Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 30

Just finished my first Heroic with the 5x Prot team. Darkheart Thicket. Was very simple, no change in strategy. I just had to be much more proactive with my heals and defensive cooldowns. The only time I wiped was on trash mobs when I pulled too many. All bosses killed on first try. Gear is item level 825, though, so not a huge upgrade.
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

Just finished DHT heroic as well.
    Piss easy.
    Most of the time I wasn't even watching the screen, just spamming DPS key and watching netflix. Even during boss fights. Once character died on second boss, after the boss died.

What ilvl/talents did you guys have for normals? I had some success in one dungeon yesterday (realised too late that not all of them had the faster self heal so that would have slowed me down)

For some reason Violet Hold is causing me problems, even just the portal protectors

are my talents. I should probably switch ret aura to spellwarding and judgement of light to consecrated ground on at least 4 of the paladins (consecration stacks, JoL doesn't).
    ilvl was around 800-810.
    In VH you should really kite the protectors away from their ground AOE. it hurts a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    are my talents. I should probably switch ret aura to spellwarding and judgement of light to consecrated ground on at least 4 of the paladins (consecration stacks, JoL doesn't).
    ilvl was around 800-810.
    In VH you should really kite the protectors away from their ground AOE. it hurts a lot.
    wow i thought for sure you would have Righteous Protector..it allows you to use LoP or HoP more often.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    My bear holds agro great.. hard to kill BUT DPS sucks so far. My prot paly is doing twice the dps of my rets at level 100 in invasion gear ( 700ish item level ). I hear blood DKs are grazy dps as well.
    From what I'm seeing n PvE, Ret Paladins hit like a wet noodle at the moment. You need a lot of haste to bring up their damage on single target, and even then it's laughable compared to something like a DH, Hunter, or Rogue. I'm playing one solo and at ~840 iLvl I can't keep up with anyone else with a comparable iLvl unless it's a huge pull where I can AoE like crazy, or I'm in a group without any of the above classes.

Simulations show Ret doing alright, but that's in full tier gear from what I understand, and nobody has any of that at the moment. I can't imagine what they feel like multiboxing right now in current-expansion normal/heroic dungeons, and, for now, I'd suggest Prot all the way.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks guys, my gear was a bit low but with a bit of tweaking I'm rolling through normals now. The gear world quests really help out.

Having the talent to make the heal castable on anyone is great, you can heal up the agro'd tank to save long cooldowns

Just hit 104 with my prots.. wish I had started them first. I have a team of druids at 110..but have not been able to clear a dungon with them..way squishy! Im also solo leveling a DH..he has been a blast! Im not sure if i will level the other 4 DHs or not, playing one solo is a lot of fun!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Cleared Violet hold yesterday. and its wasnt so hard. went way better with theese talents. 2.3.3.3.2.3.3 blessed hammer reduced damage alot.
    consecration healed enough for small groups..

i don't really trust blizzard will keep them this good for long, so thats whats putting me off leveling palas them right now.

Atm i don;t know what am going to do.