what it can do on Mythic. I'm just still trying to work out exactly how Xeneres and Davidmage controll keeping their melee in range. Do they bind their macro to include a Interact with Target hotkey, or just spam their assist/interact with target key frequently?
    My key setup is Kinda similar..
    Lets just say it is the "3" key and when pressed it sends the
    /assist leader
    /iwt command to All [in melee action target group] w/o current
    Also my click to move toggle is handled via Jamba as i switch toons.
    [at least that is how I do]

*Edit Left out some stuff that may or may not have been key'ish
    Last edited by emitchell109 : 09-14-2016 at 05:47 PM

Hey again! I was wondering with professions is it useful to get the same things on multiple toons. Will they all be able to see the exact same mining and herb nodes for example or is it randomly generated on each toon. Sometimes I will see a different person go for the same node I am on but not all the time.

Generally you should make separate threads for separate questions. That makes them, as well as the answers easier to find for others who might have the same questions.

In any case: You see the same nodes on all toons in the same phasing. I have 5x gatherers in my group and pick up nodes on all of them as I go around questing. Each node gives the exact same amount of ore/herbs for each character, and with multiple toons mining/herbing you have a higher chance on getting the proc spawns that will net you additional ore/herbs.