Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Advice: Prot Pally + 2 x Disc Priests + ? + ?

Hi All,

I've been playing Legion using boosted toons. My Pally and my 2 x Disc Priests have just got their class halls and now I need to decide what will fill out my 5man team.

I was going to use a Pally + 4 x Disc as I like the easy dps + healing combo of the Discs AND I was thinking levelling 4 of the same class would make it easier for the class hall quests. But from what I've read (?), this doesn't seem to be the case due to all of the solo scenarios.

If its not a significant time advantage apart from initial ISBoxer setup to run multiple of the same characters, I'd like to use a couple of different classes to balance out/optimise my party and experience more of the game (this will be my only party for a long while).

For the other two classes, I was thinking of:
    Option 1: Balance Druid (dps + heals) + destrolock (dps + soul stone)
    Option 2: Balance Druid + Frost Mage
    Option 3: Balance Druid + Elemental Shaman (can offspec to healer)

My goal is to get as far into the mythic dungeons as I can. I've been thinking hybrid classes that can dps and heal should (?) allow me to heal through some of the areas that might otherwise require more complex movement mechanics.

Question: Are any of the above options significantly more viable than the Pally + 4 Priests? Are there others I should consider?

I'm a relative beginner with multiboxing so any feedback is appreciated.

Hi,

What is your thinking on the 2x DISC? I am currently soloing a disc priest at 110.

How does atonement work for multiple priests? I'd imagine you still cant multi bubble the same person.

The way disc priests used to be with smart heals etc multiples seemed better, I am curious at the value of stacking them now.

Don't have much input on your DPS question yet, sorry.

Thanks!
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

If you go Ele Shaman then remember earthquake totem is a target aoe, as is healing rain and gift of the queen (artifact ability) should you make it resto.

I don't think disc priests are enough dps for mythics, and just one seems to be more than enough healing. I'd try to throw a fire mage in the mix, you really want things to die faster.

I'm running a frost mage, its the lowest DPS in the raid logs right now.

I don't think a fire mage would be good multiboxed dps, too reliant on a changing rotation and procs. Perhaps arcane mage or marksman hunter? I don't know enough about their rotations to really know.

A Bm Hunter does very well on a 1 button macro for single target, and another for aoe.. I don't take barrage though - I take murder of crows.