Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Brand new

Default Brand new

Greetings all, just registered after being given this website by someone from the WoW forums. And I had a few questions.

I attempted hotkeynet this morning and it seems alittle clunky. maybe I'm not doing it right, however, the follower was lagging behind. and wasn't turning towards the target to try and cast and I've seen other multiboxers characters doing this. also couldn't get it to loot without alt tabbing/skin without alt tabbing/turn in quests etc.

So basically, I guess what I am asking, is hotkeynet limited in ways that ISboxer isn't? I have applied for a trial to isboxer so I'm waiting on that.

Here's my end goal: I want to have 2 accounts set up, preferbably i'd like to be tank and a dps if that's possible or a healer and dps. If not then i'll just roll with 2 DPS if I have to. one would be enhancement shaman (or resto) and the other most likely mage or something of the sort. I want to be able to farm old raids, loot with both chars with personal loot (without alt tabbing) have skinning on both characters, skin without alt tabbing, herb without alt tabbing. 5 mans with ease as far as pulling weight on both characters. feel like that's a pretty accurate description of what I would like to do. if its not possible I understand, but yeah

Any advice/help given would be great. thanks all

You can loot and skin just using Interact with Target keybind, so both Hotkeynet and IsBoxer can do that without alt-tabbing. You can also turn in quests with both you just need to download the Jamba addon you will find here in the forum. Jamba does not care which you are using.

To herb/mine without switching to that window you would need something like the VideoFX found in IsBoxer.

So yeah there are some limits to Hotkeynet but whichever you choose to use will work for most things.

Welcome to the multiboxing forums!

Overall ISBoxer is way more useful and productive to multibox with. The benefit with hotkeynet is that it free to use and is a good start to see if you even like multiboxing.

You will find that setting up teams in ISBoxer is super easy for someone who is new. If your looking for help you should check out MiRai's youtube channel that has playlist of videos to help get you going. the direct link is: https://www.youtube.com/user/Multiboxology

Everything that you list seems pretty straight forward and with a little patience you can get everything that your asking for.

Of course, if there are questions; just ask.

I bought and set up 5 accounts yesterday, so I'm a brand new multiboxer like you. I installed ISBoxer and I confirm that it's painless for the basics. Already level 2 !

Quote Originally Posted by charly View Post
    I bought and set up 5 accounts yesterday, so I'm a brand new multiboxer like you. I installed ISBoxer and I confirm that it's painless for the basics. Already level 2 !

How long did it take you to get started after installing isboxer? I'm at work can't do much till I get home, just wondering how long until I can actually start farming lol

Quote Originally Posted by Intrakit View Post
    How long did it take you to get started after installing isboxer? I'm at work can't do much till I get home, just wondering how long until I can actually start farming lol
    The answer to this is entirely dependent on how quickly you adapt to the multiboxing playstyle regardless of software choice, but all it takes is constant, repeated practice just like any other thing you do in life.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    The answer to this is entirely dependent on how quickly you adapt to the multiboxing playstyle regardless of software choice, but all it takes is constant, repeated practice just like any other thing you do in life.
    Everyone makes it sound simple. Hope I can get it configured. So just thought of a question, if I take mining on account #2 but account #1 is the character I control and has skinning. Can I still right click or whatever command to make account #2 mine the ore. Or does account #1 have to be a miner or do I just have to tab? Sorry dumb questions never done any of this before

Everyone makes it sound simple. Hope I can get it configured.
    It's very simple if you understand the concept of how it's done. Some people are able to grasp that quicker than others, but everybody learns at a different pace. Plenty of people watch my multiboxing videos and wonder how I'm able to do some of the things that I do, and it's because I understand how mostly everything works, and I'm able to then apply it to my particular playstyle.

So just thought of a question, if I take mining on account #2 but account #1 is the character I control and has skinning. Can I still right click or whatever command to make account #2 mine the ore. Or does account #1 have to be a miner or do I just have to tab? Sorry dumb questions never done any of this before
    You can do whatever you'd like with professions, as you can directly control your slave characters from your main.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It's very simple if you understand the concept of how it's done. Some people are able to grasp that quicker than others, but everybody learns at a different pace. Plenty of people watch my multiboxing videos and wonder how I'm able to do some of the things that I do, and it's because I understand how mostly everything works, and I'm able to then apply it to my particular playstyle.

You can do whatever you'd like with professions, as you can directly control your slave characters from your main.
    home from work. and already confused lol. ima stick with it though cause I need this

ignore looting. was editing the wrong variable keystrokes for 2nd account to be looting. now I need to figure out skinning/mining. and RAF leveling so I can really get into this. I wanna do a tank and a dps lol.
    Last edited by Intrakit : 08-20-2016 at 02:00 AM