Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Addons

Default Addons

Hey all i found a post that some of you might find helpful about CPU usage with addons. Would be great for keeping the cpu usage down for boxing.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748725094

Not too many surprises on that list. Only ones I wasn't expecting to see were Bartender and bag addons. Sadly it doesn't list the actual hit each addon has on hardware, so I'm left wondering whether or not it's actually anything that really should even be considered. Atleast I fail to see how much of an impact something like Bagnon could actually have from the perspective of someone only running one client.

Interesting read though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Sadly it doesn't list the actual hit each addon has on hardware, so I'm left wondering whether or not it's actually anything that really should even be considered. Atleast I fail to see how much of an impact something like Bagnon could actually have from the perspective of someone only running one client.
    Exactly, there isn't much of a comparison and the person is usually saying something like, "Just use this add-on. I tested it, and it's better because I say so!" Well, what are these tests based off of so that others can run them too? Where's the data so that others can see it?

Either way, it should be fairly obvious that any add-on which needs to watch/read the combat log (e.g. DPS meters, raid add-ons, weak auras) and any add-on which needs to work with a lot of data (e.g. auction house and alt-related add-ons) are really the only categories that people need to watch out for when it comes to performance unless you're trying to play the game on an outdated potato.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology