Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default New(?) phasing technology seen in pre-patch Legion

While doing the pre-patch quests for Khadgar, I noticed that the phasing technology becomes so advanced that /follow still sticks but characters all phased to their own instances. After talking to NPC and leaving, all characters instantly phase back to the same instance. I'm speechless!

Ye, I noticed that too. I would have to assume it's not actual phasing though, but simply making the other characters not render, while they are still there in the same phasing.

I think it's been amazing that they were able to instance the invasions without a load screen. Pretty impressive.

Do you know if this extends to the outdoor world in Legion or are we doing the phasing shuffle again?

I wonder if artifact quest lines are done using the same tech. might make running them a bit less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    I wonder if artifact quest lines are done using the same tech. might make running them a bit less painful.
    I'm wishing for the same thing! We will find out soon! very soon!!!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

With my hunter team, when phased I can still see all their pets just not them. Not really phased.

can they still follow though?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    can they still follow though?
    Yes.

There are two different types of phases. I don't know what to call them so will just call them fake phasing and real phasing.

In fake phasing its instant, no delay whatsoever. Its like you're still in the same instance except everyone but hunter pets are invisible. You cannot target anyone, but you can follow them, and also really weird you can trade with them, cast spells on them such as my Disc priest can still shield my invisible tank. Probably an oversight they will fix soon. I also checked and IWT works just fine.

In real phasing its just like what we are used to, for example entering an area where it changes based on what stage of a quest you are on. Wont help in this situation when its a solo quest because you're in a completely different instance and you cannot follow.

Edit: I will add that what I named fake phasing was the Khadjar quest line in Dalaran, and what I named real phasing was later in that quest line where we had to enter Ulduar.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 08-30-2016 at 02:04 AM

Ok thanks for the clarification!