Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Actual World PvP Experiences

I figured the other thread was pretty much obsolete since we can actually play the classes to 110 now.

So far, if you're not a tank, you're dead. I can't believe how much more survivable they are compared to DPS, plus they actually do great damage. I'm expecting there to be some sort of nerfs... Probably not going to the template system in WPvP, but something.

Anyone else?
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I figured the other thread was pretty much obsolete since we can actually play the classes to 110 now.

So far, if you're not a tank, you're dead. I can't believe how much more survivable they are compared to DPS, plus they actually do great damage. I'm expecting there to be some sort of nerfs... Probably not going to the template system in WPvP, but something.

Anyone else?

something is so wrong atm, mods just hit so hard tanks don't do - tanks one shot my whole team with 2.5M hp don't die its unreal how the game has gone.

Wish I could comment on my team, but I can only solo play. Once they figure out my accounts I'll be trying a team of hunters in pvp. Hope it doesn't suck.

If only they had some sort of testing period where they could watch how the game plays and fix the numbers/balance it out.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Mind still blown by how tanky actual tanks are out in the world. With sixteen characters beating on a tank it still takes me between 6-30 seconds to kill one--While they're stunned, no less.

I'm having a hard time imagining this isn't going to get 'fixed' by Blizz. Should probably pick a non-tank class to level. Sigh.

Suggestion:

Do not take the Death Knight Honor level 10 ability Blood for Blood. It causes your Heart Strike to do 50% more damage, but also cost 10% of your HP.

You can't deselect talents, so now I'm stuck with it until Honor level 28. FML.

Pro-tip: You can find LOTS of enemy players at the Emissary turn-in NPC for that day. Eeeeeeeeeeeveryone has to head to him/her to get their daily cache.

I have found that the Eye of Azshara (the southernmost island - Place where the dungeon takes place but not actually the dungeon) world quests are an excellent hot spot for world pvp in addition to the few PvP world quests that allow you to stay in party. The Eye of Azshara world quests are typically multi day elite world quests so they are up most of the time. The mobs are equal in health to heroic/mythic trash mobs so the quests typically require a group, so you will often see alliance making 5 man parties to tackle the quest and you can gank them.

I play on Stormreaver which is a horde dominated server and CRZ but I found that at times the alliance outnumbered us in that location so it wasn't as one sided.

The Tank damage nerf + specific nerfs to Prot Pallies and Demon Hunters should be interesting to see how much of a problem tanks are. I've Played a Prot Pally solo since launch and I've *never* felt like I was in any danger of dying out in the open world.

I thought they were going to launch the tank nerfs today, but apparently that didn't happen--Unless it went undocumented.

Open world, I still think tanks are just plain more efficient. You're trading 20% single target dps for probably 3-4 times the survivability.

I'm strongly considering a pure Druid team with everyone specced Feral DPS though. Mcwrathi and I have been bantering back and forth about them for a few days now, and they seem strong. Like, strong enough that you don't even need a healer. Certainly as bear tanks they wouldn't need healers (My Paladins are easily the weak link in my team out in the world).