Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default My Legion Team - Darkheart Thicket Mythic

I've said that with Legion I will expand my multiboxing setup, and create a mixed team with a designated tank, healer etc. But as I and more of us have discovered, 5 tanks can perform very well in the Legion dungeons. Currently protection does fair dps, as compared to Ret which is just bad. They are also very much fun.
    Well I guess this is kind of new to me, focusing on surviving and managing mechanics, instead of just killing the boss instantly.

This is my first mythic in Legion. ILvl of my chars is around 828. I hardly know the tactics and the only ability looked up after my heroic run was the grip on second boss.

If I remember right I did not wipe on any boss. So I learned how to handle each boss during the encounter.
    First and last boss were no problems. Third boss was a nice challenge.

Second boss caught me off guard. I had set up some macros to give the talented Blessing of Spellwarding to the grip target.

It would probably have worked to rotate 5 times with the 30 sec forbearence, if not I could just switch tank.
    However, as the first grip came I noticed that the boss stopped targeting the main tank grip target, making my macro cast on the wrong character. But now I don't think this talent mitigates the damage after seeing that not even Divine Shield stopped it.
    Anyway as I adapted to the fight I could minimize the overall damage taken, to save some heals for the grip target to get through even with fewer heals available.

Overall this team performs fairly well. The only problem is to get a good balance of how the healing should be done. Sometimes the aoe is just so big that every char needs the heal for itself, leaving the bosses current hit target vulnerable.
    Defensive cooldowns has to be rotated just to save either the tank or the group with the limited healing. So the room for error is minimal. For example on Dresaron things are looking kind of grim when I accidentally spawn some smaller dragons. Divine Shield saved that, and I was lucky that the team was not affected by forbearance then.
    Last edited by davidmage : 09-13-2016 at 04:15 PM

Good stuff. It seems that everyone is just plowing through normal and heroic, and cruising right on into mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    ILvl of my chars is around 728.
    Is that a typo? Did you mean iLvl 828? I think you'd have to ignore equipping any Legion BoE greens or quest rewards in order to have an iLvl of 728.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Is that a typo? Did you mean iLvl 828? I think you'd have to ignore equipping any Legion BoE greens or quest rewards in order to have an iLvl of 728.
    ya it was he did the same on youtube that i made a comment about

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Good stuff. It seems that everyone is just plowing through normal and heroic, and cruising right on into mythic.

Haha yes that was a typo. Doing it with that iLvl would have been a different kind of challenge

My second Legion video: Black Rook Hold Mythic:

The 2 first bosses are the hardest, just get past those and it's a done deal.
    I was getting a bit annoyed on the Amalgam of Souls, the slaves kept getting hit by the deadly AoE. So instead of practicing and getting the rhytm right, I decided to leave the slaves behind and solo the boss.
    That fight is easy to solo, just as long all boss mechanics are avoided. Being hit just once by the Reap Soul will do a lot of damage and increase damage taken for 15secs. Getting that while self healing is a problem. I remember getting hit once, I bubbled it away.

Second boss is a challenge. Handling the summoning of the 2 adds is crucial. And the regular phase is also intense because of hard hits and troublesome AoE on the floor.
    The 2 last bosses were easy. Except for the first attempt on last boss. He had a smart ability to disconnect my whole team when he is about to lose, not cool.

How are your pallies specced?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    How are your pallies specced?
    talents.PNG

For the 90 talent only my main has Judgement of Light, the rest has Consecrated ground.

In Darkheart Thicket I skip the optional boss Dresaron and the rest are just easy tank and spank.

Died a few times on Dresaron then gave up. I can tell its possible to down him, I was just getting frustrated and skipped him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    In Darkheart Thicket I skip the optional boss Dresaron and the rest are just easy tank and spank.

Died a few times on Dresaron then gave up. I can tell its possible to down him, I was just getting frustrated and skipped him.
    Yeah, did another run after the weekly reset. For the second boss I bound a LoH rotation for a specific target, and that fight was no problem.
    Dresaron is a pain, the aoe can do some damage if you don't avoid it fast. And getting blow into the eggs sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post

The trick with Dresaron is to know when the boss will do certain mechanics as all are avoidable and to try to stay in the center of the room. IWT will not put your toons in Dresarons' red targeting circle as you will be slightly out of range so you need to either guide your toons in with your main or use a slave movement key to make them move forward just a bit.

Dresaron will cast breath of corruption a few times before the down draft pushback. The breath is avoidable just stay close to the bosses and move your toons through her hit box.

During the down draft I try to keep my characters stacked and use my slave movement forward key instead of only IWT, as IWT will not get you close enough to her to continue dpsing. During that time I can typically sit in the bosses melee range and dps while it happens. You move faster than the pushback so I try to let up on my movement key when my toons are getting close to the middle of her hit box/targeting circle so they don't flip to the other side of her hitbox. Sometimes I mess up and have a few toons go to the other side but IWT will turn your facing so its not a big deal if you run through her, just be careful and watch that you aren't using a movement key and then going WITH the winds and get pushed into eggs.

After the down draft, she will always cast the falling rocks. I find its best to have your toons run in a circle along the outside of her hit box and to stay moving until it happens so when it happens you can get out of it faster. You don't want to run away too far in one direction because she will cast breath and it may take you too long to dodge the cone, if you are too far away from her.

After that its just rinse and repeat. You should never get knocked into the eggs. Make sure she stays in the middlish part of the room and always have a plan to avoid the breath. If there is too much falling rocks or you are too close to the edge of the room simply move the boss (preferably after a breath) so you have more room to work with.