Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Aggressive Looting

This is something that's been going on for awhile now, and I can't figure it out.

Some of my teams will loot, but things will get 'caught' and only loot on a toon or two. usually this will happen on items that everyone is trying to loot, such as a quest item. The toons that don't loot sit there with the loot window open and you can either cause the window to close (jump, for example) and retry, but items might snag again, or you can click the item to loot it.

Other teams loot aggressively, meaning that they will reliably loot everything. Something, such as the quest item, will start to snag, but they will end up getting it, almost as if they are retrying to pick up that item in a strobing fashion until everyone has it and the loot window closes.

I really like option two. It makes gameplay much faster, and I don't have to continually broadcast my mouse to click loot to actually get it to loot. I use Jamba and ISBoxer, and I'm guessing there is something in one of them, but I haven't been able to find any difference between teams that do this, and teams that don't. If anyone knows what might cause this, I'd really appreciate the information.
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

Round robin your IWT / loot macro. It's a race condition. It sometimes happens with random players in the world but we hit the issue every time because we loot all at once. Once you add a couple ms between interacts it goes away.

Please excuse the terrible video. I'm no expert with this sort of thing, but it gets the point across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97FS...ature=youtu.be

In that video there is one single keystroke. In ISBoxer the key is set to assist and broadcast to all characters. In WoW itself this key is set to interact with target. I use this key to loot, interact with targets (quest givers, vendors) or simply auto attack for slow dps. This is the same keymap I use for all of my teams, but some of them such as these DH will loot everything consistently.

This is what i'm trying to duplicate.

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"

I figured it out!

Through trial and error, I discovered this: Jamba continues to live up to its tag line of 'The Awesome Multi-Boxer Assistant' in ways we weren't even aware of.

In Jamba, go to Team -> Advanced Loot -> and at the top check both Enable Advanced Loot and Manage Auto Loot.

I don't know what wizardry is going on behind the scenes, but one click of the interact button, and everything loots 99% of the time. This of course works not just on corpses, but looting containers or nodes as well.

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 0013 View Post
    I figured it out!

Through trial and error, I discovered this: Jamba continues to live up to its tag line of 'The Awesome Multi-Boxer Assistant' in ways we weren't even aware of.

In Jamba, go to Team -> Advanced Loot -> and at the top check both Enable Advanced Loot and Manage Auto Loot.

I don't know what wizardry is going on behind the scenes, but one click of the interact button, and everything loots 99% of the time. This of course works not just on corpses, but looting containers or nodes as well.
    This fixed it for me too, thank you so much. I had given up on looting with all 4 chars lol.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

I figured it out!

Thank you! I couldn't figure this out either.

I figured it out!

Thank you so much for highlighting this, looting was getting difficult with 5 chars

Advanced looting also solved it for me too. Jamba is amazing.