Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15
    Blog Entries

I've not played Warcraft in quite a while, so my preferred class combinations aren't likely up to date.
    That said, classes which have multiple specs give you flexibility down the road.

A Paladin can be a healer, a tank, and a DPS.
    A Druid can be a healer, a tank (Bear), a melee DPS (Cat) and a ranged DPS (Moonkin).

Compare that to a Warrior who can essentially DPS or Tank, but not heal.
    Or to a Shaman who can melee DPS, range DPS, or heal, but cannot effectively tank.

That's not to say you cannot have fun with a Shaman or Warrior.
    And building a mixed team, even a team with completely unique classes, can be rather fun.

I had a blast with 5x Druids, which would level and primarily play as 5x Feral Cats.
    But they were rather fun in 40-man and world PvP as Restoration healers, occasionally... as a change of pace.
    That was back when you could run Alterac Valley for honor gear, which while not superb like Arena/Raid gear, was at least competitive.
    So they would have fairly decent gear for multiple specs.

My strongest PvE progression team was: 1x Protection Paladin, 3x Elemental Shaman (one of which would dual-spec to Restoration for more challenging content, or content earlier in an expansion when my gearing wasn't as strong), and 1x Warlock.
    The Warlock had a debuff, which would increase spell damage taken by a target; I would run Demonology spec, and their Felguard pet could off-tank a little or the Succubus/Fel-Puppy could be used to Crowd Control a little.
    The Shaman would place their forest of totems and then burn stuff down very quickly.
    Having a tank capable, heal capable and DPS toons allowed for Dungeon Finder; teams who lacked at least one healer and one tank capable toon, could not queue for the dungeon finder and would have to run around.

My most successful team in pvp was easily 1x Holy Paladin and 4x Frost Death Knight.
    That was during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and the following expansion to that.
    The DKs were blenders, doing moderate amounts of splash AoE damage in a short area around one target who would take fairly significant damage.
    The DKs had four class abilities, which would grant them a short duration immunity to knockback, freeze/root, etc..., and I'd click the debuff blocker that was appropriate for their opposition; these were all on short cooldowns, and frequently available.
    The Paladin was using Mosg2's burst heal macro... from his DK Manifesto, which was horribly mana inefficient but put out very impressive single target healing.
    The Paladin did nothing without a focus, but did their heal macro on my FTL DPS mapped key if they had a Focus set.
    I eventually started to level a second set of five accounts, planning to ten-box my combinations instead of five-box them.
    This team was going to expand for 3x Holy Paladin and 7x Frost DKs, but they never finished.
    Both DKs and Paladins were strong enough for Rated Arena 2s, and could cap out their weekly points for the better gear in an hour or so per toon, per week.

Two recommendations I'd give, for a newer player.

Play on a server with other multiboxers.
    Being a part of 'The Zerg' for about a year was immensely more fun than six years of playing on my initial server with the friends who moved to Warcraft from Everquest, and gradually dropped out of the game... new ones joined sure, but you can make new friends anywhere.
    Having 5 or 6 multiboxers online very regularly, almost daily, and having 10 others who were there sporadically was awesome.
    The guild was large enough to need three guilds for everyone... lots of members.
    I believe the fewest who were online at one time, in the year I played on that server, would have been my five and someone else's five.
    And everyone was interested in boxing, had their methods and suggestions.
    Lots of cool people.

Also take advantage of Recruit a Friend, and level up lots of combinations.
    It is easiest to go 5x class one, then 5x class two...

The more combinations you can level the better off you'll be down the road.
    What is amazing this expansion, might be nerfed into the ground next expansion.
    And something that you have no initial interest in, may be the class/combination to have down the road.
    More options is better than fewer options.

