Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default UI reloads when I switch toon focus.

Since patch 7 came out, whenever I change which toon has focus on my main screen it causes a UI reload. This did not use to happen. I don't think I changed anything in my setup. My 2 screens are different resolutions but that never mattered before. I am using hotkeynet to draw and position the screens.

Can anyone give any advice on why this is happening or how to stop it?

Thanks.

It's happening because your game clients are changing resolution in such a way that the game wants to force a reload of the UI. This isn't something that is new with patch 7.0, but I guess Blizzard decided to expand upon it—I imagine there's something new in the UI which requires this.

If you want to avoid it, then I assume you could always just set your game clients to be the same resolution, or, if they're not already, use resolutions with the same aspect ratio.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

If you are running the "follower" clients at a lower resolution to save CPU/GPU resources, that's not really needed. Take a look at the renderscale option, as outlined in this thread.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks, but I don't think it's a resolution issue. The resolution is set at custom. When I change it it goes back to custom when I restart the game client. When I have a single game client open and all add-ons disabled, the UI reload happens when I resize the screen. I.E. When I maximize or restore the game window.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecowboy View Post
    the UI reload happens when I resize the screen
    Is this not a resolution change??

Anyway, seems to be a regular occurrance for some people as evidenced by googling for "wow full ui reload on resize", and been occuring for a reasonable amount of time.