Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Eve Online going free to play

https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/31/...-free-to-play/

Pretty surprised, will be interesting to see. Still not enough to bring me back though.

https://community.eveonline.com/news...to-eve-online/

Strait from the source.

Unfortunately, We can't say for sure how this will effect multiboxing yet, or If CCP will retain the trial account limitations that they currently have.

I suspect that they wont keep these restrictions, and seeing fleets of alpha accounts multiboxing will be a common sight. I know I will be making a lot more accounts if this is the case. Having even an alt mining venture is extremely valuable if you don't have to pay/plex for it.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 08-31-2016 at 06:01 PM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    https://community.eveonline.com/news...to-eve-online/

Strait from the source.

Unfortunately, We can't say for sure how this will effect multiboxing yet, or If CCP will retain the trial account limitations that they currently have.

I suspect that they wont keep these restrictions, and seeing fleets of alpha accounts multiboxing will be a common sight. I know I will be making a lot more accounts if this is the case. Having even an alt mining venture is extremely valuable if you don't have to pay/plex for it.
    I just can't see CCP not having a restriction on the free accounts. If they don't have a restriction at first I guarantee you they will within the first month.

If there is no restriction I'd re-install eve and start ganking again.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

As much as I'd love nothing more than to run 15+ Catalysts on Alphas, I hope they keep the same Trial accounts online at one time restriction.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    As much as I'd love nothing more than to run 15+ Catalysts on Alphas, I hope they keep the same Trial accounts online at one time restriction.
    c'mon, that would be boring

i hope they let us have infinite alpha accounts

our ventures and catalysts will blot out the sun

https://community.eveonline.com/news...ummit-roundup/

The CSM’s number one focus for Clone States matched the biggest concern from general player feedback: simultaneous Alpha clone logon must be limited. We agree and so we are planning to implement restrictions that keep any Alpha account from passing character select if another EVE client is already active. This will be true even if the other client is Omega. Bypassing these restrictions will also be a breach of the EULA and may lead to penalties and punishments and all that nasty stuff that our security team does if they catch you being bad.

There are two reasons to make this kind of restriction. The first and most obvious reason is the potential for abuse and exploitation. The second, which the CSM focused on heavily, is that we don’t want to create a situation where normal players feel obligated to run Alpha alts. It would be unfortunate if every player has to choose between running an alt (which isn’t necessarily fun) or feeling disadvantaged against players who do. We’ve been deliberately trying to remove this kind of system (see off grid links) and certainly don’t want to add a giant new version of it with Clone States.
    I was hoping to have some fun with alpha accounts, but this isn't a surprise.

The way they worded that post makes me wonder if they consider using multiple machines to log in as an "illegal" method of bypassing the limit.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    The way they worded that post makes me wonder if they consider using multiple machines to log in as an "illegal" method of bypassing the limit.
    I think everyone understands what they mean when they say "inappropriate use"