Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Farming Section for Games ie:WoW

Hey Guys,

I am usually hanging around checking the forums when i get a chance at work and hadn't noticed(or couldn't find) a Farming section.

i see a few posts here and there about where to farm or what are we going to farm.

Just wondering if there will be any specific Forum section for farming where people can post their spots/bosses/instances etc they earn gold.

i have been playing beta and am planning on pretty much listing everything in legion that seem to be worth either farming or collecting and where from, just do not see a section to place it in so people can go straight to if they want to know.

All the information is out there on the web and most of the time it is usually solo farm stuff, boxing farms are not something the every joe bloggs takes into consideration due to the hate for them lol.

just an idea or question unless i've missed a section somewhere

The main problem with an entire sub-forum dedicated to something very specific is that there's rarely enough traffic to drive it and keep it active, and when we re-did the forum a year or so ago, we actually cut down and merged a few of the sub-forums for this exact reason. To be honest, and another mod can comment on this if they'd like, I doubt there'd be enough traffic in order for a farming sub-forum to barely push beyond one page throughout an entire expansion, and I think that's being very generous unless it's a super-ultra farming-friendly expansion. This is because people would just keep posting in the same few threads over and over since new farming spots rarely ever show up out of the blue (and even then people might just add to an existing thread).

However, I can see how the addition of such a sub-forum would make it easier for those to find threads for what others are doing to make money, but then again, if people properly tagged their threads which are related to farming, then the search would pick them up much better. I could see a mega-thread related to farming and making money for an expansion be sorta useful, but, as always, mega-threads just get overloaded with bullshit after awhile and become impossible for anyone to navigate who hadn't been reading it from the beginning, so they're generally frowned upon unless someone properly maintains all of the information in the first post (and I'm not volunteering for that).

Usually what happens is that someone creates a thread and asks something along the lines of, "How do I make money with my team?" and then a bunch of people chime in with what they're doing. What generally doesn't happen is that people just create a bunch of new threads to share what they're doing to make their money, because there can be competition and you usually make less money when there are more people playing in the same market as you are.

So, in this case, what's the right move? My personal vote would be for not creating a new sub-forum dedicated to farming, but rather ask people to properly tag their posts when they create them so that they're easier to find in a search. Again, a site administrator is more than welcome to comment on the addition of another sub-forum.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I've been putting all of my farming stuff in my blog. As MiRai mentioned sometimes people ask what to do or where to farm and in that case I'll have the info ready to post.

If you notice many of the farming threads they start out saying one thing, but with how quickly Blizzard fixes bugs and tunes things the threads quickly change and grow where the first posts are no longer correct. An example is the Legion Invasion thread for farming experience, they nerfed and buffed the invasions so much.

I don't know if thats in favor of a sub-forum or not but in a blog like setting it works as older posts gets hidden and newer posts stand out.

I say no don't see the point. Even a topic at the top would be hard to keep up to date gold framing happens so fast it can be over as soon as a powerful class.

Everyone needs and wants gold fast.

Love the idea of a central location to find boxer friendly farms but, I am not sure how feasible it is. Maintenance on those sorts of forum sections is a nightmare!

I think it´s better to use forum/pages that are for gold making they are more up to date - Like The Consortium forum - the maker of Tradeskillmaster addon - http://stormspire.net/forum.php and http://www.kujaswowgoldguide.com some times have some nice gold guide.
    Eonar - EU

reading the above i agree that it would be a lot to maintain.

My question was mostly due to a friend of mine who has watched me box and farm, he wants to get into boxing as he has just returned for legion after a few years off.

He asked about locations and that he could farm, i told him i would search around for a forum that he maybe able to join which would get him started and keep him upto date with anything he may need while learning.

i directed him to this site. After looking around i couldn't find anything more then random posts which is where the question came from.

i agree with MiRai that the tagging would of made it A LOT easier to locate such posts. If i didn't have a clue what all the farms were currently or had been in the past i would really not know what i was looking at, so the tagging seems like a great idea, I will have to remember that when posting in the future when legion releases as i was not aware of it.

@JohnGabriel i will have a look into the blog side of things.

@Tin that's an idea thanks, i was hoping to direct my friend to a multiboxing forum as a lot of other sites do not accommodate boxing as it is looked down on.
    (i still get called "botter" and always the funny one "reported: Hope you get banned") never gets old and good for a /lol in-game.

Thanks for the info. Cannot wait to see what you all have going on when legion is underway.

Cheers,
    Adam

Blog Entries

I would advise checking out the Consortium forums, it's a site dedicated to gold making.

http://stormspire.net/index.php

There are always some good ideas floating around there that can be exploited by someone with a whole group at their disposal. Farming the Charmed Bracelets for example during the Love is in the Air event gets pretty silly when you've got a full team going at it. If you find something and have questions with regards to the efficacy/viability while boxing you can always ask here. There may not be a whole lot of overlap necessarily between boxers and goblins, but there's more than you might think.
    My Blog: SRS Business