Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Post Old School Raids for GOLD

Most of the old raids gold loot got nerfed pretty hard, so this is what each raid will give you. Did this solo with a prot pally, around 810 ilvl. This will help you decide if you want to run each toon through solo or as a group.

Times include travel time and I did each raid back to back. I'll edit as I complete more. The gold+loot is what you get after selling all the items that drop off the bosses as well as the actual gold. So running these 5 raids gave me 4425g total.

RAID - GOLD - GOLD+LOOT - TIME
    Dragon Soul 25H 6 Bosses
    426 1051 0:20
    Firelands 25H
    494 1417 0:18
    Blackwing Descent 25H
    470 961 0:13
    Bastion of Twilight 25H
    375 769 0:13
    Throne of the Four Winds
    135 227 0:09
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Thats not bad money for the time spent! However, there is so much gold flowing out of the broken isles, its hard to not just go do world quests and kill mobs in mass. My first team to 110 had 25k each or so when they hit 110, just from quests and looting. The mats for trade skills are still selling for a good amount, i made another 100K selling the herbs I gathered otw up as well.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

[edit] Nevermind...reading is hard.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-13-2016 at 04:13 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    That also doesn't account for travel time getting there.
    2nd paragraph, first 4 words

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    2nd paragraph, first 4 words
    /facepalm

Knew I shouldn't have gotten outta bed this morning. :P
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    /facepalm

Knew I shouldn't have gotten outta bed this morning. :P
    All good my man, I ran the timer from when i was in the city, and stopped it once i hearthed out of the raid. I started the timer for the next run straight after, even while i was still repairing and selling the loot to the vendor, so the times are pretty generous.

I havent run those raids in awhile but somehow I dont think you are going to get 4k per toon...or even 2k per extra toon you bring. Doesnt seem like boxing it is going to give you much of an increase versus running it multiple times with different alts and getting 4k per different toon you use would give you. /shrug

I have had nights of leveling where I simply sold 1.5k in trash to the vendor with the new loot system honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    I havent run those raids in awhile but somehow I dont think you are going to get 4k per toon...or even 2k per extra toon you bring. Doesnt seem like boxing it is going to give you much of an increase versus running it multiple times with different alts and getting 4k per different toon you use would give you. /shrug

I have had nights of leveling where I simply sold 1.5k in trash to the vendor with the new loot system honestly...
    Did you even read it? No need to think how much extra toons might get if you brought them along instead of running solo, I showed you already, it's about 1900g. If you ran solo 5 times, you would get ~22125g, if you 5 man boxed it, you would get ~12025g.

You guys don't need to tell me how easy to get gold in broken isles is, I know. This isn't a thread to convince people to drop everything and go farm old raid content. This is just information for those wondering if it's still viable.

Thank you for the info Valkry!

I do appreciate you taking the time to get this information for us. Running those with multiple teams would produce some great gold..I'm sure down the road when I'm low on gold ( after I buy the spider mount for 2 mil lol ), this will be a good way to get some money back in the bank fast. Sorry I'm my first response was less thoughtful! Thank you for this!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )