Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default New (used) Workstation Desk

We are doing renovations of a sort at my work. Company plans were to send this desk to the dumpster so I called dibs on it 2 years ago when the plans were announced. Well the day has come. I arrived for the overnight shift to see the desk half broken apart by the day shift mechanics.

We have 2 of these desks at different plants and this is the smaller one. The other desk has 2 more middle sections added because 2 operators use that one. This desk was a one operator setup. You can see there is a lot of extra wiring that needs to yanked out of there. Power, network, old security camera crap.

Shouldn't be too hard to reassemble in my basement. There is provisions for monitor mounts and I have plenty of mount arms and hardware to add to it. I am looking forward to getting it cleaned up and installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Blog Entries

Very nice, looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Any plans beyond getting it there and installed? IE are you going to be painting it at all or anything like that?
    My Blog: SRS Business

No plans to paint it. There is good paint on it now and if I class it up too much it will be out of place in my unfinished basement.

Blog Entries

lol, completely understood. It looks like it's in really good shape from the photos, so I'm not surprised if it doesn't need a touch up. Last time I did a recovered office desk like that though it was in rough shape, I had to do some work on it (filling and drilling, and definitely some paint). Hope you get some pics of it when it's done, that's a nice desk.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Hard to beat those solid commercial desks with lots of space. I have a cherry-top bow-front desk I bought in '97. I've moved enough that I've broken off all of the "twist-lock" pins that hold the side panels and kick-panel on, and have attached some 2x4 pieces to it to screw it back together, and it's still much, much more solid than most of the cheap Ikea crap you find at stores.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I wanted to update this thread as the project is almost done. The workstation is setup in the basement with 2 monitors, a tv and associated audio devices. I am moving my main gaming pc to a new case that is more appropriate for space management. Should be done this by this weekend and I'll have some nice photos to share.

I need to make up a good man cave too.

Here is the new case (TT Core P5) all ready for a leak test tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by moosejaw View Post
    Here is the new case (TT Core P5) all ready for a leak test tonight.
    Wow... are those radiators 120s or 140s (per section)? Isn't that a bit bold running 3-way SLI and an overclocked (I'm assuming) CPU on? My current water-cooling setup is complete overkill, but it had been recommended to me that I should plan for 240mm of radiator per component, since a supposed rule of thumb is 120mm can dissipate about 150W of heat.

I'm just interested to hear your experience in the area since I'm so new to the club.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology