Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default [help] "click to place" spell

there are some spells that require A CLICK to place or to cast (the green circle) such as mass dispel, shadow fury, summon black ox statue, etc.

what i want to know is, is it possible to cast it WITHOUT A CLICK?

i read somewhere that in-game macro prevent it for some reason e.g gcd (through spam)
    anything can help it? with a software or something?
    Last edited by banyakbacot : 08-20-2016 at 01:27 AM

Rift has the macro command to do that. WoW does not, you have to click.

Are you trying to figure out a way to do this on your slaves from your main? I think you could work out something that's not too difficult. IsBoxer has VideoFX and a quick "send next click" keybind that might work as well.

Back when BM Hunters used traps I had something worked out where I could launch any of the slaves traps from my mains window using a "set camera view" and "send next click action". I could find the link for you if thats something that might help.

Yea.. i wish wow would do this. Even SWtoR has it so you can double tap a GTAE spell and it will auto place it at your targets feet. BUT, as JohnGab said.. I use ISboxer next click combined with an in game macro with set camera view options and it works good enough.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

It helps to always maintain the correct camera angle on everyone. I do the camera adjustment every 1 or 2 seconds off of my DPS rotation macros. This keeps the views square with what I'm doing all the time. Regardless of what I'm doing.

Then it's just a matter of a repeat action in a window of about .5 to 1 seconds. So long as your toons are in proximity and their cameras are aligned the AoEs should drop relatively close together.

Well... Technically you can I suppose.
    If you're using ISBoxer, you could just make a 2 step mapped key that looks something like the following:

Step 1:
    - Sync Mouse
    - Send key / macro for the spell
    Step 2:

- Send Mouse1

You could even condence this down by making the mapped key trigger on both when the key is pressed down and released.

Or is there something wrong with this kind of a setup that I am not aware of?

you can't macro a click on the gameworld.

/click will only "click" on bars or bags. its a simulated click, not a real hardware event.

you can use the regular key setup on isboxer to set up a "broadcast mouse until click" hotkey. use the regular mapped key wizard, it has a drop down for different tyes of keys.

doing so will have you activate the broadcast and open the green targetting display with a hotkey, and it will make your next mouse click cast and disable the broadcast.

What Wubsie said, plus a Set Camera View keybind (for my melee teams, zoom in all the way and look at the ground).

I've had much more success with the two step mapped key rather than putting it all in one step. It does have two drawbacks that I've encountered though:

1. If you try and spam the key, your alts can stop following even though it's a left click. Maybe this is erroneous and unrelated to the key itself, but it's what I experienced.

2. If you press the key more than once, you're likely to change your target repeatedly. This can be an issue if you need strict assisting and/or if you have 'reset=target' conditionals in your macros.

As an aside, it is possible to create Set Camera Views such that your alts will be targeting pretty close to where your main is. It takes a lot of trial and error and it won't work if your team is scattered to hell and back, but it's close enough for most things.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    As an aside, it is possible to create Set Camera Views such that your alts will be targeting pretty close to where your main is. It takes a lot of trial and error and it won't work if your team is scattered to hell and back, but it's close enough for most things.
    Ye, and through the same function you can also create a near perfect Death and Decay / Flare circlec around your team, as well as some other fancy little tricks.

Personally I just keep Set Camera View 1 bound on a separate key to be able to "reset" my cameras. Just got to remind myself to hit it every now and then, as melee teams tend to have issue with cameras going all over the place when IWT spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Personally I just keep Set Camera View 1 bound on a separate key to be able to "reset" my cameras. Just got to remind myself to hit it every now and then, as melee teams tend to have issue with cameras going all over the place when IWT spamming.
    I have mine bound to my "Move Forward" key, along with my /follow {FTL} action, so I never forget to refollow/reset cameras.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)