Trade skill abilities on cooldowns can be rather beneficial too.
    I had/have 37 alchemist characters, each capable of the daily transmute of the last expansion I played.
    Basically buy (cheaper to farm, quicker to buy) ingredients on the auction house.
    Have that character mail them to each party leader.
    Log the leader on, with their team, gate to bind and get the mail.
    Have the others summon the leader to the dungeon entrance.
    In Cataclysm, the air transmute was worth the most, and doing the transmute in a specific zone could force the result to be air (another zone for Fire, Water, and Earth, and totally random everywhere else).
    Distribute the mats, do the combines, gate out and mail them to the AH mule.
    Repeat every day.

That was a very easy and amazing source of income.
    20 to 30 minutes a day.
    More gold then doing an hour (each) of dailies on three different five-box teams.

During RAF get yourself a bunch of teams.
    Play your first group up... all Paladins or Druids, or something else you enjoy that includes at least one tank.
    Play the group to maximum level, not just to the point where RAF ends.

Then use character on the root of the RAF chain.... A > B > C & A > D > E....
    Use the 'A' character to 'boost' later teams.
    This is a tank, in tank spec, ideally with AoE dps like Consecrate or a Point-Blank AoE spell.
    The tank clears a bunch of stuff by aggroing lots of stuff and killing them sort of close to the lower guys.
    Then the group moves up, and the tank pulls the other half of the dungeon almost to the group, and then kills everything.

If your Paladin is boosting say four Shamans, and you go to level 60 (or whatever the RAF stops at now).
    Then you have four level 60s, one each on BCDE.
    You have two RAF chains, each linked out from Account A.
    So both B and D can grant 30 levels (to a toon who is lower than they are).
    So you make a Shaman (level 1) on A, and have the Shaman from B grant them levels up to 31, and then the Shaman from D grant them levels up to 60 (you can grant a level as a 60 to a 59).
    So even though you use a booster, to boost four characters, you end up with the same level character on the booster account too.

Boosting is faster than questing.
    But mix it up to keep it interesting.

Level/Quest your first group outdoors.
    Boost a second group in dungeons/instances.
    Boost a third group in different dungeons/instances.
    Do an outdoor boost, to keep it fresh.

Take breaks from boosting/grinding the level up.
    That is a section of the game that can get old.
    You have three months for Recruit a Friend; while you want a lot of options, you also want to enjoy the game and not get burnt out.
    After 2 or 3 teams, maybe take one of those teams and do battlegrounds for honor gear.
    Then boost another team.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 09-30-2016 at 04:48 PM
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

If you are creating 5x brand new accounts, I would strongly suggest doing a RAF circle.

See my guide here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...nutes-with-RAF

I prefer the trinity roles. Not a pure tank group. So I went with Warrior ( PROT ) + Monk ( MW ) + 3 * Hunter ( BM ).

The logic was pretty simple. I wanted the most mobile group I could get as movement is always a big deal in WoW. The benefit of 3*BM brings a ton of AE damage when it matters and on boss fights, while it is slower than other specs, excels at being able to move and shoot at the same time.

The MW is also the most mobile healer out of combat. Having the ability to pull and to be able to port to the tank when absolutely necessary. Such as picking up soft touch adds and then mistwalking to the tank.

It takes some effort to work out a config but the idea is to have role movement. Whereas your normal WASD becomes shift+WASD for tanks, alt+WASD for range, ctrl+WASD for all. Something to that effect. Then moving range when needed, moving tank when needed, etc. Monk can handle a lot of movement, too but lacks behind resto shaman and resto druid when it comes to movement healing. Though I don't use mist wrap talent I imagine healing on the move can work if you do that.

Another good group would be to swap the prot war and the mw monk for a guardian and resto druid. Same reason - mobility.
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 10-01-2016 at 04:34 AM

Is the Zerg still alive?
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Is the Zerg still alive?
    It still exists and a couple people play, no multi-boxers though. We haven't really been active since they nerfed /follow in battle grounds and killed off oQueue, which Tiny created ( co-guild master ).
    Last edited by daanji : 10-02-2016 at 05:37 PM