Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Brand new

ok, I have more structured questions now. Now that ive played around with it. I'm in love with it so I bought an additional account instead of a trial account so I can really get into this. So couple questions.

#1: I'm currently running prot pally and a mage. How do I get the mage to not follow on my a$$ and be in melee range of swipes and such? I noticed in the videos his tank was way up with the mobs and his entire DPS group was far back. I need to know how to set that up.

#2: his UI for ISboxer. in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPV1k_5vQaE I would like to know how to copy the ISboxer profile for 2 characters. I want to run a resto druid and a enhancement shaman. and then eventually the prot pally with my resto druid and this makes it look much easier than trying to match up keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrakit View Post
    ok, I have more structured questions now. Now that ive played around with it. I'm in love with it so I bought an additional account instead of a trial account so I can really get into this. So couple questions.
    I'm going to mention this now in case this thread is on route to becoming a mega-thread of your personal questions about how to use ISBoxer, but I'll ask that you begin breaking up your questions into separate threads so that people can more easily find answers to similar problems.

I understand the reasons behind people wanting to make their own threads with a plethora of questions which pertain to them, but in the big picture, this rarely helps anyone except the one person asking all of the questions. With that said, make as many threads as you want, but I'd suggest grouping similar questions into similar threads if possible (i.e. you don't have to ask only one question per thread, if the subject matter is the same).

#1: I'm currently running prot pally and a mage. How do I get the mage to not follow on my a$$ and be in melee range of swipes and such? I noticed in the videos his tank was way up with the mobs and his entire DPS group was far back. I need to know how to set that up.
    Almost everything in ISBoxer works like this:

I want to press _______, and I want <Target> to do _______.

So, for this question, you want to press a button and have your other character stop following.

Now, this is how you tackle this particular problem...

How do you break follow in World of Warcraft?

1) Press a movement key
    2) Enter into melee combat
    3) Use a channeled spell

I imagine there are a few more ways than that, but those are probably the top three. So, out of those choices, which is the easiest to make happen regardless of class? I'm going to say that pressing a movement key is the one which is works best overall. Breaking follow is an action in game, which requires a key binding.

So, now the problem becomes:

I want to press _______, and I want my other character to be sent the "move backward" key to stop following.

The key that you want to press for executing this is up to you, but now that you've got all of this information you can create a Mapped Key. If you're not familiar with how to create your own from scratch, then you can use the Mapped Key Wizard to do this. Simply pressing a key and having another key (same or different) be sent to another window is very basic, and you're looking at setting up a Key Re-Map with a Target of All w/o Current. Since it's also a movement key, then you can technically enable the "Hold" option if you want to be able to walk the character backwards, but it's not necessary for simply breaking follow.

#2: his UI for ISboxer. in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPV1k_5vQaE I would like to know how to copy the ISboxer profile for 2 characters. I want to run a resto druid and a enhancement shaman. and then eventually the prot pally with my resto druid and this makes it look much easier than trying to match up keybinds.
    The ISBoxer profile is linked in the description of the video, so you can load it up and look through it to see how certain things are set up. You can also open up ISBoxer multiple times, place them side by side, and then copy things from one to the other, but directly copying things from one profile to another doesn't always work because everyone's setup is different.

However, I'm going to assume that, based upon the video you've linked, this is also what you're referring to in your first question when you say, "I noticed in his videos..." I will point out that you're linking directly to the final part of a full series, so my suggestion would be to go back and watch the first six parts, as well, since they answer plenty of questions (including an alternate answer to breaking follow).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology