Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Few newb questions

hey guys, I am starting WoW again after a 2 year break and had a few newbish questions. I am wanting to start a 5 man multibox team to start, and likely just run the same class for simplicity sake. Currently I have a 100 DH and 95 hunter. With my DH my rotation consists of a ton of different skills depending on the situation and whatnot. How do you guys manage to run different classes? are you only using like 3 of the main skills on each character? Also do you guys buy the battlechest+ current expansion for each account or is there a trick to lessen the initial costs? I dont mind buying 4x more accounts, just dont want to spend the 70$ per acc (base game + legion) if it isnt neccesary. Lastly is there decent gold to be made while multiboxing or is it just for the joy and challenge of running multiple accounts.

Thanks guys!

Being so close to legion im not sure how to get the best deal when buying more acc.. just give raf a good thought before u buy so u benefits the most from it.
    running isboxer so u set up more spells on each char to do their thing.

Gold been nerfed but guess we find new ways to farm it

Quote Originally Posted by cynicz View Post
    How do you guys manage to run different classes? are you only using like 3 of the main skills on each character?
    Well, there are a few ways of creating "rotations" for your characters. As most people use ISBoxer nowadays, the answer you're looking for is more than likely the ISBoxer Pro Configuration. I've gone ahead and linked the fantastic video instruction series Mirai did on the subject. It's an awesome system and not as hard to use as it might initially seem. As soon as it clicks, you'll love it.

I would point out that if you are running only 1 spec, the pro system is probably not needed. For mixed groups, it's essential, unless you use something else, like Gnomesequencer, to handle rotations.

Also do you guys buy the battlechest+ current expansion for each account or is there a trick to lessen the initial costs? I dont mind buying 4x more accounts, just dont want to spend the 70$ per acc (base game + legion) if it isnt neccesary. Lastly is there decent gold to be made while multiboxing or is it just for the joy and challenge of running multiple accounts.
    I believe it might be slightly cheaper (only be a few dollars/euros per account) to upgrade straight from a trial account to Legion and skip buying the battle chest first. I could be mistaken though, so do check before buying.

Multiboxing can be good for gold, yes. For example Draenor was incredible for us. I must have made about 8 million gold on my 10-box this expansion without having to try too much. It's early to say how things will be in Legion though. Usually someone figures out a way for us to make gold, but it's in no way guaranteed.

We do have some safe fallback methods like the Cata raid farms, which got nerfed but are still OK if you have nothing else, and just simply multi-gathering with the new system. We'll see how material prices react to the changes in the system though...
    Last edited by Wubsie : 08-23-2016 at 01:21 AM

I used to 5 box mixed classes but now just 2 box - so far for me the easiest have been Hunters and Warlocks to play with minimal fuss. I just set up the spells the same on each window using macros for assist.

The fur and bloods from barns are still selling well for me. the bloods are selling for less..but still sell out in a few hours. the fur is selling for about 350g a stack on my server ( whipserwind ) and has been around that price for months. It might be a good fall back if there is nothing comparable in legion..ie somthing that every team can contribute.

I really dont want to use old content to make gold..but its hard to turn down the easy 100K a week i make off barns>>STILL! ( 4 teams of 5 )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    The fur and bloods from barns are still selling well for me. the bloods are selling for less..but still sell out in a few hours. the fur is selling for about 350g a stack on my server ( whipserwind ) and has been around that price for months. It might be a good fall back if there is nothing comparable in legion..ie somthing that every team can contribute.

I really dont want to use old content to make gold..but its hard to turn down the easy 100K a week i make off barns>>STILL! ( 4 teams of 5 )
    100k a week doesnt quite pay for membership :S would have to make 200k a week to essentially break even with 20 accs haha :O

100k a week doesnt quite pay for membership :S would have to make 200k a week to essentially break even with 20 accs haha :O
    Well yea..20 accounts will take a lot more. 100K a week almost pays for my 5..so 3 weeks of profit or 300K a month. I have made more, a lot more, but thats enough for me for now..and it takes very little time commitment..less than a few hours a week.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )