Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    Oh wow, that was almost bad. I didnt think the non WoD one was a toy as well. Thank goodness...
    It wasn't, but it is since 7.0.

I had a friend mention the idea of having each team focus on a profession perhaps? Like herb/alch, mining/bs, skinning/LW type of thing...

Anyone simplify it that way? I tend to think I wont be running every team and some will sit for awhile while I run my primary team through content, this might be a way to focus on the things I want to make, when I want it.

Blog Entries

I'll be doing a team for farming and a team for crafting. Everyone else will be sitting the Garrison for a while making bags and cards, I've got... a lot of materials prepared.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Just to be clear, there is no news about garrisons going away right? I see the barn, Jewelers hut, enchanters hut still being very useful for some time. Tailor hut of course for more bags...

I think I will make sure to start things off on all my toons even after Legion launches....I assume there is no professions related things in the guild hall to replace them?

I can't really figure out which professions to use for my team of 5 chars..
    I'm planning to start Legion with my paladins. So I'm thinking x5 mining for collecting ores and bloods. Then I was thinking second focus on BS. But it might be overkill to have all 5 with BS. So if I were to switch in a couple different professions, which professions would a team benefit most from, by having at least 1? I'm thinking in a maximized mats gain per effort point of view.
    I saw some ppl mention a tailor, do we get some "cloth scavenging"? and if so does it apply to the whole team?
    I'm also thinking about adding 1 enchanter, which can grab any unwanted gear and DE it.

Assuming there is a point to having the tailor for cloth loot:
    1) Mining, Blacksmith
    2) Mining, Blacksmith
    3) Mining, Blacksmith
    4) Mining, Enchanting
    5) Mining, Tailoring

Any thoughts about your own plans, or something I have not considered which I should?

I'm just going to sit back and watch what happens with you guys with your professions.

I believe the materials will be dirt cheap and no need for excessive mining/herbalism/skinning. Enough bloods will drop for anything that cant be bought in the AH. I also believe with the mob-tagging rules and personal loot I will not have much trouble getting gold.

For my team I will be:

1) Engineering (max level), Skinning
    2) Engineering (125), Mining (don't plan on using)
    3) Engineering (125), Herbalisim (don't plan on using)
    4) Engineering (125), nothing (unless tailoring drops more cloth)
    5) Engineering (125), nothing (unless tailoring drops more cloth)

I don't plan on using any professions, having them just in case. I spent too much time farming and whatnot in WoD and I am tired of it, thinking of going a time-saving route this expansion and concentrate on just doing things that are fun to me.

Blog Entries

TEAM 1 (Crafting/Dugeon Team)
    Death Knight (Blood/Unholy) Blacksmithing/Enchanting
    Shaman (Resto/Elemental) Alchemy/Leatherworking
    Warlock (Demo/Destro) Inscriptions/Tailoring
    Mage (Fire/Frost) Jewelcrafting/Tailoring
    Hunter (BM/Marks) Engineering/Leatherworking

TEAM 2 (Farming/Funsies)
    Demon Hunter (TANK) Enchanting/Skinning
    Monk (Mistweaver) Herbalism/Mining
    Rogue (Outlaw) Herbalism/Mining
    Shaman (Enhancement) Herbalism/Mining
    Warrior (Fury) Herbalism/Mining

I call this my division of labor strategy, initially my main team will be Mining in place of their armor profession. I will be selling ore and stocking up on Bloods for the first week or two. Then, I'll switch mining for Smithing, Leatherworking, and Tailoring respectively. Then of course I can switch to team two to farm mats to feed the main team.
    My Blog: SRS Business

I'm just wondering how the cooldowns will work. Like for scribe trinkets..enchanting and alch cooldowns etc.. im sure that will help to know which trade to have multiples of.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Ok, the final answer on multitapping nodes:

10 characters can get loot from a node. More can get skillups, but they won't get loot. They can even loot at the same time using a mouseover IWT macro--Just no more than 10 will get loot.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."